BPM Festival 2016 8th - 17th January 2016

I was back last night for This is the End with Jamie Jones, comfortable with room to dance. Great night, really liked Lauren Lane.

Lauren Lane was an absolute standout at the Yaah Muul party on the first Saturday in the jungle, she was right before Apollonia and honestly her set was miles above theirs even in my opinion. One of my surprise favorites of the week.

I also spoke to someone randomly who was dancing beside me and he said 'are you that guy from Ibiza Spotlight?' Freaked me out, reveal yourself.

And this is just hilarious...I tried to find you at Maeve unsuccessfully but also randomly looking for a Scottish guy after i had been banged up partying for 4 days already, well you can imagine how that would probably go, haha

Playa del Carmen and Tulum do not hold consistent parties outside of BPM. But for a honeymoon I would definitely recommend both. Tulum is a little bit more romantic and you can't really beat having lunch at Papaya Playa Project or anywhere on that strip.

Thanx for tips :)

Lauren Lane was an absolute standout at the Yaah Muul party on the first Saturday in the jungle, she was right before Apollonia and honestly her set was miles above theirs even in my opinion. One of my surprise favorites of the week.

And this is just hilarious...I tried to find you at Maeve unsuccessfully but also randomly looking for a Scottish guy after i had been banged up partying for 4 days already, well you can imagine how that would probably go, haha

Glad you also enjoyed Lauren Lane, all our group really enjoyed her set. If anyone has any mixes?

Yes, finding anyone was always going to be a problem the state you tend to get in ;)

Off to Tulum today to recover.

Kinda jealous here.:) Looking forward to your photos dirk.
What's the fondue like there this year.? Everyone still rolling on molly&mandys bath salts.

When do they announce the date for 2017? It should be 6th January - 16th January? Right?

I also spoke to someone randomly who was dancing beside me and he said 'are you that guy from Ibiza Spotlight?' Freaked me out, reveal yourself.

wasn't me! though I was at that party. agreed too full... had the same problem at Luciano at Blue Parrot.

Fav sets for me were Solomun in the jungle and Martina and Pete Tong at his party.

Actually kept it a bit more chill this year... the rain prob had a lot to do with that.

Well, just finally got my phone replaced. Someone stole it right out of my pocket at techno taco's. Smh. I feel like I have "rob me" tatted on my forehead or somethimg, because getting robbed on vacation should never be a habit

Ended up helping some of the cartel count their cash at a caravan up at the jungle party. They asked if I wanted anyone killed to return the favour, which I thought was a really nice thing to ask considering we had just met that day.

On a side note, stumbled across a party after a long walk along the beach the other day at Pablo Escobar's old holiday villa. wAFF was playing, not sure who else. Attended by a lot of people who looked like they had stepped out of the Zoolander set.

First time at BPM and loved it. Was over with a 16 month boy old so only managed a few parties, but it was amazing none the less.

Enter at the Blue Parrot was probably the highlight for me. I didn't find it too busy as some commented above for events at the Blue Parrot - but if they did away with the VIP tables right at the side of the dance floor that would free up a bit of space. For me VIP doesn't belong in a club anyway, at least not right next to the dance floor but that's another debate all together.

Elrow at Wah Wah was also quality. They just know how to throw an amazing party, the atmosphere was great the whole night. It did start to rain early evening which meant that everyone who was outside moved under cover. It did make it quite busy but not uncomfortably so.

Took the boy to the beach for two parties at Martina, Solomon + 1 and the closing. Obviously couldn't go into the party but bought a carry out, a cool box and got some loungers right next to it.

Re the Cartel presence - it amazed me how brazen they were in the Blue Parrot - no attempt to hide what was going on at all.

Will defo be back.

LOL that was me! Very amusing seeing your brain trying to work out wtf was going on.

And remind me again how you worked out who I was?? Last day in Tulum today, hope you and your crew enjoyed the rest of your time.

On a side, 24hr clubbing if you want it. A new off BPM beach after party in Playa and I passed it a few times still going strong at 10/11 in the morning, the day parties then start at 2pm. Open air and how Ibiza used to be, won't be like this for long I can imagine. f***in love it.

I remember the Off partys in Miami for the winter music conference when that was good in the mid to late 90s.. Harvey playing in Dennys one year was a blast. .

Back