Age Differences..

Awww that's so sweet Mambo .. thanks ;) ... Just add a year on and then a good few months ! :D

i usually gravitate towards older guys...i find they're usually more respectful, less headstrong, past the BS and dumb drama that usually comes with dating a boy...

last guy i dated was 34 (i was 20), and the guy before that was 25 (i was 19)...i'm dating a guy that's my age for the first time right now, and boy, can i ever tell the difference...problems galore, and a lot of it feels just like he's too immature (hate to sound snobby but it really does feel that way)...

Ain't nuttin but a number.

I'm 29, current Mrs B has just turned 20. 19 when I met her, but as mature for her age as am (sometimes) immature. Would have to admit that certain 19 yr olds would have been to young, but its all about the person, not the number.

the age gap isn't a problem but the age is.....

Sorry to be controversial but if your looking for something long term anyone less than 21 is a bit of a waste of time.... I don't think you actually have much of an idea of what you want out of life until you;ve seen a bit of it first.... Just my opinion mind you!!

S4racen said:
the age gap isn't a problem but the age is.....

Sorry to be controversial but if your looking for something long term anyone less than 21 is a bit of a waste of time.... I don't think you actually have much of an idea of what you want out of life until you;ve seen a bit of it first.... Just my opinion mind you!!

See what you're saying but using '21' denies the fact there are 28 yr old men/women who are completely immature and 20 yr olds who have lived a lot more life than some older folk.

The 27 yr old ex Mrs B moved straight from her mum's into mine at 22 and when we split she still had acquired very little in the way of independence, life skills etc.

Conversely, the current Mrs B, left Holland at 15 to live in South Africa, has also lived in both Canada and France, speaks 6 languages and is completely her own woman.

Its just so much more than Maths :!:

It is but if you work on a basis that someone is usually settled by the age of 24 then 21 would represent about 1 and a half standard deviations from the mean.... They're are always going to be exceptions or outliers if placed on a box plot....

At the end of the day you have to set some tolerance limits to reduce the downtime in between sampling!!

Sorry did you say it didn't have anything to do with maths?

I'm 24 and my man is 34. We've been together 2 years. The past 6months haven't been great cos all I want to do is go travelling and he's been and done that. However I don't think I could go out with someone my own age. I don't think age matters as long as you are happy.

I'm 18 and a few month ago was with a girl at work who was 28. It's kinda every young lads dream as he grows up to be with an older woman, or atleast to experience it. However, it was no good. She was beautiful, had a lovely figure and was a great lass, but somehow i felt like it wasn't right and finished it. I want to live my life before i settle down and stuff. She has a 9 year old daughter too and that made it worse. I have only had one girlfriend my age and preferred to be with someone i could relate to with a bit more. For example, someone at uni whereby they'd understand the crack as they are experiencing the same thing, if you catch me drift! Maybe i was the one not mature enough to continue in the relationship and i dont have a problem with that.
I think every relationship is unique to its own and should be treated in that way. If you think you get on with your partner and understand each others needs and beliefs then i dont see why age should matter, just on my one occasion with age differences i felt it didnt work for me.

Throught the summer, i was seeing an older girl. I was 19 when i met her, she was 23. Was fine at first but it got a bit weird.

She was the manager of an insurance company, and if i wasnt driving she'd come pick me up in her BMW. If i had time off at uni to, we'd go for lunch....she'd be wearing her work suit, and i had just jeans etc on. Just didnt feel right

I apologise for "under 21 isn't worth it" that comment weas totally out of order and not like me at all....

However it's interesting to note that my evening class entitled "How to be a bastard.... Nice guys finish last!" is starting to show results!

nikki_406 said:
coz i am i hate guys over da age o 23

:( OH that means YOU wont LIKE me cos im 54 :cry: bit of a silly remark me thinks , :oops: u dont even know me . Now if u were 2 say i wouldnt go out with an older person thats fine but 2say u hate them would seem a bit unfair dont YOU think :idea: :p

S4racen said:
It is but if you work on a basis that someone is usually settled by the age of 24 then 21 would represent about 1 and a half standard deviations from the mean.... They're are always going to be exceptions or outliers if placed on a box plot....

At the end of the day you have to set some tolerance limits to reduce the downtime in between sampling!!

Sorry did you say it didn't have anything to do with maths?

I did............but I wish I hadn't mentioned it! ;) ;) :p

Sorry just passed my green belt exam at work.... for anyone that recognises the word "Minitab" you'll know just how much i'm sick of statistics right now!!

Hmm..... as i have said before age is just a number. My boyfriend is 15 years younger than me. Sometimes when we go out i can see people look at us, because 15 years is a visable age difference. But when we are together it just feels so right. We have been going out for many months now, and still going strong. He is just another living soul in the desert. Stranger things have worked and more obvious things have not. 8)

Buckley said:
Ain't nuttin but a number.

I'm 29, current Mrs B has just turned 20. 19 when I met her, but as mature for her age as am (sometimes) immature. Would have to admit that certain 19 yr olds would have been to young, but its all about the person, not the number.
The current and I still are going.

Anyone on this thread decided that age is a problem after all and split up?

Back