COCOON @ Amnesia 2017

It's not even really about their music style, but I rate very low artists that only play the latest tunes.
In the case of Innervisions it's even worse, because 90% of their sets is just records you can find at their store (muting the noise) or tracks they have signed, and will be available in their store in the future.
I'm looking for much more eclectic\varied sets from artists that are supposed to be at the top.

Even Solomun will throw you some disco\funky\classics at some point, usually in the morning, but still...

It's not even really about their music style, but I rate very low artists that only play the latest tunes.
In the case of Innervisions it's even worse, because 90% of their sets is just records you can find at their store (muting the noise) or tracks they have signed, and will be available in their store in the future.
I'm looking for much more eclectic\varied sets from artists that are supposed to be at the top.

Even Solomun will throw you some disco\funky\classics at some point, usually in the morning, but still...
Fair do's. it is a shame there isn't more sets available from those guys as they have a very broad spectrum of stuff they play, not sure about them only playing their own MTN stuff or signed acts music exclusively in their sets, maybe check out dixon's opening set from space about 2012 that is available on the net quite freely, but, horses for courses mate.

2012 is a long time ago... they used to play more varied sets, and I did like them more in the past (mostly kristian), but now a days, very dull...

makes me laugh how suddenly they're all getting hyped when they're been around for YEARS

Just the way things go, though, in't it. You might get lucky if your digger or you happen to stumble across a great DJ by chance.

But for the most part, you're only aware of what you're exposed to. No shame in that. Just the way the scene works.

Some people have a natural sense of intrigue. And some people are happy to spoon-fed. And in between those 2 extreme polars is an entire spectrum.

I'm just happy that a dj like Gerd Janson gets more air time in Ibiza as he plays the music that I want to go out and hear. Not worried if he's hyped a little in recent times would much rather he gets hyped than a flash in the pan faddy dj - which is pretty much the norm.

That being said it's only 2 sets in 2 weeks so a long way to go!

Not sure the comparisons to Dixon/Innervisions are on point - can see why that's come up but not sure its especially relevant?

oh I agree Gerd's a top drawer DJ and really nice fella too. I don't begrudge him his success at all but I do really miss those guys playing tiny parties though

oh I agree Gerd's a top drawer DJ and really nice fella too. I don't begrudge him his success at all but I do really miss those guys playing tiny parties though

you can still catch him playing smaller parties in the UK, with longer set times too. I saw him B2B with Jeremy Underground for about 8+ hours last year.

you can still catch him playing smaller parties in the UK, with longer set times too. I saw him B2B with Jeremy Underground for about 8+ hours last year.
and he played in Middlesbrough at a small downstairs bar in March as well

I was high as hell last year at Afterlife when I saw him play. I just remember the music being 'good' but I was leaned up against the backwall in my own space (no pun intended!)

Any idea when sets times may come out for next week? Or does anyone have any thoughts on what set Josh Wink will get?

They've been pretty good at releasing set times on the Sunday before the party this season.
If I was to hazard I guess I'd say he might get the middle set? They'll probably give Ilario closing duties and I think Konstantin is most appropriate for the earlier warm up set.

They've been pretty good at releasing set times on the Sunday before the party this season.
If I was to hazard I guess I'd say he might get the middle set? They'll probably give Ilario closing duties and I think Konstantin is most appropriate for the earlier warm up set.
That was what I was hoping for so fingers crossed!

same as ten walls a few years ago. shitstorm also broke just before his cocoon booking and they cancelled.

clubs - sorry 'brands' - these days will blacklist any DJ offering freely held opinions that they think will give them bad publicity, yet at the same time give primetime slots to DJs who actively support the peruvian black economy. double standards?

Not sure. Maybe if they were vocal about being cocaine-fiends they'd find themselves dropped pretty quickly too?

Seth spoke up about it quite recently in light of the shootings at BPM. Bit hypocritical since he's been bang on various substances at points. Anybody know if he practices what he preaches?!

Back