BPM Festival 2016 8th - 17th January 2016

Does anyone happen to know why they cancelled circo loco? I was waiting and waiting for the lineup and it never came, and someone said it was cancelled

Is this a good sign that Dennis Ferrer will be an INSANE resident this coming summer........

CXzgWd0W8AEOTsj.png:large

Does anyone happen to know why they cancelled circo loco? I was waiting and waiting for the lineup and it never came, and someone said it was cancelled

Supposedly BPM relies on promoters a little more heavily for organizing their events and there seemed to be a lot of confusion this year. A lot of parties being announced very late (as late as last week with BPM being less than 2 weeks away at the time. If you look at the Saturday Ya'ah Muul party, it looks like that was what would have been a lot of the Circo lineup (Apollonia, Martinez, few others) so it looks like BPM just made the best of it and made it their own party

Supposedly BPM relies on promoters a little more heavily for organizing their events and there seemed to be a lot of confusion this year. A lot of parties being announced very late (as late as last week with BPM being less than 2 weeks away at the time. If you look at the Saturday Ya'ah Muul party, it looks like that was what would have been a lot of the Circo lineup (Apollonia, Martinez, few others) so it looks like BPM just made the best of it and made it their own party
Yea that makes a lot of sense. Thanks I've been trying to get an answer on that for a week now. That looks like a good party, however I wish they weren't keeping the details such a secret about where the hell this "jungle" is, and how I'm supposed to get there. Oh well guess I'll have to wait and see. but thank you Chris

Is this a good sign that Dennis Ferrer will be an INSANE resident this coming summer........
So I know its still early, but I've done some playing around with numbers and after giving it some thought going to try out the opening weekend plus a few days this year versus the closing as I did last year. Will be going from Friday January 8 - Wednesday January 13. Thinking i will most likely just pick out individual parties as i think $350 is a little high for opening wristband. Definitely up to arrange some meetups with anyone out there during that time span!
if you wanna meet up for some drinks or something lemme know. I'll be with a few friends from Ibiza, more the merrier

Have booked for Diynamic at the Jungle and Solomun + Mano Le Tough day party. Can't make my mind up about what else, got a good few I fancy but depends how full on I go on the ones I have planned. Happy to go with the flow and at least I have a list of other parties I fancy.

Normally drink in Caiman Bar off fifth if anyone is about for an afters or before. Introduce yourself if you meet a Scottish guy with 3/4 black and red Japanese sleeves and shaved head!

Have booked for Diynamic at the Jungle and Solomun + Mano Le Tough day party. Can't make my mind up about what else, got a good few I fancy but depends how full on I go on the ones I have planned. Happy to go with the flow and at least I have a list of other parties I fancy.

Normally drink in Caiman Bar off fifth if anyone is about for an afters or before. Introduce yourself if you meet a Scottish guy with 3/4 black and red Japanese sleeves and shaved head!
I'll be on the lookout for you mate. I bought a pass for the first weekend, so I'll be all over the place, but I'm thinking either insane or warung vs super friends or insane for the first day, and ants at night. Def yah muul Saturday. Probably music on Sunday, but I'm gonna play it by ear I think

They give the promoters a certain amount of $ for each party and carte blanche to do as they wish in terms of who they book, how much they pay them, etc. Which is not always a good thing as sometimes the promoters take a while to get their act together as seen this year by some of the late announcements.

Which is not always a good thing as sometimes the promoters take a while to get their act together as seen this year by some of the late announcements.

I like the laissez faire attitude about BPM, but it did backfire a little this year as you mention since it seemed some of the parties were scrambling to get their shit together. Some examples include announcing Circo Loco, Dubfire Live Hybrid and of course (seemingly every year) Ellum, none of which happened. Also seemed that Luciano's party was a little bit thrown together last minute. All in all, still quality, and a great break from the cold rolling into new York. Do appreciate the info as i only speak from what i hear and experience.

Ellum tix for Tulum are 100$ haha. Lmao I love maceo, but no. Honestly I have nothing to complain about, the lineups are great. Ya'ah muul lineup is comparable to any closing party, and your right Chris, it's freezing up north right now. Can't wait till thurs. see you guys there. Hmu if you wanna meet up

yeah some stuff got announced late but i'm totally fine with the parties the days i'm there (Tues-Sat).

yeah some stuff got announced late but i'm totally fine with the parties the days i'm there (Tues-Sat).

Originally i had planned to come back this year for the closing weekend, but honestly i am glad it didn't work out. I prefer the parties for opening weekend this year to closing and will be there from Friday - Wednesday. I also figure it will be a little less hectic and still catch some good music.

Not at all. Was very intoxicated and mistook the front of my hotel for a toilet. Turns out it wasn't a toilet after all. Anyway they put me in the cop car and said they were taking me to jail, so I asked if I could pay them off. They said yes, so I went to pull whatever bill I could out of my wallet, and that's when he grabbed my wallet and took it all. My second day in Mexico too, ha. Luckily my dad wired me some cash so I cold survive, but it wasn't pleasant. So public urination is a bid no no, take it from me

Back