Cocoon @ PACHA discussion

Did two weeks in September and went to four parties. The rest was quality daytime on beaches and fantastic food at restaurants all over the place :)

I did the same but 3 of them were in the first 6 days. Kind of felt like we wasted daytimes abit! (Didn’t help the fact we had no car in the end tbh!)

I went at Cocoon late july this year and the place was saddly quiet. Only good news, Sven's set was great for the beginning to the end. I'm also happy to read that the party had a good september. I dont plan to be at a Cocoon party next year.

so after the great reviews of the closing and the season in general: what is your verdict of cocoon at pacha? stay or go? Have to say myself I'm in the leave camp. Cocoon at pacha was the best night of my holidays too, as always great music and the right people. but did it feel like cocoon ibiza? not to me, so many times caught myself thinking "wow, how would this track sound at amnesia club room" or "this would feel awesome with the co2 cannon of amnesia terrace". new pacha is better than the old pacha, but it still isn't anywhere comparable to a dirty, grimy cocoon at amnesia.
I also miss the choice you had at amnesia with two huge floors (and headliners).

Are Sven/Seth's closing sets available online anywhere to listen back? Or will they likely be at some point?

Are Sven/Seth's closing sets available online anywhere to listen back? Or will they likely be at some point?
Rare that Sven records sets. Usually exclusively when they’re on something like be-at.tv. Even then, it’s usually not the full set.

I think boiler room is the exception.

Stay. Nothing happens over night.
As Sven said himself, the metamorphosis is complete. It's been a bumpy road at times, lots of lessons to be taken on-board, but a move elsewhere would mean starting 2018 all over again. Next year is 20 Years, so a big one. Certainly, on a personal level I would only want it at either Pacha or back at Amnesia. Nowhere else.

The final 6 weeks of this summer was the pay off for persevering and sticking to both their guns creatively and their principles.

No doubt, this is a new Cocoon compared to what proceeded it at Amnesia. But I think it heads into next season with the potential to build on season 2018.

Didn’t go to Cocoon this year but went to Pacha. Just seems to me a really odd fit. I’d rather see it at DC10.

It's been a bumpy road at times, lots of lessons to be taken on-board, but a move elsewhere would mean starting 2018 all over again. Next year is 20 Years, so a big one. Certainly, on a personal level I would only want it at either Pacha or back at Amnesia. Nowhere else

What are the lessons? Bring in much more talent like Peggy Gou, Nina Kraviz, Gerd Janson? Etc. What nights didn’t work in terms of DJ mix?

Cocoon had a drop off in talent from its heyday but what can you expect at a smaller venue? It's basically a Sven + 1 night. Still prefer it over the tired names and sound at Paradise.

Sad to hear it will stay at pacha.

Both cocoon parties I attended in September were half empty and devoid of atmosphere. I appreciate that Amnesia is a bigger space to fill but nothing in my opinion worked for Cocoon at pacha.

Trying to compare the Cocoon of 2006-2010 at Amnesia to what I experienced at Pacha this year :-(

What are the lessons? Bring in much more talent like Peggy Gou, Nina Kraviz, Gerd Janson? Etc. What nights didn’t work in terms of DJ mix?

It's a night that's heavily dependent on the guests as Sven just isn't as big anymore ( awaits onslaught). Of course that Peggy Gou night was gonna be rammo cuz she's in right now there was also basically Appolonia in the side room to boot.

I could tell how this night was gonna go when the lineups were released before the season started and my thinking was right.

These Ibiza events and like every other event are heavily dependent on the lineups minus some exceptions like El Row. That's why Afterlife was good for example, they completely stacked the shit outta that. I doubt it'd be as busy with the same lineups as last year.

I don't need or want big giant lineups. I actually prefer a smaller room 2 with lesser djs

The days of amnesia terrace are surely gone for cocoon I can't see it going back and suddenly bringing in more people.

Id have no problems with it staying in pacha.

Definitely wouldn't like it to go to hi and then that just leaves vista room at priv, which would probably be good but doesn't solve the room 2nd room issue.

Back