Clubs officially opening after the COVID19 pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. It breaks every rule going. Greater Manchester is meant to be in lockdown because of having one of the highest infection rates in the country at the moment, no more then tables of 6 but only from maximum of 2 households. The videos from these events break all of these rules while irresponsible promoters and DJs get rich.

All while the mayor and nightlife ‘advisor’ for the area call for people to be responsible yet seemingly happy to license this ??‍♂️

if the rules are broken then that's obviously a different matter and if so, I do understand your disagreement. but at the same time, I can flat out promise that right now, no on promoter or DJ on earth is 'getting rich'.

I prefer to support my scene and artists by going back to buying music instead of spotify streaming or just listening to mixes. I love bandcamp for that and hope lots of djs use the time for producing and releasing stuff even if they can‘t play it right now. Bring back the album format!
I know unfortunately this is no help for promoters etc

buying music is good too yes. but supporting events will still help making sure that at least some of your favourite promoters might still exist in 2021 or 2022.

What's the alternative not party until there is a vaccine! By that time clubs and festivals won't survive

If you can have limited capacity at an outdoor event and social distancing then that's fine.

I will take what I can get right now I need to be able to dance though at least (not like ibiza rules)

Clubbing like this will be at least until late 2021 so we have too get used to this for the foreseeable future

ps - some more info, and I know I'm veering off-topic here (and I should probably copy this post over to the general coronavirus thread), but here goes:

about two weeks ago or so I shared some stats from switzerland (like, the official swiss health care system) where they had said that the nightlife had been the main cause for new infection. a week after they backtracked and actually had to admit they'd been wrong when putting up the numbers and that it wasn't the main reason for new infections at all - in switzerland this stirred up a big stir and the health care department had to openly apologize to the nightlife industry.

here in spain, two days ago, the official health care guys admitted that the nightlife isn't actually the main infection point. the only reason as to why they are banning it is because it's so hard to trace contacts. because of the pure nature of clubbing with dancefloors (which had been allowed in some parts of spain but never here on the balearics), if you do have one case it would mean you'd have to trace the entire crowd of that night - it's what they do in switzerland if a case comes up. here in spain, they don't seem willing to go this far. here the tracing works in a way that an infected person would simply indicate who he/she's been together with in the past few days and the tracers test those and it seems like they aren't willing to trace&test an entire venue if a case comes up. this to me is just lame and it could actually be done well (as it's done in switzerland now).

my bottom line is: both the swiss as well as the spanish autorities have independently confirmed that the main place/situation where people are getting infected are private gatherings at home. not in restaurants, not at socially distanced public events. but at family parties/BBQs at home, where no one would ever consider keeping the safety distance and less so wearing a mask. the numbers are clear. here in spain, the percentage of asymptomatic cases is so high and everyone is doing stuff with their nearest and dearest...and as you don't know you're a carrier, you just don't worry.

I've been gettin emails about Electric Daisy Carnival. I think it's in October but I'm not sure. I'd have to check... ;) EDC is very popular for Americans. And it's expanding tobe international with parties in like Colombia, China - I forget where, & I think in the UK - also don't know where.

Can’t get my head around some of these social distanced gigs. That event Steve Lawler at looks absolutely dead atmosphere wise and it’s like £30 a ticket

The set up didn’t look the best on videos i’ve seen. Think the one im going to this week looks waaaaaay better...

Time will tell

I might have been a bit harsh but just can’t get my head around paying £30 to sit on a pub bench in a marque, in a car park in broad daylight. Hopefully we see some restrictions easing up in the coming weeks / months - but my fear is we’ve had the best weather so not sure what solutions there are

I might have been a bit harsh but just can’t get my head around paying £30 to sit on a pub bench in a marque, in a car park in broad daylight. Hopefully we see some restrictions easing up in the coming weeks / months - but my fear is we’ve had the best weather so not sure what solutions there are

You should see the prices for the ones up here (and i dont just mean ticket price) :lol: i fully get that they will want to make as much money as possible given current climate but as well as that there’s fully taking advantage of people knowing events like these will be few and far between

I was mistaken about EDC. It's been cancelled as far as I can tell; first in May & then the one scheduled for later dates in the year as well. No EDC Las Vegas anyway. Perhaps the other EDC venues will fare better.

I think there was only ever a couple of EDC U.K. and the last was quite a long time ago (4-5 years ago) I think the first 1 sold out but they struggled after that.

yeah , i got many italians on my feeds, saw the crazy party with The Martinez bro, sound looks good (i always say i hate them (dc10 experience) but whne it's good ill tell it ? )

The temple porto cervo (Italy) sounds a place to be last few weeks, some french worker girl moving from ibz, to Porto cervo for work..kind of girl always in dj booth /private villa after parties.
same for another parisian contact used to posh places in Paris ,there too at Porto Cervo...

same in Paris for outdoor aeras , Fiesta!FIESTA!

St Tropez! (France) lot of big names djs there too :eek:

Mykonos videos of contacts didnt impress me..
While in ibz ..No dancing policy, harder than never this week ? ?

100% with Clarke on this. Those clips from Mykonos and Italy ect it really looked like some of those Tech(international)house DJs didn't want to be there and some probably had no choice to be fair.

I was there on saturday at the Syrossian/Lawler do. It was alright, the best it could be in the circumstances. Everybody was kept apart and except for one table of girls (who asked if they could swap with us because one of them had a hearing impairment...hmmm) everyone remained in their yellow box. The only pain was having to put a mask on when leaving your table to go bar/toilet, the security didn't seem bothered but one woman was telling everyone to pull it up and stand further apart and all the other stuff so whilst it generally felt relatively normal throughout, she was their reminding you that it wasn't. It was basically like going to a house party but without somebody taking the aux cable and putting shite on, although the volume could have been louder. For £22.50 it was a decent day, not spectacular but decent. Fair play to them for having a go but i'm not sure i'd do another, it just made me yearn for a dark dirty techno night even more. But we got back to the hotel for 10pm so plenty of time for some quality mixes and the horse mask to come out

IMG-20200818-WA0002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back