British and Bad teeth, Myth or for real?

"Why is it a ridiculous statement? They are my observations and partial conclusions as I have not seen every person in the regions mentioned. Hello...that is why I wrote in parenthesis, I am open to other's people views. Why just not elaborate? I made a statement and I shared my observations and opinions. To eradicate stereotypes, then why not start here by stating your opposing views rather than just "loathing" us. Go on, educate us, if you will. Why so defensive?"

Well?

Look - I'll say it in plain American.

I objected to you saying Europeans dont wash and the other bit by Crazed that we have bad teeth.

Bored now.

WhiteIsleGirl said:
I would not even narrow to only the UK but more so Europe. I have traveled quite a bit and have dared to ask several of my peeps and they do admit that they don't shower as much as we do. Even change of clothes... It all stems from the lack of water back in the day and also having communal baths. Water was also very expensive. It was not unusual to bathe in dirty water your whole family used.

this HAS to be a joke right? like this entire thread!!!!!????!!!

WTF! :eek:

S Express said:
WhiteIsleGirl said:
I would not even narrow to only the UK but more so Europe. I have traveled quite a bit and have dared to ask several of my peeps and they do admit that they don't shower as much as we do. Even change of clothes... It all stems from the lack of water back in the day and also having communal baths. Water was also very expensive. It was not unusual to bathe in dirty water your whole family used.

this HAS to be a joke right? like this entire thread!!!!!????!!!

WTF! :eek:

Good crack, heh?

Stereotypes may have originated from a small minority of incidents/events, however a stereotype is something which has become so ridiculously manipulated and has undergone a metamorphosis into something which when applied generally is now FALSE.

Therefore:
not all black people are criminals/animals
not everyone that goes to Ibiza is like the "stars" of Ibiza Uncovered
not all English people talk with a cockney accent or like the queen
not all people with dark skin are terrorists

not all Americans are ignorant of their own country's foriegn policy -

however you guys are clearly doing a good job of disproving the last one with your question: Why do people loath America?

:rolleyes:

I'm off to have a bath with my 5 brothers and sisters, the dog, the neighbour, and the milkman, i'm kicking out a right stink....

hook19 said:
I got elbowed in the face playing footy 2 years ago and it chipped a back tooth. I didn't go to the dentist until it recently started hurting and the white filling for it is costing £69. That's private fees cos they don't do white fillings with National health prices.
I was pleasantly surprised at this price. Thought I was looking at a lot more.

i thought all irish people had the stereo type of toothless simpletons :lol:

I think this thread has set international relations back 200 years. I see why I stay in the music forum... :(

WHITE ISLAND GIRL:

Our whole families used to share bathwater?

Does your family all share the same brain cells or IQ?

Perhaps in centuries past - probably the same time you yanks had a legalised slave trade - and were annahiliating the Native population -

God you are soo dumb. If you had a genuine interest in this as you so strongly protest - you would be able to see the poverty in europe was equalled by the poverty of many sections of USA - especially amongst the many immigrants.

You're just too thick to apply some reason or logic to your own questions. Think laterally and rationally and you must see your questions are fuking dumb.

PS The moon ain't made of cheese either you f***ing half wit.

MARKB said:
WHITE ISLAND GIRL:

Our whole families used to share bathwater?

Does your family all share the same brain cells or IQ?

Perhaps in centuries past - probably the same time you yanks had a legalised slave trade - and were annahiliating the Native population -

God you are soo dumb. If you had a genuine interest in this as you so strongly protest - you would be able to see the poverty in europe was equalled by the poverty of many sections of USA - especially amongst the many immigrants.

You're just too thick to apply some reason or logic to your own questions. Think laterally and rationally and you must see your questions are *beep* dumb.

PS The moon ain't made of cheese either you *beep* half wit.

Oh, I thought the moon was made out of cheese, thanks for the enlightenment. Thanks for the compliments and your views...

comin' at ya said:
say what you think :D

You're not serious, right?! You did not have enough kahoots to even elaborate your views but instead chose to cowardly attack me with a stereotypical (oh yeah, you prejudge too as I am righly blamed!) general statement (contradicted yourself) and you are trying to jump the bandwagon now? Did I not address my peace with you privately? If you wish to carry on...then please advise.

can't well all just get along? i mean really...

let me just state a quick opinion: people all over the world are so much more alike than everyone seems to think. there are no stereotypes that can be found truthfull if you really take a look at whole populations (i.e. Europe, America, etc.) its frustrating to see people who have so much in common attempt to find ways to identify their differences (i.e. identify their superiority). if you tried, you would see that we all are more alike than different!

MARKB said:
[
People from the Southern states in the USA all *beep* their cousins, so i hear.... :rolleyes:

(that's Brit sarcasm by the way - whoops another tooth has fallen from by rotten gums)

Crazed - go fck yourself you pig ignorant twat.

excuse me, no need for attacks or blant name calling. I had no intention of offending british people, only asking an honest opinion if there's truth to that stereotype.

You want to know why I ask this question? Ever see the movie 'Austin Powers' or watch 'The Simpsons' then figure it's modern origin.

It may be all american media nonsense, but living here I've seen cartoons to SNL skits that portray british people with bad teeth. I know it's repugnant compared to modern days and It's just the same kind of humor that all international ties have with humoring themselves about other cultures.

I have no intention of offending anyone, if I did, I apoligize so.

Back