Clubs officially opening after the COVID19 pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
as much as I'm sorry for friends of mine who are either already there or bound to go there (most of them to work), I genuinely think it'd be for the best to postpone it (I also know some of you will think this is bullshit).

things are a lot different from a month ago when we had thought about going... good decision to delay IMO

I had planned to spend 1 month there during this period. not for zamna but rather to see friends again, enjoy the climate and do some nice scuba diving (I have already done winter seasons in the past in tulum)I’m not going there because there’s an upsurge in Mexico in particular and it’s complicated with planes ... but the entry prices were just crazy. € 300 entry on the 31st (for a just normal line up)

even if zamna is postponed, it looks as though a few cheeky parties are still taking place in tulum over the course of the next week.

names involved are

artbat
bedouin
maceo plex
damian lazarus

according to things I've seen on socials

didn't take long until people started denouncing tulum shenanigans...

didn't take long until people started denouncing tulum shenanigans...

not surprised.. I’m not sure how some of these U.K DJs are classifying this as ‘essential travel’ which is law.

just read an online article in the washington post about tulum and other mexican resorts in december and january. it says parties are everywhere with lots of Americans and Europeans flocking to the resorts. there are reported covid outbreaks after these, with many foreign tourists ending up in the local hospitals and straining the poor mexican health system. others are only diagnosed on their return to the US, spreading covid. what idiots!! this disgusts me!

The two countries that seem to have vaccinated the largest portion of their populations are UAE and Israel. I don't expect raves and excessive partying going on in Dubai. But how about Israel? Anyone in the know?

BPM is complete trash. They keep doing this over and over again. They announce festivals, cancel them a few weeks later and charge every ticket buyer a cool 30-40 Euro for refund. They know exactly that these events have no chance of actually happening.

BPM is complete trash. They keep doing this over and over again. They announce festivals, cancel them a few weeks later and charge every ticket buyer a cool 30-40 Euro for refund. They know exactly that these events have no chance of actually happening.

I do agree with you - but also really anyone that keeps throwing money speculatively at these kind of things in the situation we are in is kind of asking for it.

Still, they are plenty parties going on in Tulum right now. A friend of mine, who lived in Ibiza for the last 10 years, has actualy just move to Tulum to escape COVID restrictions and party like he use to in Ibiza...

I know. lots of people have done so.

Since their financial disaster in 2013, Eastern Electrics festival has catered almost exclusively to the young tech house generation. This year it's a lot more balanced. Jamie Jones headlining and Denis Sulta hosting his own stage, sure. But also a really nice stage with NOW, Folamour & Lovebirds (shame it's in the Big Top - uck!), Zip, Sonja Moonear and Rhadoo on another, plus Secretsundaze in VIP.

More concise than past years and moving to August Bank Holiday weekend is a bold move. SW4 will suffer I think

... if these festivals happen, of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back