Burning Man

arrived home yesterday after burning man and once again it blew me away, such an amazing festival. Was great to finally meet Agent. I will definitely be back.

Also spent a few nights after the festival camping at lake Tahoe which i would also highly recommend..its such a stunning place and i also got to see my first bear, which walked past us on the campsite a few meters away.

Great experience. Im on a downer today though

1238096_381237865342182_1553529104_n.jpg

my friends and i are back thinking about this again:confused::)

my friends are more keen than me i will say, it does look / sound amazing though from all the video / blogs ive seen/read

music is perhaps a bit hit n miss going on a lot of the soundcloud sets i've looked at though)...

for those burners...are you / did you get involved in a camp / worked on an art project, or did you just go to take it all in?

im pretty useless when it comes to any form of DIY & have zero artistic skills, so not sure what use i'd be to building anything...i'd just want to go and have a look to be honest (are there a lot fo people who just go to spectate? or is that really an indication the burning man experience isn't really for me?)

an awful lot of prep required + travel & cash going out from the UK)..bartering? cooking?....whats the situation with food, are there stalls? food traders? what do you barter?

just lots of things to think about...for example: think last time i was on a bike i was 17!...so that wasn't yesterday:)

drug situation? mainly acid? cannabis? lot of police / undercover?
booze situation, do people just carry about their own, or is there traders/ bartering for that as well?

Last edited:
2014 Art Theme and Ticket Sales Announced:

http://burningman.com/art_of_burningman/bm14_theme.html

Tickets sell out that day, so make sure you act quick on them………..

If you have any questions about the journey TM78, I'm happy to answer them…..or I can put you in touch with my friend Jesse who lives in London and made the trip over for the first time this year. He can answer some more specific questions about what it's like to come from the UK to the festival….and likewise, I know KJ and a couple others from here who have done it a couple times as well…..maybe they'll chime in.

2 things…….

1.) You never forget how to ride a bike

2.) You may not be very artistic now……but you will be (or at least inspired to be) when you return from your first burn!!

Best,

Mike

Tickets to 2014 sold out. In a record 35 minutes!! If anyone is interested in attending this year, make sure to look for tickets through credible sources and to check the ticket number on the Burning Man website to verify it is a valid ticket! Also, do not support scalpers by purchasing tickets above face value! Hope everyone is doing well!!

Best,

Mike

I started this thread 8 years ago and this year I am finally going to Burning Man!!! I can't express how excited I am :)

Back