cafe del mar

I like the Sunset Strip but when I went last year it was just too busy. No space to sit, queues in all the bars, just lacking in atmosphere somewhat.

kitten's head said:
I like the Sunset Strip but when I went last year it was just too busy. No space to sit, queues in all the bars, just lacking in atmosphere somewhat.

I know what you mean...when the sunsets over I hate getting caught in the huuugge stampede of people up to the West End!!! Arrrggghhh! :eek:

Does anyone know who did all the decor in Cafe Del Mar - its fab! Any piccys McRackin?!!! Don't really want to remember my first memory of CDM though - spilt a whole jug of Sangria down Lenny Ibizarre's pants by accident!!! Whoops!!!

mambobirdette said:
kitten's head said:
Last time I was at Mambos, it stank of sick. :x

Maybe someone was

Me & friends always use the disabled loo in the middle of the blokes & gals as its huuuugge and always clean - Cheeeeekyyyy! ;) Damn, all the folks will be doin that now!!!!! :lol:
Is it just me or could you seriously fry an egg on the wall of the Mambo loos - why soooo damn hot in here?!!!! 8)

The toilets always seem to be blocked as well, and there's never any toilet roll. :x

K said:
The toilets always seem to be blocked as well, and there's never any toilet roll. :x

Oooo, now theres an idea....a poll for good loos & bad loos!!! The worst I've experienced are Es Paradis (are u guys peeing in the pan? i dont think so!), Kumharas (ugh!) and Kasbah (couldn't even swing a cat in there!!!) and generally most of the West End's loos - soz its true!!!!
Good are Coastline,Pacha and Cafe del Mar coz they are just sooo pretty!!!! He! :lol: :lol:

:x What really annoys me is the MALE security at Space seem to just think its ok to wander in and out the womens loos merrily checking under the cubicles whilst doing the bizz!!! :confused: :eek: The cheek!!! :x Whats the deal with this you dirty !*?$£!!*@ :x

K said:

Perhaps ive been lucky because all the times ive been there (and its been a lot) ive never had problems :D

Lou - Im gonna be trying that Disabled toilet idea, cheers ;)

silvia said:
ED CASE said:
Personally I think that whole area is a tacky tourist trap

I agree with you, I think it's much more authentic to watch the sunset in a lonely beach or anywhere with nice views (Cap d'es Falcó, for example). I don't need the music.
Anyway, when I'm in the island off season and Café del Mar is open I always try to have a drink there.

no, the best way is to see the sunset, is on your own boat, with a bottle champagner and classic music....(boat: lets say a Mariah 25 feet would be ok... ;) )

vienna said:
silvia said:
ED CASE said:

I agree with you, I think it's much more authentic to watch the sunset in a lonely beach or anywhere with nice views (Cap d'es Falcó, for example). I don't need the music.
Anyway, when I'm in the island off season and Café del Mar is open I always try to have a drink there.

no, the best way is to see the sunset, is on your own boat, with a bottle champagner and classic music....(boat: lets say a Mariah 25 feet would be ok... ;) )

Good idea, but what if you don´t have a boat?... Then, I think, sunset strip is a good place to see sunset...

Anna said:
vienna said:
silvia said:
ED CASE said:

Good idea, but what if you don´t have a boat?... Then, I think, sunset strip is a good place to see sunset...

pssst....wait till a boatowner will invite you... ;) 8)

silvia said:
I think it's much more authentic to watch the sunset in a lonely beach or anywhere with nice
views (Cap d'es Falcó, for example).
totalment d'acord. cap des falcó a principis de gener:

28278635-5e29-02000180-.jpg

ibiza_lou said:
Does anyone know who did all the decor in Cafe Del Mar - its fab!
it was designed by luis güell!! :idea:

ibiza_lou said:
Any piccys McRackin?!!!
sí señorita:

POSTER7.JPG

ibiza_lou said:
Don't really want to remember my first memory of CDM though - spilt a whole jug of Sangria
down Lenny Ibizarre's pants by accident!!! Whoops!!!
lenny.JPG
<---
eck22.gif

(cocoloco room - balearic people @ privilege 2003)

hmmm well I still find it to be a very nice place......and its such a nice thing when people clap the sun down. yeah sure its pop and commercial as hell ,but i love it! for me thats what Ibiza is also about. being eith happy peeps, watching the sun descend!

Ibiza-girlie said:
hmmm well I still find it to be a very nice place......and its such a nice thing when people clap the sun down. yeah sure its pop and commercial as hell ,but i love it! for me thats what Ibiza is also about. being eith happy peeps, watching the sun descend!

100% with you! A lot of people like to slate the sunset strip because they are 'too cool' to do that sort of thing. Normaly it's the people that have only ever been there once or twice.

The thing I hate about Ibiza is the total snobbery of people who have been a couple fo times and then think the are an authority on everything. Some of the workers in the likes of Bar M, just out of school, two months in Ibiza and they think they know it all, now I remember the days when .................... :D

Cafe Del Mar is Ibiza, if it's a good sunset and it's been a great day, it deserves a round of applause. It does piss me off when it is a crap sunset and folk still clap, a wee bit mind! It did used to be only for outstanding sunsets, now it could be cloudy with thunder and lighting and people still clap. :rolleyes:

I am so with you,esepcially on the snobbery part! I could have written that myself...

I love the sunset strip, and I have seen sunsets from other siden of the island sure - but I just think its lovely when people come together and embrase the Island and the sun the way its done in Ibiza.

I have my favourite table made for me at Savannah with all my mates, and the first meal we ever have in Ibiza is always the one at Savannah where we sit and have drinks, food and more drinks whilst watching the sun go down. Its a nice tradition and I wouldnt miss it for the world. This is mainly why I choose to stay in San An. The place around the strip is really nice and I wouldnt miss this for the world. Im going for my 6th time, and everytime I go - it´s still as amazing as the first time......

Back