Afterlife 2019

I was in two minds whether to go because of this feedback, now I can't go to ibiza as couldn't get days off work....but I am actually not that bothered....i went twice last year and hated it

Would much prefer an ‘up for it crowd’ as opposed to a ‘social media crowd’ previously experienced in Hi. Musically the reviews on here suggest that it’s not great, as are videos I’ve watched of TOU over the summer. I’m sure Sven will have the place rocking in late August though.

I have to step in and defend last night here. First time iv seen Tale Of Us so can only speak for them musically last night, and we all loved it. That new Malandra Jr - Venezia tune they played has become the song of our holiday after Solomun also played it. I suspect if Solomun had played that set some of the crap iv read on here wouldnt be being said. Yes the crowd isnt the best, but for me its all about go he music and for Hi, the production. And both were first class

Last edited:
I have to step in and defend last night here. First time iv seen Tale Of Us so can only speak for them musically last night, and we all loved it. That new Malandra Jr - Venezia tune they played has become the song of our holiday after Solomun also played it. I suspect if Solomun had played that set some of the crap iv read on here wouldnt be being said. Yes the crowd isnt the best, but for me its all about go he music and for Hi, the production. And both were first class
Afterlife was my favorite night the last two years but the drop off in music quality this time was frighting. They had a strong start, with some of their go to IDs that have been working well lately from the likes of Colyn and Stephan Jolk, there was a decent tempo and flow, I was thinking surely the criticism might be excessive and unwarranted it but then started to turn once the vocals began. The prime offenders here that I can pinpoint to a name are:
Rafael Cerato & Jäger - Every You, Kosheen - Hide U (Chicola Remix), This Mortal Coil - Song To The Siren (What If Remix) and whatever that abomination of a final track was supposed to be. Sure they have played out similar stuff that has worked in the past but none of these went over well and really took me out of the party, with just one poor track after another. The last hour was particularly painful. This was your first exposure to them, but I assure you they're always certainly miles better than this. The crowd you can forgive if the music is on point (and usually it is) but last night I just don't feel it was.

I’m sure Sven will have the place rocking in late August though.

You’d hope! This one is a gamble for a lot of people. Obviously with Sven there, we want to go. Do we give Afterlife one last chance? The only way through is probably with a big group, get towards the front, block out the entire crowd and hope that Sven plays a main room set that scares the socks off most of the room.

Ive got 2 Thursdays in September and still undecided whether to go to this, nothing else really appeals. Im hoping the fact theres nothing listed at Ushuaia before Afterlife could help with the crowd that attends. Honestly dont know though

Ive got 2 Thursdays in September and still undecided whether to go to this, nothing else really appeals. Im hoping the fact theres nothing listed at Ushuaia before Afterlife could help with the crowd that attends. Honestly dont know though
Maybe they do their charity party again? That was a Thursday (13th Sept) last year if I recall correctly. Pretty good line-up too

Maybe they do their charity party again? That was a Thursday last year if I recall correctly. Pretty good line-up too
Something like that would be quality. Really like the lineup for 12th of Sept for Afterlife too.

Just googled the lineup for that charity party and like you said it was pretty decent.

Are they even doing another charity party?

I have Afterlife dates Sept 5th and 12th and between the both, 12th looks the best but I'll probably both cuz if I wanna see ToU properly 5th is my only shot since I'm okay to see them over Ameile Lens then whereas the 12th I wanna see Maceo

5th September, theres nothing on at ushuaia that day before afterlife. From what people say, is that a good thing then - meaning theres a better type of crowd?

5th September, theres nothing on at ushuaia that day before afterlife. From what people say, is that a good thing then - meaning theres a better type of crowd?

It's only speculation that maybe the less engaged crowd might have something to do with Martin Garrix being over the crowd beforehand. Maybe that plays a factor or maybe it doesn't? But it's certainly true that lots of people who start their night in Ushuaïa end up in Hï afterwards - as is the strategy of the business.

One thing that will surely prove positive, is that in September the demographic on island visitors changes.

I wonder if they'll let me put a Green Bay Packers jersey on the hanging body, as the NFL opener is on the same time, with Packers vs. bears...

Back