Books about Ibiza?

A bit miffed neither Contra nor White Rabbit ever responded to my pitch (so rude!) but never mind... shame as I think I could have done a good job there. any idea who they did get in? my guess is someone inhouse. Most of the later interviews were already archived in English so it shouldn't take too long.

We may be in for a conical surprise.

it's still a terrible/unreliable professional tool otherwise a lot of people would go out of business! My gf does a lot of freelancing which involves a fair amount of editing and the amount of crap she gets sent from China, the Middle East and elsewhere, basically run through Google first. Often shady parties plagiarising text and wanting someone else to cover their tracks

I got three tracks from “that” album, thanks for the heads up. Wondering if the same ones stood out the same to you?
View attachment 13062

I didn't know about your shortlist but I also marked these, plus two tracks that came after. 16 -> 20 is where the sweet spot is.

No Estas was also featured on the italo-disco compilation Profondo Nero earlier this year btw. Busy times for half-buried synth pop formations.

Musically not a stand-out (when thinking of contemporaneous releases on Spacetalk or Malaguenas 2), but it was very much a sure thing this would sell like pancakes.

If anyone wants to get his copy of the manumission motel book the website is "open now". It is a pre-sale / crowdfunding and it starts at £25.
Manumission

was just thinking... how about a forum 20th anniversary compendium of all the best posts/photos, perhaps a few fave charts (tunes, restaurants, gigs, beaches..) polling the whole community? And packaged as a glossy coffee table book. There probably are high resolution pictures people could send in which you could then copyright with a credit & then maybe integrate with quoted excerpts (in different languages). It probably wouldn't require that much additional writing, maybe a foreword from some local big fish? Could be a money spinner if it was marketed with wider reach, rather than as a more restrictive forum project, perhaps as a historical 21st century piece charting how the island has evolved, without editorialising/judging too much.

Back