Carl Cox reveals plan to build a new Space Ibiza

What type of crowd would this 'new space' be marketed at?

Us old(er) veterans
Or the young kids
Both? Is that possible?

Carl Cox has a larger younger following imo and he's the corner stone of this isn't he.

Us old(er) veterans
Or the young kids
Both? Is that possible?

Carl Cox has a larger younger following imo and he's the corner stone of this isn't he.
The good thing about Space was that it didn't matter - there were all types of people in there, from youngsters to veterans.

Hopefully this will be the same.

Hopefully it attracts a good crowd and not a poor new crowd of people who are only going to say they have been to the new Space!

I feel the social media marketing could have a detrimental affect and with the UK events at Studio 338 probably attracting the wrong crowd. I haven't been to any but if its like the majority of their events that would not be a good thing.

Could be a good idea add an event in there to attract the bad young British crowd so it leaves the other nights of the week to be enjoyed!

Us old(er) veterans
Or the young kids
Both? Is that possible?

If they were bold they'd go for a 'no VIP area' approach and while that would lose some revenue there's surely profit to be made with just standard entry customers and a stripped back production approach.

New venue in the end but surely just a few pop up’s this year...

Dunno if person was telling truth but in the comments on fb they said the new club will be close to residential area so opening times would be same as everywhere else...

I can’t see anything that suggests a new club at all. Looks like club nights in existing venues to me. I’d take Facebook comments with a pinch of salt.

Hi, just a reminder :

Carl Cox: Todos quieren conocer la respuesta a esta pregunta, pero lo cierto es que todavía estamos esperando. Hasta mayo al menos no se concederán licencias para nuevos clubes en la isla. Cuando se celebren elecciones; las cosas podrían cambiar y si lo hacen ya estamos organizando una campaña para proponer al gobierno local que nos otorgue una licencia para tomar el control de un club existente o construir un nuevo club.

No new club this year........

If they were bold they'd go for a 'no VIP area' approach and while that would lose some revenue there's surely profit to be made with just standard entry customers and a stripped back production approach.
The vip areas pay for the djs ,, that ain’t going to happen !!

Completely agree! ITS NOT SPACE! Personally Space was the club, obviously the people who run it made it so great in that venue but you cant have a Space branded night at say Amnesia :confused:

The location of Space also allowed it to attract a multi national crowd, which was one of the things I liked about it, if the new one opens in San An then it will be very British, same goes if it was to open where Sankeys was. One thing I don't really like about Eden for example, is not only does it just look like a club that could be in London, the crowd it always attracts makes it feel like its in London! Not sure I have ever heard a Spanish voice in there! :)

Dunno if person was telling truth but in the comments on fb they said the new club will be close to residential area so opening times would be same as everywhere else...

doesn't matter where the club is located - of course its opening times will be the same as everywhere else (in this district). the name space or the owners will not make a difference in front of the law.

The location of Space also allowed it to attract a multi national crowd, which was one of the things I liked about it, if the new one opens in San An then it will be very British, same goes if it was to open where Sankeys was. One thing I don't really like about Eden for example, is not only does it just look like a club that could be in London, the crowd it always attracts makes it feel like its in London! Not sure I have ever heard a Spanish voice in there! :)

Do you think? I only ever really went to Carl Cox’s nights there but I do remember it being a predominately English crowd a lot of the time.

Do you think? I only ever really went to Carl Cox’s nights there but I do remember it being a predominately English crowd a lot of the time.

depending on the night the crowd changes massively. it‘s the case in most of the clubs on the island. at space, parties like we love and also enter drew a very international crowd. and while coxy obvs had lots of british, there also always were lots of italian and spanish

Yeah there are nights that attract a strong British crowd, Together for example, but Sankeys and Eden are clubs that attract British crowds regardless of the night, so I dont think Space would work in either of these locations, otherwise it would be a very british version of Space, like the events we get here at 338...

As much as people are getting excited about a new Space, it will never recreate the magic of the original, for starters Space was there at the beginning of house music, a lot of pioneering djs in the scene have played there before they were the massive superstart djs they are today, it also grew with the explosion of the dance music scene, putting in extra rooms and roofs on rooms so they could go on all night

Back