Afterlife 2019

Feels like we are all still having the same dilemma with Afterlife as last season. Is anyone going and having the time of their life? I have yet to speak to anyone that says "best night of the holiday". Surely some people must love this night? Are there a new generation of kids discovering this music? I hope so! And I hope it's just us older timers that are not feeling it at Hi.

It may sound weird, but i think Tale of Us plays more cheesy at Afterlife events, and at non-Afterlife events they play a bit harder, with more tempo, like the Tale of Us i really loved. But maybe thats me.

@ziyanettin Not sure I would use "cheesey", but I'm inclined to agree with you that my experience is they play better away from their own event.

It may sound weird, but i think Tale of Us plays more cheesy at Afterlife events, and at non-Afterlife events they play a bit harder, with more tempo, like the Tale of Us i really loved. But maybe thats me.
Rehashed Trance bangers one reviewer wrote..

@ziyanettin Not sure I would use "cheesey", but I'm inclined to agree with you that my experience is they play better away from their own event.
I think the problem is with ToU and Afterlife that in Ibiza they know that 90% of that crowd will only be going to 1 afterlife event at hi so they feel they have to play there "main" tracks every night. I haven't been so could be well off the mark but get a sense it could get very samey if you was going every week! Can imagine tonight at Cocoon they will have a completely different set of tracks to bang out

I think the problem is with ToU and Afterlife that in Ibiza they know that 90% of that crowd will only be going to 1 afterlife event at hi so they feel they have to play there "main" tracks every night. I haven't been so could be well off the mark but get a sense it could get very samey if you was going every week! Can imagine tonight at Cocoon they will have a completely different set of tracks to bang out

Think you could probably say similar for most season long residencies though. Doubt there’s many DJs who could fill 10 weeks + with different, and good, tunes every week that still live up to what people are expecting to hear from them.

Think you could probably say similar for most season long residencies though. Doubt there’s many DJs who could fill 10 weeks + with different, and good, tunes every week that still live up to what people are expecting to hear from them.
Fair point!

I will do...Yes all booked might as well goingI have mind against, (looking forward to that but will try and have low expectations so not be disappointed..) I also have Dixon, not bothered about seeing TOU
Excellent. I saw tou last year warming up for Sven. That is probably them at their best, playing a peak time set warm up for someone else! I’m a big progressive fan and their style is as close to that as I will probably hear again. Things have changed a bit for them in the last year and my days are long gone of listening to the likes of tou meandering around for three or four hours to hear one tune at the end. Flippin boring. Enjoy Dixon.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is actually quite sad, their closing set at Life and Death ADE 2015 is still probably one of the best sets i have ever heard in my life, the one you would never forget in your life. And now i don't even bother to go to Afterlife at Ibiza.

Their label puts out a lot of great stuff. And last year's afterlife was one of the best nights I had but that wasnt due to them. FJAAK, Aurora Halal and Dettmann did it for me. I saw ToU in the last hour and they played their predicable tracks (blade runner rmx, Nothing Around Us) but it was still nice to hear on the system.

I wanna give them a proper shot this year and my only chance is Sept 5th as the 12th I'm opting for Maceo in the room next door

Venue kills it for me regardless of what night it is. Main room is a shambles. Wouldn’t go near for anyone on the line up.

We are thinking in go 15th of august but we have many doubts. Perhaps is good ideo to go brejcha 14th?

For example what kind of set is more possible for Tale of us in Hi. Form example like this:
Or more underground? We prefer always set like this...

Back