Bridget - The edge of reason...

synchronicity said:
and the films "message" - that happiness comes through meeting and marrying a partner, is suspect at best, and damaging at worst.

thats pretty much the message that every British Rom Com delivers. And our society as a whole.

Holly G said:
synchronicity said:
the character is exceptionally annoying, and the scenarios are contrived and bear little relation to real life.

the gags are unfunny and are signposted so blatently that the director may as well be hitting the audience over the head with a mallet.

and the films "message" - that happiness comes through meeting and marrying a partner, is suspect at best, and damaging at worst.

Five stars from you then Sync. :lol: :lol:

I rate BJ's, Karlos..... :eek: :lol: :lol: 8)

Sorry Holly - I honestly didn't like it (OK - to be fair, there were a couple of funny lines, and Hugh Grant was quite good). I'm not being snobbish - I quite liked Notting Hill and other films of that ilk - I just wasn't feeling this one.

stuie said:
synchronicity said:

thats pretty much the message that every British Rom Com delivers. And our society as a whole.

And its wrong.

synchronicity said:
I rate BJ's, Karlos..... :eek: :lol: :lol: 8)

Sorry Holly - I honestly didn't like it (OK - to be fair, there were a couple of funny lines, and Hugh Grant was quite good). I'm not being snobbish - I quite liked Notting Hill and other films of that ilk - I just wasn't feeling this one.

No need to apologise my dear. :lol: I'm still going to see it. :D

I seem to remember you have a strict set of criteria where BJ rating is concerned (not from personal experience people. It was an early topic in the filth forum). :lol:

Barbie said:
Grr I hate Bridget Jones, stupid 30 something year old woman moaning about the lack of men in her life :rolleyes: :lol:

My nightmare woman scenario - I cant believe that people identify with someone that much of a woose.......

What's BJ? :confused:

Bridget JOnes it's an insult to womankind, as any women or girl who feels identify with her. :evil:

silvia said:

Bridget JOnes it's an insult to womankind, as any women or girl who feels identify with her. :evil:

I here it means Blow Job??

Something to do with oral sex so i'm told ;)

silvia said:

I don't understand why girls like it so much, or profess to identify with it. If I was a woman I'd be mortified with humiliation at being portrayed in this way in popular culture.

synchronicity said:
silvia said:

I don't understand why girls like it so much, or profess to identify with it. If I was a woman I'd be mortified with humiliation at being portrayed in this way in popular culture.

Sync, in a way, and depending on your circumstances, a girl can easely feel identification with her. You can't imagine the pressure on a girl when you reach your 35 and you don't have boyfriend. It's ridiculous, I know, but it's like this :eek:

Back