CHAMPIONS!! força barça!!!!!!

Did anyone see the Barca celebrations?

Messi was completely hammered.. hilarious sight. He tried to say something with the mic, it was so slurred not sure what he said.
I think iniesta was also pretty wasted.

love this squad, came across like such a down to earth group of people.

A random musing I had this morning:

Is it not a bit ironic that while we used to roundly criticize Jonny69 for his love of all things Celtic and Manchester United, no one has taken Grego, Liam, etc. to task for having dual loyalties to Liverpool and Barcelona? :lol:

Just a thought.... no malice intended :)

Is it not a bit ironic that while we used to roundly criticize Jonny69 for his love of all things Celtic and Manchester United, no one has taken Grego, Liam, etc. to task for having dual loyalties to Liverpool and Barcelona? :lol:

Ah very well observed Morbs.

So Morbs are you comparing Grego and Liam to young Jonny69???:eek::eek::lol: No malice?!!?!?:lol:

This could be today's hot topic!:lol:

Grego/Liam - can you confirm if you support Inter Milan/all other league and cup winners please?:lol:

Did anyone see the Barca celebrations?

Messi was completely hammered.. hilarious sight. He tried to say something with the mic, it was so slurred not sure what he said.
I think iniesta was also pretty wasted.

love this squad, came across like such a down to earth group of people.

Messi was hilarious with the barretina hat :D :lol: :D :lol:
He said something like next year we'll bring back the three cups :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with Ferd, it's a great team who plays like a team. The fact that there were 7 players who grew up as a football players and as a persones at La Masia makes a huge difference, they feel the colors like no one else. Piqué has his own sit at camp nou since he was born, so definitly his feelings are very intense :D

:lol::lol:

a couple of slight differences.

1) LFC is in my blood, born and bred, passed down 5 generations of spion kop standers. as far as i know, jonny didn't grow up within in spitting distance of parkhead.
2) i support barça passionately but liverpool are my team, when we played each other there was only one thing in my mind and that was for liverpool to win.
3) i think everyone has their teams in other leagues (for me milan in italy, river plate in argentina) for different reasons, but its rare to find someone who portrays the worst characteristics of a particular group of fans, in the way jonny did.
4) i was as ecstatic by wednesday as much cos man utd lost, as barça won.

you support moscow side surely?

Ah very well observed Morbs.

So Morbs are you comparing Grego and Liam to young Jonny69???:eek::eek::lol: No malice?!!?!?:lol:

This could be today's hot topic!:lol:

Grego/Liam - can you confirm if you support Inter Milan/all other league and cup winners please?:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

yep, i have followed milan for many years. marco van basten, ruud gullit and paolo maldini are ever presents in my dream team. hate inter *spits*

3) i think everyone has their teams in other leagues (for me milan in italy, river plate in argentina) for different reasons...
Yes, of course. I've got CSKA Moscow here and DC United back home. I was once even ridiculed on this very forum when I mentioned it!

Nevertheless, as with Liverpool for you, CFC is paramount in my mind.

I think it's perfectly natural... but I think you've found the answer I was looking for re: Jonny:
grego said:
its rare to find someone who portrays the worst characteristics of a particular group of fans
:lol:

:lol::lol:

a couple of slight differences.

1) LFC is in my blood, born and bred, passed down 5 generations of spion kop standers. as far as i know, jonny didn't grow up within in spitting distance of parkhead.
2) i support barça passionately but liverpool are my team, when we played each other there was only one thing in my mind and that was for liverpool to win.
3) i think everyone has their teams in other leagues (for me milan in italy, river plate in argentina) for different reasons, but its rare to find someone who portrays the worst characteristics of a particular group of fans, in the way jonny did.
4) i was as ecstatic by wednesday as much cos man utd lost, as barça won.

Mmm Grego gotta disagree with you here. Surely you must know the connections with Ireland and Celtic? Pratically every Dubliner follows Celtic!!

of course i know, but that's the point, it's not the same is it.

I don't think you can really belittle the fact he follows Celtic, which were formed from original Irish members. I know loads of Irish Celtic fans. It's hardly the same as someone from Surrey supporting Man U is it?

Mmm Grego gotta disagree with you here. Surely you must know the connections with Ireland and Celtic? Pratically every Dubliner follows Celtic!!

i think thats a bit of an urban myth
the premiership teams are the well supported ones in ireland

a scottish journalist was in ireland a few years back and couldn't watch a live celtic game in a pub as every one was showing EPL games

not saying there aren't deluded fools :lol: that support Celtic but its apparently not as much of a given as some might claim

i think thats a bit of an urban myth
the premiership teams are the well supported ones in ireland

a scottish journalist was in ireland a few years back and couldn't watch a live celtic game in a pub as every one was showing EPL games

not saying there aren't deluded fools :lol: that support Celtic but its apparently not as much of a given as some might claim

Yeah maybe that was a bit of a sweeping statement :lol: I just meant it's not exactly strange to find a Dubliner who supports Celtic, pretty common if anything.

Yeah maybe that was a bit of a sweeping statement :lol: I just meant it's not exactly strange to find a Dubliner who supports Celtic, pretty common if anything.
Veering off topic a bit... my point was about Jonny's dual loyalty (Celtic, Man U), not his support of Celtic.

ok my top 5 in order.

1. lfc
2 barça
3. shore villa junior football club under 15s (the stuff legends are made of)
4. mee-lan
5. whoever united are playing against (as long as it's not chelsea or everton, or real madrid or juve for that matter, throw millwall in too i suppose and defo mk dons)

anyone else? england fell my list after dion dublin got capped.

I just realised what a bad karmha I have when it's about football.

I support Barça, Osasuna and Real Sociedad.

But then I ALWAYS want to loose:
Real Madrid
Español
Valencia
Sevilla
Chelsea

and any italian team in the Champions..

I need to balance things a bit :rolleyes: :lol:

I just realised what a bad karmha I have when it's about football.

I support Barça, Osasuna and Real Sociedad.

But then I ALWAYS want to loose:
Real Madrid
Español
Valencia
Sevilla
Chelsea

and any italian team in the Champions..

I need to balance things a bit :rolleyes: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

but life is like that, music, people, places, food...........it's natural to have more ones that you don't like.

because then it means the ones you do like/support, etc are even more special.

being partisan is good, whether it's to do with food, music, football, friends.

Back