Bridget - The edge of reason...

silvia said:
synchronicity said:
silvia said:
What's BJ? :confused:

Bridget JOnes it's an insult to womankind, as any women or girl who feels identify with her. :evil:

I don't understand why girls like it so much, or profess to identify with it. If I was a woman I'd be mortified with humiliation at being portrayed in this way in popular culture.

Sync, in a way, and depending on your circumstances, a girl can easely feel identification with her. You can't imagine the pressure on a girl when you reach your 35 and you don't have boyfriend. It's ridiculous, I know, but it's like this :eek:

so are you saying it is an insult or not??

synchronicity said:
silvia said:
synchronicity said:
silvia said:

Bridget JOnes it's an insult to womankind, as any women or girl who feels identify with her. :evil:

I don't understand why girls like it so much, or profess to identify with it. If I was a woman I'd be mortified with humiliation at being portrayed in this way in popular culture.

Sync, in a way, and depending on your circumstances, a girl can easely feel identification with her. You can't imagine the pressure on a girl when you reach your 35 and you don't have boyfriend. It's ridiculous, I know, but it's like this :eek:

Yes, it is, and it's a shame that society put you a label in your face when you are 35 and no boyfriend

I woulda thought that modern women would have identified with her more if she was a sociable girl who loved to party, but didn't know if she wanted to settle down and have kids or not. She could have been shown struggling with that decision in the context of the bad hand women are dealt in the game of poker that is our biological differences. Men can take much longer to decide whether to stick or twist on the kids front.

Having said that, she was a wuss in the first one and most women I know loved that, So... that can't be the inherent problem. It must just be a crap film.

silvia said:
synchronicity said:
silvia said:
synchronicity said:
silvia said:

Yes, it is, and it's a shame that society put you a label in your face when you are 35 and no boyfriend

well, to be fair to the filmakers, I think the movie makes fun of those ideas a bit. But I still feel it's poorly executed.

synchronicity said:
well, to be fair to the filmakers, I think the movie makes fun of those ideas a bit. But I still feel it's poorly executed.

I read the first book, it's ok to read in the train, I catched the film on sky few months ago and I thought it was as sad as the book and the filmakers got another NothingHIll type film.
Sorry, don't like those brit love comedies :rolleyes:

Bridgette Jones is a cloying, desperate and stupid character.

In fact everything I dislike in a woman.

The fact that one f***ing film wasn't enough to sort out the difference between two f***ing idiots says so much about how pitiful the dumb cow is.

Plus Renee Zellwegger needs a kick in the fcking fanny.

ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :twisted:

I quite liked Bridget Jones! I'm sure everyone can relate to something in the film? Come on girls, don't tell me you've never had a broken heart (allbeit, mine was in Year 8 at school), and sung along to depressing Celine Dion songs in your room whilst gorging on chocolate?

No?

Just me then :oops:

Beckiboo said:
I quite liked Bridget Jones! I'm sure everyone can relate to something in the film? Come on girls, don't tell me you've never had a broken heart (allbeit, mine was in Year 8 at school), and sung along to depressing Celine Dion songs in your room whilst gorging on chocolate?

No?

Becki, I did that depressing songs once when I was on my teens, not celine dion tho. After that, when I had broken heart I took all my depressing cd's to my mates and she kept for me till I was ok. It works ;) :lol:

Beckiboo said:

No?

Errrr no Bec :lol:

Barbie said:
Beckiboo said:

No?

Errrr no Bec :lol:

Ok let me re-phrase it for those Fem-Bots out there...

Never been so p1$$ed off with a bloke you've cracked open several bottle of Rose and smoked 40 Marlborough Lights in one sitting, whilst thinking evil thoughts in your head :?: :rolleyes:

Beckiboo said:
Ok let me re-phrase it for those Fem-Bots out there...

Never been so p1$$ed off with a bloke you've cracked open several bottle of Rose and smoked 40 Marlborough Lights in one sitting, whilst thinking evil thoughts in your head :?: :rolleyes:

Errrr no again :lol: I've never been dumped by a bloke, I always get in there first :lol:

If Tom does ever decide to bin me I shall be straight on the phone to you Bec to borrow some Greatest Love Songs CD :lol: ;)

Errrr no again :lol: I've never been dumped by a bloke, I always get in there first :lol:

If Tom does ever decide to bin me I shall be straight on the phone to you Bec to borrow some Greatest Love Songs CD :lol: ;)

Not necessarily dumped, just really funked off!

Ahhh I give up, it's true, she really does have a heart of stone :eek:

Beckiboo said:
Not necessarily dumped, just really funked off!

Ahhh I give up, it's true, she really does have a heart of stone :eek:

I don't, you know I am all pink and fluffy :lol: I just can't comprehend the idea of sitting in crying and eating chocolate over a bloke :confused:

Haven't seen the other films (i think there's two others ??) so I certainly wont be going out of my watch to watch this drivel either !

When that kind of situation is upon me i usually go for a long run, fight it out at the gym and listen to someone like alannis morrisette and big myself up as some kind of strong femminist types (sing-'im every woman' here)... i can never grasp the process of 'wallowing' in self pity like Bridget does?
And if my mate was at home doing the same id come round with the vodka rather than the chocolate and say 'put your face on lady we are going out'
And all this dieting and relapsing malarky, women who whine about being fat then eat a whole chocolate gateaux, does my head in!!
I firmly cant relate. :confused:

well big girls all-grown-up-with-holiistic-lifestyle-dont-need-no-men-and-lets-all-go-to-india-and-live-in-peace-love-and-harmony-thing-and-do-gangbangs arent my types either.

Ibiza-girlie said:
well big girls all-grown-up-with-holiistic-lifestyle-dont-need-no-men-and-lets-all-go-to-india-and-live-in-peace-love-and-harmony-thing-and-do-gangbangs arent my types either.

:?: :?: :?: :lol:

Back