A piece of great clubbing advice

Mitsumadness

Just thought id share some extremerly good advice with other clubbers. I know drugs is a touchy subject but most clubbers do take ecstasy, and the come downs can be pretty bad (especially if youve got to deal with leaving Ibiza as well) :( . To completely irradicate these just pop into your local Holland and Barrett (can also be bought on-line) and ask for the amino acid supplement HYDROXYTRYTOPHAN (pretty sure thats spelt right). Take 4(ish) of these about 8-12 hours after your cheekies and youll feel right as rain for the next nights clubbing :)

Or 5-HTP to the rest of us.

Best to preload day before clubbing then take after clubbing for a couple of days., double drop 'em.

In ibiza i'd take two a day for the whole holiday.

That stuff is amazing. I did the kitten's head road test on it a couple of weeks ago and it was the biz!

oh im definatly taking plenty away with me, what do you think about vitamin and mineral supplements, any of those i should be taking with me?

Wish there were pills you could take to combat the after-effects of alcohol over-indulgence!

Ps Interested to know since I don't take pills, whats a come-down like - general depression??

N8 said:
Or 5-HTP to the rest of us.

Best to preload day before clubbing then take after clubbing for a couple of days., double drop 'em.

In ibiza i'd take two a day for the whole holiday.

aye thats the name i've heard it called!!

might have to invest cos my comedowns have just been getting worse and worse

glasgow-chick said:
Wish there were pills you could take to combat the after-effects of alcohol over-indulgence!

Ps Interested to know since I don't take pills, whats a come-down like - general depression??

It's meant to be worse for women. Usually a couple of mornings after I feel really sad and start crying over silly things like bills and my bank balance.

kitten's head said:
It's meant to be worse for women. Usually a couple of mornings after I feel really sad and start crying over silly things like bills and my bank balance.

I do that when I haven’t got a comedown!!! :lol:

Very true! But things that wouldn't normally upset me do. I know I have hardly any money but when I'm on a comedown it just gets to me even more and I start feeling really paranoid.

This product used to be a lot cheaper a few years ago
The effects increase when you combine it with a another amino acid called phenelanymine. It is found in banana's and milk and other stuff and you can buy it as a supplement. The phenelanymine helps with sleep and increases the effects of 5htp in the sleep process.
Also the effect of 5htp is greatly reducuced if you drink alcahol.
I did a study on this as part of my degree although my study was based on helping athletes increase Strength and Stamina. It works by increasing seratonin which helps create endorphins increasing adrenalin which increases testosterone in athlete's. For cluubers the benfit is the increase of seratonin which is the happy chemical found in the brain.
Anti depresents also do this but in a more unnatural way and have side effects.
5 htp works differently for different people some people won't produce seratonin as quickly as others. 5 htp can speed up the process of producing seratonin as a direct ratio to how quick the brain produces seratonin naturally.

You're right dfunky, bananas are a great food to have on a comedown. (as well as before you go out)

bananas oranges - stuff like that is very good for you on a comedown but....................... its whether you can actually manage to eat anything!!!!!!

kitten's head said:
Very true! But things that wouldn't normally upset me do. I know I have hardly any money but when I'm on a comedown it just gets to me even more and I start feeling really paranoid.

I know what you mean. When I’ve on a comedown I cry at the most
ridiculous things. I can go to the shop and get all tearful because I cant decide what flavour of crisps to buy.

dfunky said:
This product used to be a lot cheaper a few years ago
The effects increase when you combine it with a another amino acid called phenelanymine. It is found in banana's and milk and other stuff and you can buy it as a supplement. The phenelanymine helps with sleep and increases the effects of 5htp in the sleep process.
Also the effect of 5htp is greatly reducuced if you drink alcahol.
I did a study on this as part of my degree although my study was based on helping athletes increase Strength and Stamina. It works by increasing seratonin which helps create endorphins increasing adrenalin which increases testosterone in athlete's. For cluubers the benfit is the increase of seratonin which is the happy chemical found in the brain.
Anti depresents also do this but in a more unnatural way and have side effects.
5 htp works differently for different people some people won't produce seratonin as quickly as others. 5 htp can speed up the process of producing seratonin as a direct ratio to how quick the brain produces seratonin naturally.

Hey dFunky!!

Just wondering as you may be able to give some advice to me about the muscle powder stuff Creatine (creatamax 8000gl to be exact) I paid £45 for a tub and am gonna give it a whirl...my mates tried it and the results are pretty amazing. If you have any info on this, i would be very grateful...if not, sorry to waste your time!!

;)

Im sorry guys, but i think ITS COMPLETELY REDICULOUS to talk about drugs and the "right way to avoid comedowns" - well guess what!? you drugges yourself, now deal with the aftermath=amnesia, depression, illness, defect immune system to mention a few.

I might sound like a silly cow, and YES i KNOW that some of you might think that clubbing=drugging. Bit I dissagree totally, and I cant see why you have to discuss drugs in a forum like this.

There are parents and people here who - like me - dissaproves, and I simply think that you need to P.M eachother when it comes to this topic.

I don´t mean any harm, but I believe Stephen asked us to be sensible and mind what we put out here on these pages.....please be careful whatever you take or do when clubbing, i know quite a lot of people who ended up in psykiatric places after all that drugtaking, so this is why i dont appprove.

Back