COCOON @ Amnesia 2017

Just read that RA article and it shouldn't even be compared to the 10 walls thing.
As I read it there could be some translation issues and possibly a little twisting from the journolist.
If he did mean exactly those things (regarding female djs becoming masculine etc) then he's a dick but I don't think he will be taken off any bookings for it, he's not even close to a household name DJ 98% of clubbers probably unaware of him anyway.

No translation issues. The original piece was by a German journo from German publication, Groove . It has subsequently been translated into English. RA merely picked-up the story and gave Konstantin a platform to respond. Bravo for that.
I think we need to be careful about accusing the journo of twisting the story when Konstantin's own colleagues have acknowledged this is his known stance.

I don't agree with the sentiment that only famous or established DJs - or any profession for that matter - should be held accountable.

Being "well known" has varying factors. Ten Walls is one of his country's biggest musical personalities. But by-and-large he is unknown in the UK and I assume elsewhere in the world, with the exception of people with an interest in electronic music.

Konstantin could be considered a prominent artist. But, likewise, will not be on the radar of the vast majority of people.

Last edited:
No translation issues. The original piece was by a German journo from German publication, Groove . It has subsequently been translated into English. RA merely picked-up the story and gave Konstantin a platform to respond. Bravo for that.
I think we need to be careful about accusing the journo of twisting the story when Konstantin's own colleagues have acknowledged this is his known stance.

I don't agree with the sentiment that only famous or established DJs - or any profession for that matter - should be held accountable.

Being "well known" has varying factors. Ten Walls is one of his country's biggest musical personalities. But by-and-large he is unknown in the UK and I assume elsewhere in the world, with the exception of people with an interest in electronic music.

Konstantin could be considered a prominent artist. But, likewise, will not be on the radar of the vast majority of people.

RA would take any excuse to write an article about anything related to Giegling. Massive fanboys.

Yeah, not really a translation issue, as a lot of people came out and said that what was written in the article, sound like watered down version of what he actually tells everyone around him...
Interesting to see that he hasn't dropped from Ibiza lineups, as he was dropped from sunfall festival, berghain (was supposed to play July 8th), and probably a few others.

Looks like it from videos, bit disappointing indeed. I was due to go on Monday but couldn't because I was 1% away from death :(

I believe some of the lighting is new. I'm normally not one to take note of lights, but was impressed.

Don't need extravagant light shows, but the year they had the big light up Jelly fish type things really enhanced my experience.
Last year (and this year) just a few light up hoola hoops hanging from the roof, just wasn't as good

Aye I remember the jungle decor too, think the jellyfish things were the year before that.

I actually loved when clubs used to have visuals, or a so-called ''vj''

one of my old haunts the Empire in 'Boro used to have a big projector behind the stage (it's an old theatre) playing old black n white film clips and suchlike, really good for something to focus your eyes on!

Couldn't see this elsewhere. Set times for Monday

Terrace
00:00 - 3:00 Sven Vath
3:00 - 3:45 AME live
3:45 to close Sven Vath

Back