Books about Ibiza?

Received my copy yesterday. Skimming through it's loosely chronological. A series of interviews (structured by quotes) with all the major players, including a one-time leading forum member! They conducted nearly 80 interviews across about 600 pages with some great pictures. Looks like a few people including Tong, Solomun and the Manumission lot declined to be interviewed though for various reasons. Sven too, although Johannes spoke on behalf of Cocoon. The authors said on instag that they're hoping to get an English lang edition out so keep an eye out for that.

NakedAge or @JEddieEcstasy?

El Periodico ran a double spread on 'Balearic'

Attachments

• 124828537_10158986512744136_1089260558050593632_n.jpg
    124828537_10158986512744136_1089260558050593632_n.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 9
'Balearic'
Interesting interview with the authors, especially the bit about the Ushuaïa/Hï peeps refusing to appear in it...

Interesting interview with the authors, especially the bit about the Ushuaïa/Hï peeps refusing to appear...

^ really good interview, thanks for that. I got to know Luis a bit over the last year. Nice guy. His DJ sets are very inspired by the darker side of the 80s, early Depeche Mode, Human League etc.

I've also ordered another book more about the mainland Spanish music scene, which I'm looking forward to >

^ really good interview, thanks for that. I got to know Luis a bit over the last year. Nice guy. His DJ sets are very inspired by the darker side of the 80s, early Depeche Mode, Human League etc.

Got a soundcloud link?

one thing the book has done is that it has firmly buried the myth that those 4 Brits somehow 'invented' IBZ in 1987. The stuff about how Oakenfold shamelessly ripped off the original Ibiza DJs is even more shocking than I previously thought.

CDM come over pretty badly/cutthroat too... the moral of the story is always patent your name/brand before somebody else does...

one thing the book has done is that it has firmly buried the myth that those 4 Brits somehow 'invented' IBZ in 1987. The stuff about how Oakenfold shamelessly ripped off the original Ibiza DJs is even more shocking than I previously thought.

CDM come over pretty badly/cutthroat too... the moral of the story is always patent your name/brand before somebody else does...

I wrote this

"I detected a residue of lingering bitterness (particularly from de Melero) about the way the music of the time was pilfered, copied or repackaged for an ‘anglo’ audience"

César de Melero is great. I always love reading interviews with him, straight and to the point. The whole "Brits invented Ibiza" is bullshit. One of those lies that after repeating so many times some people ended up believing, like when they talk about Gala Night being an old abandoned Zoo, etc. You shouldn't read DJ Mag, kids!

The 'Balearic' writers did a little book promo here at a bar this evening with audio/visuals which was great fun. Some hilarious footage. Sven doing an incredible acrobatic somersault with luciano in an outdoor dj booth (?) and guetta playing to a good crowd at space in the 90s!. Pix too big to upload off phone sadly

The 'Balearic' writers did a little book promo here at a bar this evening with audio/visuals which was great fun. Some hilarious footage. Sven doing an incredible acrobatic somersault with luciano in an outdoor dj booth (?) and guetta playing to a good crowd at space in the 90s!. Pix too big to upload off phone sadly

found it !

were any of you there? (2009)

this was the guetta clip they showed. space late 90s. pre-fmif. feels like a world away from what he later became.

I'd said it previously, he was still a decent DJ in the early 2000s. we love used to book him once per season and he rocked space. of course it wasn't 'underground', but it was very credible - and the man can mix.

Back