COCOON @ Amnesia 2017

He's one of my faves. So versatile, he can adapt to any party - big rooms, small rooms...and he's a really nice guy to boot!
I second that. I think I've seen him 8 times already since 2013, at several different places, and he never had an off day.
His label "Running back" is my favourite too.

He's set at DC10 in the garden last week was the best set I've ever seen at DC10. Incredible stuff, I really hope they release that later on this year.

What kind of music does he play? Does he compare to anyone? Don't think ive heard him yet.

Ha didnt knowbu was there too! I was sitting in a corner, monged haha

Sorry for the confusion. I meant at Hï Opening. If I'd been at Cocoon last week, I'd have come to say hï to both of you despite what states you both might have been in ;)

I second that. I think I've seen him 8 times already since 2013, at several different places, and he never had an off day.
His label "Running back" is my favourite too.
he is known as the replacement dj for the 'worlds number 1 - Dixon' if he has to cancel so all round, yes, amazing dj.

he is known as the replacement dj for the 'worlds number 1 - Dixon' if he has to cancel so all round, yes, amazing dj.

makes me laugh how suddenly they're all getting hyped when they're been around for YEARS

would be interesting to do a search on these forums from 2005-2010 and see how many people championed gerd, harvey, kink or dixon then

makes me laugh how suddenly they're all getting hyped when they're been around for YEARS

would be interesting to do a search on these forums from 2005-2010 and see how many people championed gerd, harvey, kink or dixon then
I have been an avid follower of dixon/innervisions since about 2006 to be fair, i am no fanboy mind you that you see over most forums, just ppl playing records in a particular order at the end of the day isn't it?

I actually don't like dixon at all, I find him very pretentious and boring.
Regarding the others, can't really say that I knew anything about them 10 years ago, does that make them less good now? o_O

i don't think dixon is pretentious at all although i think i've moved away from that kind of slightly polished euro-tech sound in recent years. I preferred it when he mixed it up more in the old days and when there was a slightly funkier edge. I rate henrik much more highly tbh

Sorry for the confusion. I meant at Hï Opening. If I'd been at Cocoon last week, I'd have come to say hï to both of you despite what states you both might have been in ;)
Ahh got it! If you loo like your profile pic think I will recognise u ha

I can see why people see Dixon/Ame/Innervisions as pretentious etc but i do think that they pretty much have the right to be like that (if that is how you see it of course) for what they have done the last 12 years. dj wise i prefer marcus worgull and frank ame before he switched to his live thing,

I've seen them all, some blew me away some were pretty average but i honestly think that for ''pushing the envelope'' as it were with regards to not staying in the same kind of place musically and with regards to where they do their lost in a moment gigs they are definitely at the front of that kind of house music and have been for some time i feel

Back