BPM Festival 2017 - yes or no?

Fusi

Hey Guys!

Who was there and what would you say?
I've read that the clubs are totally overcrowded and you wait hours in the queue?

Clubs do get overcrowded yes, need to be aware of what you are going to in that sense. Opening weekend is typically pretty crowded and closing weekend very very crowded. I've never waited in line for more than 20 minutes with a ticket, just be smart and go earlier. I've been 3 years in a row and will be back again for sure, for me BPM is all about the daytime partying anyway, so of the best venues I've seen period for daytime events.

it'll be interesting to see how it's gonna pan out without the tulum parties don't you think?

it'll be interesting to see how it's gonna pan out without the tulum parties don't you think?

(edited) I don't see any impact. Besides the Day Zero parties there aren't any big ones in Tulum... most are pretty small ones that 99% of BPM attendees don't even know or care about or take place outside of the BPM dates.

to the OP - the 2nd weekend is the most crowded... mid-week is fine for the most part. If you get a bracelet you don't typically wait.

We are heading over for this next year how does it work if you only want to go to a few events can you get advanced tickets or is it just on the day?

You can buy single advanced tickets from December. You can also get some tickets on the day, but it was a lot busier this year than last year and I can see it being busier again next year, so would buy advance for anything deemed popular.

Last edited:
Myself and a few friends are toying with the idea of heading over and doing 10 days with a few rest days for day excursions and obvs the transfer days.

Is food and drink cheap if we wanted to get a room only as accommodation?

Again how expensive are bars and supermarkets for alcohol?

Single event tickets; what are they usually priced at?

Single events £20 - £35
Food super cheap - You can get a decent dinner for £5
Drink super cheap - Beer £1, C*cktails £2.50/£3.00, Beer and spirits in clubs £4
Decent accomodaton is pricey, but you can get a decent condo cheaper if there is a group of you.

I did notice a change in the crowd this year, more people there for the event rather than the music. Still a very decent event though and an afterparty everyday from 6am that was still going on until the afternoon most days.

I did notice a change in the crowd this year, more people there for the event rather than the music.

Sadly this was more like 50/50 this past year. While in prior years it was more like 80/20 (there for music vs event). I agree still worth it though for now, we'll how it goes this year as it is at its height of popularity and also the 10 year anniversary.

Sadly this was more like 50/50 this past year. While in prior years it was more like 80/20 (there for music vs event). I agree still worth it though for now, we'll how it goes this year as it is at its height of popularity and also the 10 year anniversary.

Would agree mate.

Will be going we are in PDC for 2 weeks and staying a small taxi ride away from BPM. but we will probabley just do the single partys. For the wristbands Plenty left to buy when i looked online last week.

Will be going we are in PDC for 2 weeks and staying a small taxi ride away from BPM. but we will probabley just do the single partys. For the wristbands Plenty left to buy when i looked online last week.

You do know the festival is across many sites in PDC? (Occasional party just outside) You can mainly walk to each party unless you are on the outskirts of PDC.

Single tickets the way to go.

You do know the festival is across many sites in PDC? (Occasional party just outside) You can mainly walk to each party unless you are on the outskirts of PDC.

Single tickets the way to go.
Yeah, we are at hotel Riu Tequila which is in the middle of everything and real nice judging by the reviews , also its far away enough to get some sleep

Yeah, we are at hotel Riu Tequila which is in the middle of everything and real nice judging by the reviews , also its far away enough to get some sleep

I know the place, very nice. It is in Playa Car though and not Playa Del Carmen. It is like a gated community on the outskirts. It looks close on the map but think you need to take a taxi right round to get to PDC.

We are staying at the Riu yucatan I'm not sure if you can walk it along the beach you would definitely want a taxi to get into the Center if you can't walk the beach taxis are cheap enough

T
I know the place, very nice. It is in Playa Car though and not Playa Del Carmen. It is like a gated community on the outskirts. It looks close on the map but think you need to take a taxi right round to get to PDC.
Thanks! Looking forward to it

Where did you get the DIYNAMIC date from?
14714996_10157477281480417_5157410736032593768_o.png.jpg

Back