BPM Festival 2016 8th - 17th January 2016

On a side, 24hr clubbing if you want it. A new off BPM beach after party in Playa and I passed it a few times still going strong at 10/11 in the morning, the day parties then start at 2pm. Open air and how Ibiza used to be, won't be like this for long I can imagine. f***in love it.

It's only a week long thing so the town and locals tolerate is much more. The festival is heavily supported by locals, businesses and cartels. I don't think anything is changing much anytime soon really....it has been like this for almost 10 years. But as things get bigger, more rules seem to spring up.

And remind me again how you worked out who I was?? Last day in Tulum today, hope you and your crew enjoyed the rest of your time.

You had mentioned on here that you had 3/4 sleeve tattoos and were Scottish. So when you started chatting to 1 of my mates at Martina I just remembered and put it to ya lol.

1st time at BPM and it was amazing. Done 10 parties in 3 days and then chilled in Tulum for 4 days after.
All the venues were amazing, especially for the day parties & the Jungle. Only went Blue Parrot once for Sci-tec but was far too busy so left and went to the Jungle.
Apollonia at Canibal and then Apollonia & Martinez Bros for the closings were probably the 2 stand outs for me.

27/4 partying and being able to come/go different parties was so refreshing compared to Ibiza.

Roll on 2017

It's only a week long thing so the town and locals tolerate is much more. The festival is heavily supported by locals, businesses and cartels. I don't think anything is changing much anytime soon really....it has been like this for almost 10 years. But as things get bigger, more rules seem to spring up.

One thing I did notice was more 'tourists' this year. People there who quite clearly didn't have a clue who the DJs were and a few who looked like they thought they were at an EDM festival. Defo a few more wallopers that they will need to try and manage so it isn't spoiled.

One thing I did notice was more 'tourists' this year. People there who quite clearly didn't have a clue who the DJs were and a few who looked like they thought they were at an EDM festival. Defo a few more wallopers that they will need to try and manage so it isn't spoiled.

I've never been myself, but have a few friends who have been going for years and their feedback about this year's edition was synonymous: crowd gets worse every year and the good parties are the off-bpm ones only.

that said, I'm sure tulum is great and there are lots of places you can visit in the area. mix that up with a party or two and you have a great holiday. but as with ibiza, it's not cheap and you want to avoid pdb respectively pcm...

I've never been myself, but have a few friends who have been going for years and their feedback about this year's edition was synonymous: crowd gets worse every year and the good parties are the off-bpm ones only.

that said, I'm sure tulum is great and there are lots of places you can visit in the area. mix that up with a party or two and you have a great holiday. but as with ibiza, it's not cheap and you want to avoid pdb respectively pcm...

£2 for a bottle of water, £3 for a beer and £4 for a double and Coke in the clubs.

In a bar in PDC we were getting a decent Tequila, 2 strong cocktails and 2 beers for under a tenner.

You can have a cracking meal for two including drinks for £15.

PDC does what it says on the tin, would rather spend a week there than a day in PDB to be honest, so wouldn't compare it. Clubs all in walking distance (apart from the jungle) and a right mixture of people.

Expensive to get to Mexico, but once here as cheap as you want it to be and I don't feel like I am getting shafted.

First time at BPM and loved it. Was over with a 16 month boy old so only managed a few parties, but it was amazing none the less.

Enter at the Blue Parrot was probably the highlight for me. I didn't find it too busy as some commented above for events at the Blue Parrot - but if they did away with the VIP tables right at the side of the dance floor that would free up a bit of space. For me VIP doesn't belong in a club anyway, at least not right next to the dance floor but that's another debate all together.

Elrow at Wah Wah was also quality. They just know how to throw an amazing party, the atmosphere was great the whole night. It did start to rain early evening which meant that everyone who was outside moved under cover. It did make it quite busy but not uncomfortably so.

Took the boy to the beach for two parties at Martina, Solomon + 1 and the closing. Obviously couldn't go into the party but bought a carry out, a cool box and got some loungers right next to it.

Re the Cartel presence - it amazed me how brazen they were in the Blue Parrot - no attempt to hide what was going on at all.

Will defo be back.
As far as the vip goes, although I also agree it doesn't belong in clubs at all, I think blue parrot wasn't nearly as bad with vip as a lot of places I've partied, Miami being the worst offender.. And the cartel, yes that's what I'm
Talking about... Selling pills and counting coke bags at music on literally right in front of anybody without a care in the world. Needless to say the right people are paid off... But another thing I lived about Bpm was the exchange rate, at least for the American dollar, but I also saw it was favorable for the pound and euro, it looked to me anyway. I have never in my life paid 4$ for a mojoto on my life. I drank a lot more than I usuallly would though, which probably led to some bad decisions, but luckily everything worked out. Can't wait for next year

And remind me again how you worked out who I was?? Last day in Tulum today, hope you and your crew enjoyed the rest of your time.
I wish I'd known to go to Tulum. Looks amazing. Next year 100%. Would have called you for a drink mate, but phone got jacked. Glad to see you enjoyed yourself

For those who went to Tulum parties, how were they? I had a friend go and he said it was a bit too low key for him, but had nice vibes. Also said it was not fun the trip back and forth from PDC was not fun.

On a side, 24hr clubbing if you want it. A new off BPM beach after party in Playa and I passed it a few times still going strong at 10/11 in the morning, the day parties then start at 2pm. Open air and how Ibiza used to be, won't be like this for long I can imagine. f***in love it.

Where was the after party in PDC? One of the only disappointments about Enter was the fact it stopped more or less at 6am on the dot. I've heard that most other parties continued for a good while after they were meant to close.

Where was the after party in PDC? One of the only disappointments about Enter was the fact it stopped more or less at 6am on the dot. I've heard that most other parties continued for a good while after they were meant to close.

Syncopate Breakfast Club Afterparty present: After at Playa Paraiso Playa del Carmen

What a way to start 2016!!

We'll be dancing at the sunrise on the beach, for 10 days straight of after party with the music of global talents, Djs and Producers.

SYNCOPATE breakfast club AFTERPARTY is glad to announce 10 days of after hours party in a wonderful location right on the beach overlooking the turquoise Caribbean sea in Playa Del Carmen, Riviera Maya.

We welcome all the dance music enthusiasts that wanna share this amazing experience with us!

How do you go about getting tickets/pass outs for next year? And whats the price range. Will be looking to try this out with the gf. Also was the weather sound?

Last edited:
How do you go about getting tickets/pass outs for next year? And whats the price range. Will be looking to try this out with the gf. Also was the weather sound?

Roughly £600 for a 10 day pass and £300 for a weekend pass. They are normally released a few months before. I don't bother and just buy single tickets for any party I want to go to, £20 to £40 a ticket. You can also buy these in advance or get some on the day at the door.

Weather averages 28, although a couple of cooler days this year compared to last which they said was due to El Niño and the bad weather in New Yoek etc. Also more rain this year, although never had my shorts,T shirt and flip flops off the whole time.

Thanks for replies. Yeah was doing my research Was looking at the weekend passes. Do 3 days come and go as we please and head back to the hotel for grub if we get hungry etc, and chill for the next 10 days.

They said on some reviews buying the tickets the security was more stricter and que's can be long also the chance of it selling out? Plus passes you dont require que jump and guranteed entry?

We was looking to stay at rio tequila all packaged with Thompson coming at £2,300 atm.

Will i have to register for pre sale on the passes/tickets or just hope for the best when they go on sale?

They have early bird, just register for updates and they will tell you when on sale. If you think you will get your money's worth, go for the pass. Yes, you can also go in and out which is the added bonus

At my age (and doing things properly) I can wipe out two days with one good party, so the most I can do at BPM is three or four in a week. You then have off parties that you would have to pay extra for.

Also worth going to Day Zero the first weekend. We have missed it twice but everyone has said it is the best thing they have ever been to.

I have browsed there website but its still got 2016 stuff on. Im guessing just follow on facebook and subsribe for updates that way?

They have early bird, just register for updates and they will tell you when on sale. If you think you will get your money's worth, go for the pass. Yes, you can also go in and out which is the added bonus

At my age (and doing things properly) I can wipe out two days with one good party,

Only the two?

Syncopate Breakfast Club Afterparty present: After at Playa Paraiso Playa del Carmen

What a way to start 2016!!

We'll be dancing at the sunrise on the beach, for 10 days straight of after party with the music of global talents, Djs and Producers.

SYNCOPATE breakfast club AFTERPARTY is glad to announce 10 days of after hours party in a wonderful location right on the beach overlooking the turquoise Caribbean sea in Playa Del Carmen, Riviera Maya.

We welcome all the dance music enthusiasts that wanna share this amazing experience with us!

Sounds ideal. On reflection, it's probably just as well I didn't know it was on - there could have been a d.i.v.o.r.c.e on the cards.

Back