CHAMPIONS!! força barça!!!!!!

And he was babbling on about equalling Real's 9 wins the other day too :lol:

there were 150,000 people or so, out, last night on the streets - prob a lot more

a few crustie-style anarchists known as okupas often exploit mass concentrations of people to set bins alight and have a go at the police - this isn't football-related, this could be a political demonstration or national holiday or G20 or anything - it's just an excuse for a ruck

within the actual football support the only aggressive/far-right group is the boixos nois a bunch of maybe 150 meatheads who gather at one end of the nou camp. Ultimately, they are usually pretty tame apart from in the madrid/espanyol fixtures and the cops normally have them cornered outside the ground. Note there are 79,000 other people in the ground who have nothing to do with them.

99.99999% of Barca's fanbase are totally respectable, solid people, doctors, lawyers, professional types. A strong middle class following. Maybe a bit quiet in games, and maybe a bit naive at times but ultimately sound and hospitable folk. That clip is totally unrepresentative...

I was more concerned with what kicked it all off??? I know when we had the 'riot' last year it was because a supporter got run over by the police whilst trying to get home. I say 'riot' because essentially all it was, was a couple of hundred chelsea fans after the pub having a stand off with coppers and knocking a few bins over. :lol::lol::lol:

Just wondering if anyone in Barcelona saw it or knew what it was all about, it all seemed quite jovial at first and lets face it, you did win. :lol::lol::lol:

This...

Police in Barcelona made 134 arrests early on Thursday after celebrations for Barcelona's third Champions League triumph turned violent.
Football fans had taken to the streets to celebrate the Spanish team's 2-0 win over Manchester United in the final. (taken from the BBC)

Doesn't exactly smack of good reporting and tell the story does it???

Last edited by a moderator:

:lol: :lol:

When will Chelsea fans get over this years semi-final Barca controversy?.. ;) :lol:

Hmmm.. seeing you're still going on about luis Garcia's goal 4 years ago, am I right guessing at least 10 years, maybe 20? ;)

On a serious note I think all Barca fans acknowledge Chelsea were by far the team we found hardest to beat and it was probably in that tie where we needed the luck any team needs to win the Champions League

Sil + Rach i was so jealous of you two yesterday... Im trying to find you on here!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf249JNW8rM

you do know next years final is in Madrid :twisted::twisted: We might have to go to La cibeles to celebrate ;)

When will Chelsea fans get over this years semi-final Barca controversy?.. ;) :lol:

Easy. Not till we win the damn thing. :lol::lol::lol:

Just wondering why it's not been reported very much and wanted to find out what really happened. As per my post.

The UEFA fine thing was a joke (it's obvious they won't get fined as theres nothing they can do about the fans reaction) it was followed by a laughing face if it escaped any of you. Likewise with you Ferd. :D:D actually, looking back I didn't, but I meant to....

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering why it's not been reported very much and wanted to find out what really happened. As per my post.

Cos it's not important. I mean, the importan thing is that we are tri-campions (cup, league and champions winners) and that the celebrations were massive, mad and a very very very little minority just went mad at the end of it. If you mix futbol, euforia and alcohol is what sometimes happens, isn't it?

Serious and innocent question: when an english team wins something big, is there any spontaneous ceelbrations like just hitting a place in town? are there any problem with so many people drunk and euphoric?

Beautiful 8)

ead07bc1068e00253e6e9eaa0142763b-getty-86152763jm144_barcelona_v_m.jpg

Cos it's not important. I mean, the importan thing is that we are tri-campions (cup, league and champions winners) and that the celebrations were massive, mad and a very very very little minority just went mad at the end of it. If you mix futbol, euforia and alcohol is what sometimes happens, isn't it?

Serious and innocent question: when an english team wins something big, is there any spontaneous ceelbrations like just hitting a place in town? are there any problem with so many people drunk and euphoric?

If they win they celebrate and there isnt any trouble its when they lose that the trouble starts... I was in Manchester last night and there was a fair bit of trouble on deansgate nothing like what happened in Barcelona though

Yes of course, but if british fans do it it's all over the papers. Both in the UK and abroad.

Chelsea & Rangers last year for example. Not that I'm condoning any of it you understand

We've even been accused of similarly trashing Barcelona in the past by certain people on here. So when Barca 'fans' do it it's acceptable and understandable? (obviously not every single one of them Olly)!!!

I'm just saying that we get dragged over the coals about everything and even the littlest things get magnified intensively, take that 'death threat' incident this year.

BTW if you didn't know, that was from a teenager in Australia who couldn't afford a ticket to Norway for 4 years and was only posted on an internet forum in anger. (he has since apologised and been grounded). :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :lol:

you do know next years final is in Madrid :twisted::twisted: We might have to go to La cibeles to celebrate ;)

Pathetic isni it. :spank:

Madrid sounds like a plan, LFC V Barça :twisted:

We usually riot, win or lose :lol:

Thing is I reckon ManU got caught up in their hype. The best, unbeatable etc.

It's been showing the last couple of months. When teams actually have a go and don't just lie down they lose it. They nearly got found out against Villa and Spurs but were able to turn it back on against them as they aren't nearly as good as Utd.

But when they came up against decent teams like Liverpool and Barca they didn't have a clue, they'd forgotten how to be what they were so sure they were. Playing a weak/rubbish Arsenal in the Semi's was probably the worst draw they could have had as it didn't stretch them at all and further enforced the invinceability delusion.

Back