#Brexit

Seems we'll be leaving the single market.

I wonder how this is going to affect everything, including our travel to the EU, and all EU citizens within the UK and UK citizens within the EU...

Personally I like Theresa May but I think she's playing with fire on so many levels. No assurances whatsoever to immigrants/emigrants that they won't be used as bargaining chips. The most optimistic scenario is a series of one-off exemption deals but is the UK taxpayer going to have to subsidise more Nissans? cos every business worth its salt will be in the queue. Also will the UK really use security in negotiations? seriously? if you don't strike a business deal, we won't tell you when ISIS are next going to blow up one of your churches? and then there's the Scottish AND Irish dimension...!

keep an eye on the Gibraltar situation, the Scottish situation and the Catalan situation and how it all interconnects

it could be calamitous for all British passport holders in Spain (no matter how long you've been here)

yes, it's ridiculous

I don't think it would ever come to military action (especially between 2 NATO allies)

but it will piss the Spanish off and make a favourable outcome for expats (in UK and Spain) less likely

This whole thing is Twitter / Internet / Click-Bate at its worst and Best. Mixing satire with po-faced declarations of disasters as if we were actually on the brink of war.

Just out of interest are you expecting the UK to just hand it back?

No, of course not but I didn't expect politicians and journalists to start treating the situation like we're on the brink of another Falklands war either. If this is going to set the tone for Brexit negotiations as a whole, then we are in for a nasty ride.

No, of course not but I didn't expect politicians and journalists to start treating the situation like we're on the brink of another Falklands war either. If this is going to set the tone for Brexit negotiations as a whole, then we are in for a nasty ride.

There will be no Brexit negotiations, there can not be any with an undemocratic body like the EU. While I voted Remain at the time (purely for personal reasons), you have to except nobody can ever negotiate an exit from the EU. How can 27 countries ever agree one position? Impossible. Why would a Franco-German Empire want to give away power? The EU will do everything possible to create a position to scare the UK people to stay. The UK net contribution is £8 BILLION. They will do everything possible to wreck a deal and ensure the UK stays. So we either STAY or we just leave now.....the negotiation is just a big dog and pony show

Back