BPM Festival 2017 - yes or no?

"You close when we tell you to close and no sooner".. a cartel spokesman was heard saying...we have all this molly and no one is leaving till its all gone..

Sounds like a mass shooting at BPM, 5 already dead :(

You don't expect to go to a party and go home in a body bag, very sad for people there

The losing gang have thrown their dummy out and decided to kill the future of BPM festival for the winning gang by going on a random shooting spree

Wow - seems it's getting to be like the USA ! Hope everyone out there off the forum is OK. What a dreadful way to round off a festival. Probably money and coke behind it all. Hope they get to the bottom of what / who was behind it - no word on who the victims actually were yet apart from one security guard, so who knows right now ...

very sad we were at the subliminal party the atmosphere was very strange, there was some trouble that night between a few dealers and a guy he ended up in the street later when we left with a bloody face

3 of the 4 dead known as security. Sounds like the security guys actually prevented a possibly bigger tragedy by stopping them. Possibly known as rival gang members and stopped coming in?

A lot of locals on social media saying this was an accident waiting to happen given how open and brazen drug selling and taking was during BPM

3 of the 4 dead known as security. Sounds like the security guys actually prevented a possibly bigger tragedy by stopping them. Possibly known as rival gang members and stopped coming in?

A lot of locals on social media saying this was an accident waiting to happen given how open and brazen drug selling and taking was during BPM

It's really not that different than ibiza, but it's all in the clubs which is a bad thing because if shit does hit the fan, this is what happens instead of on a street corner.

Maybe they were heroes, I dunno. Or maybe they were the intended target? Either way, it is tragedy.

Shocking news a few lads staying in my hotel went Elrow last night come walking down limping from injurys. . .

When we got to the jungle for music on it was a very edgy place, military police with rifles rounding up a big group of mexicans wearing bandanas as a face mask so dont know whats going on there....could of had the same potential as last night.

The drug selling was very open especially at martina beach by the toilets.

Currently sitting in my hotel lobby waiting to be picked up for my flight home. Overall had a banging time at BPM!

A bouncer named Kirk that worked at the former massive Toronto club "Government" was one of the security killed in the incident. Terrible incident. Truth of the matter is it can happen anywhere anytime. Some people don't value another's life.

Coming back on the plane there was a girl who was very upset and emotionally unstable after she saw people get shot. Shocking stuff

My personal opinion, for a "festival" you cant go wrong although it certainly didnt feel like one, its well worth doing, sun in January, beach clubs, great music , and its cheap as f*** once your there .

There did seem to be an element of the vodka rich brigade creeping in as per especially at martina beach, where promoters were walking round the venue with a massive bottle of expensive vodka fitted into a spaceship (cant remember name, heads pretty fried) trying to get people to buy it.

I felt Its definatley got more of an appeal than Ibiza to most Brits who I spoke to out there. Easy to see why. . .

The jungle was great open are partying and cheap drinks the clubs were all about the money though wah wah and blue parrot had know where to sit unless you were buying a bottle the same happened at materia on the first night all tables were reserved for people buying bottles had a great time will come back to Mexico but the who bottle serves thing was very annoying the waiters in blue parrot were offering people spots on the dance floor for bottle service coming in front of us while we danced and asking people if they wanted the spot

Last edited:
The jungle was great open are partying and cheap drinks the clubs were all about the money though wah wah and blue parrot had know where to sit unless you were buying a bottle the same happened at materia on the first night all tables were reserved for people buying bottles had a great time will come back to Mexico but the who bottle serves thing was very annoying the waiters in blue parrot were offering people spots on the dance floor for bottle service coming in front of us while we danced and asking people if they wanted the spot
Jungle reminded me of benimussa park. Even though music on was packed there was still room to dance. The pricing was really good , think I paid 100 MEX for a beer, which is about £3. I know martina I got a hotdog, fries, and sauces for roughly the same price. Same price as a beer aswell 100 MEX.

If your all inclusive your quids in, if not local supermarket you can get a massive bottle of corona for 40 peso. Which is about £1.50!

Is it more of a coke fulled thing out there, or MDMA? I guess that fuels the atmosphere somewhat
Yes from my expierance alot of Coke thats all I ever got offered. Even in normal shops on 5th avenue!.

Looks like its been shutdown for good.

Back