Cocoon @ PACHA discussion

Looking forward to hearing the updates from this week - dancefloor looking very busy from social media.

It was busy indeed! Still some space though but I was done in by the time Nina came on. I really enjoyed Sven’s set and really liked the upgrade of Pacha. Spent a bit of time in room 2 also and loved the fact there was plenty of room to sit down.

I was well impressed with the early bird €20 entry fee - made it worth heading over for to try it out. I’m no Cocoon veteran but it seemed to fit well in Pacha I think.

It was good to meet @stivi and his recommendation of where to find space worked a treat!

I am definitely all partied out now though - couple of chilled days for me before I head home Saturday :)

Sounding like a broken record, but my god last night was great! Funny how Cocoon was written off a few weeks ago. On last night's evidence there is plenty of life left in the old dog yet! A tad controversial, but I think it might have been my favourite Cocoon of the season. More later!

Sounding like a broken record, but my god last night was great! Funny how Cocoon was written off a few weeks ago. On last night's evidence there is plenty of life left in the old dog yet! A tad controversial, but I think it might have been my favourite Cocoon of the season. More later!
So in short cocoon is getting better as the season goes on which is very positive! Hopefully this means for an epic closing in 2 weeks time!

Hopefully this means for an epic closing in 2 weeks time!

I've no doubt about it!

Cocoon has really been on a journey this summer. The early season dates were very positive and well attended, then things nosedived and it was looking a bit bleak numbers wise, if not energy wise - which I have to say never flagged, irrespective of bodies on the floor. But Peggy's date was ace, and last night was busy early and still heaving when I ducked out at 05:30.

Of course, lots of parties have benefited from the arrival of September crowds - and the next 2-3 weeks are non-stop party, followed party.

Next week will again be interesting. No Sven, but with Solomun in the port beforehand surely means many will migrate to Pacha afterwards to see Richie, Ilario and Matador.

Okay... so the dynamic of the night was certainly interesting with Sven playing an extended open - 04:30 set and Nina following. I didn't board the disco bus until 01:00am, and probably arrived a little after 01:30 - and I walked into a throbbing Pacha was Sven in full flow. Maybe his genius best where he just vibes off the energy of the floor.

From the start there was just something which indicated this would be a special night. The entire bus was going to Pacha. Looking around, it seemed more like a Paradise crowd than a typical Cocoon crowd. But once inside, I can't say I noticed anybody who seemed out of place.

Did Sven mix it up another this time around?
Hmmm. His core peak time tracks are still undeniably the same. But he threw enough new ones into the mix last night to keep my interest - and there was just something about the atmosphere which made all those favourite tracks sound as good as the first time I heard them. A real magic in the air aura.

These two blended seamlessly together was a personal highlight.

Another gratifying moment outside of Sven's 2018 arsenal was a catchy number with sultry female vocal: "I can love you, like an icecube..." Any ideas??

Nina really is marmite. I stayed for her first hour, but couldn't really get into it (plus I'd lost my partner in crime). I don't want to say she lost the floor, as that simply wasn't the case. But I wonder whether a Pacha that busy has ever experienced such experimental music. WOTG and Mosaic aside, I'd struggle to see when.

I don't know if I'm right in saying this was Cocoon's busiest date so far this season, but if not it was certainly up there. If this is a party in disarray, then I'd love to see one in form!

Great review @white_isle_calling - always great to hear positive comments about Cocoon after some of the concerns of peak season - despite many on this board have had some cracking nights across the summer.

The penultimate week isn't for me lineup wise - Hawtin bores me to tears but fingers crossed between him, Ilario and Matador they can draw a crowd. I have zero concerns about the closing - counting down the days now!

Can't even try to compare last night with last week's Cocoon. Got there before 1am and the place was electric from the word go - Sven at his best really. Certainly still rinsing lots of his go-tos, but some just sound so good on that system. This in particular -

Nina was excellent as well, couple of particular standout tracks with massive trance breakdowns (unreleased Trip tracks possibly?) and a really well put together set. Couldn't leave until the very death!

what a night I had. arrived shortly after 0.30 and after bumping into stivi (great meeting you again!!) to the dancefloor we went. that's where we stayed for all of svens set. loved the atmosphere. among the warm up tracks where adam ports 'do you still think of me' and the cocoon classic johnny d - brasil. I was so happy about that throwback to ibiza afters 2009 with that!
imagine the scenes when he played my summerhit krystal klear - neutron dance!!

soon came staple sven tracks: bäumel - the hatchet, mckay - black dolphin and this great rave track with the sound of a radio static and a male vocal about 'the UK blessing' - track ID anyone?

I agree, nina was a stark contrast. going from svens leaving track koze - pick up to two or three really druggy dub-techno tracks: woaa, that escalated quickly. I could have gotten into it but the missus would have none of it. also digby and dewalta just wasn't for me the times I checked it out.

all in all a cocoon as it should be, in a much better pacha than ever before.
after four hours of "sleep" flying was no fun today ;) have a great closing, guys!

Buzzing for the closing after these reviews, only concern is that it gets a bit too busy...

Great to hear Cocoon in full flow and talks of it dying a death clearly wildly premature.

Last edited:
what a night I had. arrived shortly after 0.30 and after bumping into stivi (great meeting you again!!) to the dancefloor we went. that's where we stayed for all of svens set. loved the atmosphere. among the warm up tracks where adam ports 'do you still think of me' and the cocoon classic johnny d - brasil. I was so happy about that throwback to ibiza afters 2009 with that!
imagine the scenes when he played my summerhit krystal klear - neutron dance!!

soon came staple sven tracks: bäumel - the hatchet, mckay - black dolphin and this great rave track with the sound of a radio static and a male vocal about 'the UK blessing' - track ID anyone?

I agree, nina was a stark contrast. going from svens leaving track koze - pick up to two or three really druggy dub-techno tracks: woaa, that escalated quickly. I could have gotten into it but the missus would have none of it. also digby and dewalta just wasn't for me the times I checked it out.

all in all a cocoon as it should be, in a much better pacha than ever before.
after four hours of "sleep" flying was no fun today ;) have a great closing, guys!

So got me buzzing for the closing!!

Back to the UK classics...! You’re welcome ;)

Last edited:
A part from the pirate which will find it boring and he won’t take any drugs because he doesn’t need them! :lol:
Got them dried gingers though!!! I think he pretends it’s dried ginger but it’s really just massive crystals of MDMA:lol:

Probably sold by some ita guy which then will annoying him by being at the front with his rude girls trying to push him out his space, luckily there will be a few soulmates + last year German girl and Francisco the true hippy of Ibiza which are going to keep them in check.

Probably sold by some ita guy which then will annoying him by being at the front with his rude girls trying to push him out his space, luckily there will be a few soulmates + last year German girl and Francisco the true hippy of Ibiza which are going to keep them in check.
Fuuueeekkk them!

Was the whole club open last night? Cocoon is definitely a party I'd do again next year... Despite seeing much more of Pacha this visit (Cocoon and Solomun), I still haven't been in Room 2. :spank: :lol: :evil:

Back