Bridget - The edge of reason...

stuie said:
apparently the plot is really thin and story doesnt lead anywhere. from what i've read it's nothing like the original 2nd diary either.
From the trailers ive seen and the bits on the radio, it sounds noting like the book. Shame cos ive read that a few times now and its fantastic. Still gonna go see it tho cos theres a bit of Bridget in all us girlies I think :D

silvia said:
synchronicity said:
silvia said:
What's BJ? :confused:

Bridget JOnes it's an insult to womankind, as any women or girl who feels identify with her. :evil:

I don't understand why girls like it so much, or profess to identify with it. If I was a woman I'd be mortified with humiliation at being portrayed in this way in popular culture.

Sync, in a way, and depending on your circumstances, a girl can easely feel identification with her. You can't imagine the pressure on a girl when you reach your 35 and you don't have boyfriend. It's ridiculous, I know, but it's like this :eek:
Well im not 35 or a spinster, but I totally identify with her and im not mortified or an insult to womankind :p

I enjoyed both books and the first film. I've not seen the second film yet. I don't see why BJ is getting such a battering. She may be an exaggerated character but alot of women can relate to feeling crap over a guy or wishing you were thinner but still eating lots of crap!! No wonder she feels bad, she really likes Cleaver but he cheats on her with a woman who looks like a model. What women wouldn't feel terrible over that. She still does well in her career, gets promoted, ends up doing tv work. Diarys are full of your deepest, darkest feelings. They are a vent for all the things you wouldn't tell other people. I don't think it makes you a weak person just because you want to find a partner, especially if all your friends are in relationships.

saw it last night, very samey in places to the first but i laughed my ass off! we all enjoyed it immensely and couldnt understand why it got so many bad reviews. for its category of film i'd give it a 9 definately!

Ibiza-girlie said:
well big girls all-grown-up-with-holiistic-lifestyle-dont-need-no-men-and-lets-all-go-to-india-and-live-in-peace-love-and-harmony-thing-and-do-gangbangs arent my types either.
each to there own but i know id rather be my own person than moping about men all my life.

Back