Clubs officially opening after the COVID19 pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may cause a few issues but people are used to needing battery now.

I agree that the statement is to pressure the youth, probably make an announcing backtracking closer to the time.
Who'd have thought it, government u-turn 'we didn't really like the idea anyway'

So finally my first Sven gig since Ibiza 2019, guys! He played a club gig on Friday, in my hometown Vienna (all clubs are open since end of July). Startet at 1.30 and ended up playing till close at 6am, as he does :) Sven was in full-on feier-mode, you could see how much fun he had, partying in the booth just like we did on the floor. It was more of a techno set, but he also played some older softer tracks from during the lockdowns (like Rampa - 2000 or a Patrice Bäumel remix). Saw on instagram Sven apparently played his own track big bang for the first time. In the last hour he got out some of those very deep, slow and ambient-like tracks that I love so much in his sets. What an evening! I only shazamed one track, I‘ll share it with you

Last edited:
Went to We Are Festival Saturday as it's a stone throw from where I live in Essex... Tech-House brigade was out in full force on the Defected & Circoloco stages for Michael Bibi, Patrick Topping etc - wasn't really feeling the vibe on these stages was more Instagram wannabes than ravers!

Made my way to the Carl Cox stage and indulged in my first pinger for 18 months..... this must be the sweet spot as the euphoria was just like the first time - Charlotte De Witte absolutely smashed it playing a mix of hard-techno & some hard-bpm trance tunes....

I know Carl Cox doesn't get recognition on here but his set on Saturday was pure class - no random dance classics or tech-house but pure pumping techno - crowd was great in this tent and such a difference from the tech-house squad next door!

The news of no vaccine passports will be required in England for clubbing this year must be a massive boost for the industry - Adam Beyer/Len Faki date & Dixon at Printworks within the next month - good to be back!

Went to We Are Festival Saturday as it's a stone throw from where I live in Essex... Tech-House brigade was out in full force on the Defected & Circoloco stages for Michael Bibi, Patrick Topping etc - wasn't really feeling the vibe on these stages was more Instagram wannabes than ravers!

Made my way to the Carl Cox stage and indulged in my first pinger for 18 months..... this must be the sweet spot as the euphoria was just like the first time - Charlotte De Witte absolutely smashed it playing a mix of hard-techno & some hard-bpm trance tunes....

I know Carl Cox doesn't get recognition on here but his set on Saturday was pure class - no random dance classics or tech-house but pure pumping techno - crowd was great in this tent and such a difference from the tech-house squad next door!

The news of no vaccine passports will be required in England for clubbing this year must be a massive boost for the industry - Adam Beyer/Len Faki date & Dixon at Printworks within the next month - good to be back!
Yeh I seen videos on Instagram of the tech house stuff and it looks really awful...chav city and insta wanabees indeed..ugh hate tech house

Seen videos of Carl Cox I am not a fan anymore but he did sound like played some good tunes

Loving charlotte de witte, first time seeing her at junction 2 and she was ace

Didn't it used to be the ultimate 1 hour sets festival with about 100 stages? This year looked much smaller, perhaps understandably. But lets be honest any festival in Dagenham with a largely tech house line up is probably going to be horrific crowd wise

There was a stabbing there, really not surprised

The organiser and owner is a top con artist.

Let us not forget 2019 when it took you 3 hours to gain entry. People collapsing in the heat. A sniffer dog catching every other person. It made it into the media due to how dangerous it was.

Then if you were lucky to make it in you discover the sound system is diabolical all you hear is people chatting unless you stand next to the speakers.

They had the audacity to put Carola B2b Martinez brothers B2b Jamie Jones too

I also remember walking through the abode area and I have never seen so many creatures in all my life. Kids doing far too many drugs. Sniffer dogs didn't catch these did they

I genuinely don't know how they get away with it too many people forgive or not aware of what the standard should be for a festival.

The organiser and owner is a top con artist.

Let us not forget 2019 when it took you 3 hours to gain entry. People collapsing in the heat. A sniffer dog catching every other person. It made it into the media due to how dangerous it was.

Then if you were lucky to make it in you discover the sound system is diabolical all you hear is people chatting unless you stand next to the speakers.

They had the audacity to put Carola B2b Martinez brothers B2b Jamie Jones too

I also remember walking through the abode area and I have never seen so many creatures in all my life. Kids doing far too many drugs. Sniffer dogs didn't catch these did they

I genuinely don't know how they get away with it too many people forgive or not aware of what the standard should be for a festival.
My thoughts on this festering pile of shite have been well documented in the past

I hear that the Fisher / Solardo & weirdly Dubfire event at Drumsheds last week was very quietly cancelled ? Second event there on a Friday been cancelled, unsurprisingly

Hearing that the protests in The Netherlands have proved successful and clubs are reopening at the weekend. Is that right @FlatErik ?
Partly true.
Here's the weird story:
- Nightclubs can reopen but not at night. Everything closes from 00:00 till 06:00...this is at least until November 1st so also during ADE.
- Everything from a terrace to a club to a festival needs to be entered with a QR code (vaccin/test)
- Indoor events (including the "night"clubs) can only admit 75% of the capacity.
- This starts from September 25th.

So...I wouldn't really call the protests successful per se. In the larger picture for the hospitality sector, this is worse than it was. Now you can't even get a cup of coffee without having a QR code. And ADE will be very strange, some events will go ahead, some will get cancelled or move to daytime, some will have to cancel tickets and resell 75%. It's a mess.

I'm happy there is some movement though.

Partly true.
Here's the weird story:
- Nightclubs can reopen but not at night. Everything closes from 00:00 till 06:00...this is at least until November 1st so also during ADE.
- Everything from a terrace to a club to a festival needs to be entered with a QR code (vaccin/test)
- Indoor events (including the "night"clubs) can only admit 75% of the capacity.
- This starts from September 25th.

So...I wouldn't really call the protests successful per se. In the larger picture for the hospitality sector, this is worse than it was. Now you can't even get a cup of coffee without having a QR code. And ADE will be very strange, some events will go ahead, some will get cancelled or move to daytime, some will have to cancel tickets and resell 75%. It's a mess.

I'm happy there is some movement though.

😮 does Covid not go clubbing during the day? Another bonkers rule from a Government. Can't wait for all this to be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back