Books about Ibiza?

I'd said it previously, he was still a decent DJ in the early 2000s. we love used to book him once per season and he rocked space. of course it wasn't 'underground', but it was very credible - and the man can mix.
Very true. I had a chance to be at one of his Space set and I conquer that. I think he’s (was) trying to regain some of tha reputation with his Jack Back moniker in recent years but I haven’t really heard much of it so I can’t really say if he’s recapturing those glory days.

Very true. I had a chance to be at one of his Space set and I conquer that. I think he’s (was) trying to regain some of tha reputation with his Jack Back moniker in recent years but I haven’t really heard much of it so I can’t really say if he’s recapturing those glory days.

I blame that EGG record. It inadvertently changed the course of history :lol:

tbh I don't think there's any real need for Guetta to try and claw back cool points. The world he used to be part of no longer really exists.

I was hoping for that last year when it was announced that on his FMIF nights he'd do a set in the Club Room as "Jack Back" and a "normal" set with his hits in the Theatre.

Think it only lasted a couple of weeks before he'd only do his main sets.

Don't know if it actually didn't work (i.e. crowd didn't like it) or if he just couldn't be bothered with it after a couple of weeks seeing as the night was rammed either way...

Hi all, apologies if this is covered elsewhere. But I am looking to locate an english hardback version of the Ibiza Blakstad Houses books. Any ideas would be appreciated as can't see it available online. Thanks so much.

I went a bit crazy and ordered a load of books last night including the Robert Fear one! :)

I read it on Kindle a while ago, (suggested read after I finished another Kindle book - Chilling Out in Ibiza - by staying the winter, Don C Andrews) , when I started reading i was a bit snobby like, oh, don't think this book is for me, but actually found it quite enjoyable, just a nice snapshot of some dude's halcyon years, as opposed to being an amazing book about ibiza, although its easy to picture the places he is talking about even if he has changed the names of bars etc.

The other one by Don C Andrews, is a bit more interesting in terms of the history of the island, some of its real people and the origins of the Morna Valley school.

for balearo-nerds and forum Spanish speakers, a new book is coming out in the summer (published by Contra). I got to know Luis recently. Great DJ, anglophile & a writer with a lot of knowledge. I've no idea if it will get translated, I'm afraid.

Keeping my hopes up 🤞

1633946338685.png

Back