Clubs officially opening after the COVID19 pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wooaa, definitely can‘t recommend going to Croatia, spiking numbers, countries issuing travel warnings and croatia closing nightlife.

Wooaa, definitely can‘t recommend going to Croatia, spiking numbers, countries issuing travel warnings and croatia closing nightlife.

Oh really? What is it spiking up to? What is the limit when they will enforce quarantine on returning from somewhere?

Every country decides for themselves when to order quarantine. Austria (my home country) just added Croatia, as it is a very popular destination among us and lots came home infected and brought our number up. Quarantine from Monday for everyone returning (meaning few will go there). The high number of infections are traced back to clubs on the adria, so Croatia closed them today.

Last edited:
Can’t get my head around some of these social distanced gigs. That event Steve Lawler at looks absolutely dead atmosphere wise and it’s like £30 a ticket

I think it’s very much a case of something better than nothing

Great for the promoters and DJs coining it in I guess. Still can’t work out how they get away with Manchester still being in lockdown and doing events like this. I’d guarantee none of those ‘bubbles’ are from maximum of 2 households. Next time Sacha Lord & Andy Burnham whinge to central government they should be reminded of stuff like this ?

I think it’s very much a case of something better than nothing

exactly this. and before anyone says 'I prefer nothing than this', just think about how many of your life's best hours promoter this and DJ that have supplied/provided over the years.

currently - and until further notice, which could easily mean another full year - this is the only 'safe' way to do stuff and keep the industry halfway afloat (unless the governments change their approach on the whole subject, but that's an entirely different discussion).

genuinely guys, if the dance music industry actually means anything to you, you better start supporting stuff like that.

genuinely guys, if the dance music industry actually means anything to you, you better start supporting stuff like that.

I disagree. It breaks every rule going. Greater Manchester is meant to be in lockdown because of having one of the highest infection rates in the country at the moment, no more then tables of 6 but only from maximum of 2 households. The videos from these events break all of these rules while irresponsible promoters and DJs get rich.

All while the mayor and nightlife ‘advisor’ for the area call for people to be responsible yet seemingly happy to license this ??‍♂️

I appreciate most posters won’t be in the U.K. but here’s the rules for Greater Manchester - https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...es-greater-manchester-local-lockdown-18770974

Last edited:

I prefer to support my scene and artists by going back to buying music instead of spotify streaming or just listening to mixes. I love bandcamp for that and hope lots of djs use the time for producing and releasing stuff even if they can‘t play it right now. Bring back the album format!
I know unfortunately this is no help for promoters etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back