CHAMPIONS!! força barça!!!!!!

a side note re: the anti-franco

heard from a few people that were at the 192 Cup Winner Cup final in barcelona

Rangers won and the fans went en masse onto the pitch to celebrate
to be met by the national police of Franco
mass brawl ensued with Franco's boys meeting some resistance

a few fans have told how they walked back from the Camp Nou to the centre of Barcelona and once there didn't buy a drink all night - so delighted were the Catalans with the show of standing up to Francos police

When was that scott?

oops 1972 final

it may be apocryphal but it seems to show the hatred in barcelona for the regime in Madrid

It makes definitly sense to me ;)

real Madrid is supposed to be the team that have won more european cups, but that's because they were favoured for AGES because they were Franco's fav :rolleyes:

The rivalry between Barca & Real Madrid is well documented. Almost as much as that between Charlton & Millwall.

In the latter case, the football clubs are metaphors for pub brawls. In the mid 90s, the pint glass was replaced by the ball.

Ok, I was just ignorant to what went on in Spain. I've heard lived through all the **** here and have had my fair share of experiences first hand so I can appreciate what you're saying. I spoke too soon, apologies. J

real Madrid is supposed to be the team that have won more european cups, but that's because they were favoured for AGES because they were Franco's fav :rolleyes:

they also won it 5 times when nobody else was playing in the tournament!!

Didn't they also swipe one of Barca's best players? Puskas or Di Stefano or someone like that?

Maybe I got that wrong. Sure something like that happened to around th 50s and 60s.

This is Morbs fault!

Didn't they also swipe one of Barca's best players? Puskas or Di Stefano or someone like that?

Maybe I got that wrong. Sure something like that happened to around th 50s and 60s.

This is Morbs fault!

think the knicked the jules rimet too and shergar.....

And Figo! How could we forget the whoo-ha surrounding that transfer?!?!

Ronaldo(Brazilian) played for Madrid after Barcelona.

Bloomin Morbs.

haha :lol:

this was thrown at Figo on his first visit back. (tragically, it missed)

barca2_666x450_462078a.jpg

Haha.

There are far too many people on here who move to/visit a city a couple of times and then decide they're the greatest supporters evaaa of team in said city.

If it's not the team you first supported when you first got into a sport then you're a plastic fake - FACT.

Back