A piece of great clubbing advice

Alcahol and drugs are exactly the same as alcohol is a drug.
What you mean is alcohol is not the same as extacy or alcohol is not the same as heroin or even exctasy is not the same as cocaine
all drugs are different from each other and have different effects.
Be aware though that most drugs including alcohol have many adverse effects on the body. Alcohol and nicotine are the biggest killers in the world but that is because they are the most popular.

kitten's head said:
Ibiza-girlie said:
well my simpel question might also simply be. WHY do them in the first place. I could never understand....I drink whenever i party, thats enuff for me....but im also a very sensitive person and IF i did drugs, Id probably come down really hard and feel very sick....

I just think it´s sad.....

And to someone else who asked me if i needed hangover advice - yeah i was feeling pretty sick yesterday; proving i dont need more than just some wine to have that effect some of you probably get drom taking whatever....alcohol and drugs are NOT the same!

Ok then. WHY do you feel the need to drink?

lol you've got a point

of course we all drink or do drugs for that effect of being intoxicated. But alcohol leaves your body and doesnt interfere with the serotonine levels as drugs do. The after effects mentally are not as bad as the ones after drugs. it´s illegal for a reason you know! everything in small dosages is not bad, but thing is you easily can get addicted when you do E! We call the users "weekend addicts" in Denmark, because the word druguser doesnt apply for those who "just do it in the wekeendS" - wHY? You ask me.......

People need to be educated on drugs, everyone does of all ages from those who take stuff every weekend to those who are ardently against any drugs at all. This is the only way to solve the problems associated with it rather than just wagging your finger and tutting at people.

To MRMAMBO
I did research on Kreatin as well
Kreatin is another amino acid that is found in red meats
Energy is made from Oxygen and Glucose, this is made through combustion like a small explosion.
Kreatin is the thing that makes these two things combust
Kreatin is produced in the pancreas naturally.
By having more kreatin in the body you can produce more energy.
This is good for most athletes
It is best to also take a glucose supplement while training and also afterwards.
The way it works for body builders wanting to create muscle is quite complicated but it works like this.
The body will have more energy during a workout so you will be able to do more.
The body having more energy during the workout will produce more adrenalin
The Adrenalin then helps produce more testsoterone.
Also during a workout the natural kreatin in the body is depleted, this means that after the workout the body is more likely to suffer from exhaustion.
By having the extra kreatin the body shouldn't suffer from exhaustion.
Muscle development can be seriously effected by exhaustion.
The best way to take kreatin is by using a loading system although i can't exactly remember how this works and don't want to get the dosage incorrect. its something like a spoon every day for a week or so and then just on the days that you train.
Taking Kreatin without training has adverse effects, mainly because the body finds itself with too much energy and doesn't know what to do with it.
Which can affect sleep and can also make you irratable.
This is just a brief insight into it without getting technical, there are plenty of other chemical reactions that occur within the process.

i partially agree, Kittens head. I guess i have been pointing fingers, but i just cant respect the fact that drugs are commonly "legal" in people´s mind. It´s like, people stare at me and say "oh you always go to Ibiza, clearly you must be into drugs" - and im so not! and when I meet people in Ibiza who ask me if i wanna do a mishubishi with them, im like "no thanks" and they are "duuuh! then why dod you bother going to ibiza in the first place" - it´s like it doesnt fit in at all!

I was refering to the government and other people "wagging fingers", not you in particular, I-G.

It annoys me too when people assume I'm just going to be wasted for the fortnight in Ibiza as I go for the beautiful scenery, beaches, food, friendly people, culture... the clubbing is just a bonus.

Ibiza-girlie said:
And to someone else who asked me if i needed hangover advice - yeah i was feeling pretty sick yesterday; proving i dont need more than just some wine to have that effect some of you probably get drom taking whatever....alcohol and drugs are NOT the same!

My point was not to compare alcohol & illegal substances, it was to point out that when somebody asks for advice we tend to give it, thats the whole point of this forum is it not. Some topics are not to everybodies tastes, we are individuals, we make our choices ;)

Alcohol does effect the seratonin levels but in a different way.
When drinking alcohol it cuts off receptors in the brain these recptors relate to things like being able to think straight and being aware of things around you the spatial aspects.
Alcohol also blocks off the nescassery receptors for serotonin production for upto 48 hours after consuming alcohol.
The extent of this depends on how much you drink.
Binge drinkers suffer the most as the brain takes a beating in one foul swoop.
The brain and body can aclimatise itself to alcohol if taken in small doses
which can be said for any drug.

good writing DFunky, I knew alcohol was effecting the body and mind to a certain extent! but still like some one else wrote: you cant compare drugs against alcohol

it takes several years to get addicted to alcohol for most people, hun´! you only in some cases have to do 1 pill of E to become addicted!

I'd like to comment on this topic because some really helpful and useful things have been raised, unfortunately due to the narrow minded comments of some I really am going to try and keep my mouth shut (for once :p ) cos it's Friday afternoon and I really can't be bothered to get into a ruck :p :lol: ;)

Barbie said:
I'd like to comment on this topic because some really helpful and useful things have been raised, unfortunately due to the narrow minded comments of some I really am going to try and keep my mouth shut (for once :p ) cos it's Friday afternoon and I really can't be bothered to get into a ruck :p :lol: ;)

ooohhh, i must read the whole of this post

Barbie said:
Thats going to be a hard one Barbs because Im sure you are addicted to this board ;)

Robo said:
Barbie said:

do its very interesting, i too have kept my mouth shut, can't be arsed really plus i don't justify myself to anyone 8)

Robo said:

You must do Rob, altho I'll pre-warn you there's no pictures to keep you amused :p

Some very good points raised in a very responsible way cos at end of day this is public forum, but certain comments left me speechless (and that doesn't happen very often :eek: :p )

Back