A Pair of Ageing Virgins

See? we are like the Mother Therese's of the board - :lol::lol:

I couldnt tell the Otter story - its not my story to tell but it cracks me up even when I think of it - that's down to Miss Emma to spill.... (if it was her!! :lol::lol::lol:)

I dont think I know this otter story!!?

Was it me?!

I dont think it was, its not ringing any bells (but you never know with me) :lol:

we,re aging old Ibiza lovers as well, if you walk from your hotel into the bay , you,ll find Buccaneros, Donnegans, decent pubs with a great atmosphere, and bands on at cetain nights, and pink panther if youre into cocktails
thers also http://www.pinguinbar-ibiza.com/, if youre into this type of music

Ive sent you a couple of messages , can you let me know if you got them Avb xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi AvB-UK-NL,

My wife and I are 36 and have been going since 1997 so I thought I would add my humble thoughts and some of my experiences.

Pacha:

We have been to Pacha 3 times. The 1st time we hatted it. It is one of the original Ibiza clubs, from 1973, and it looked like it had not been decorates since it's opening. It reminded me of my local flee pit club from my home town. Every time we sat down without a drink in our hand we got kicked out of the seats by the waitresses unless we brought a drink from them. We left at 2.30 :cry:

Then we found out all about the history and heritage of Pacha. If you had that much history and heritage why would you renovate. Also all the bars and seating in Pacha were rented out for the season so they keep the seating free for paying customers. All good business sense.

The 2nd and 3rd time we went in knowing this and had fantastic times + the party realy gets going at 3 and at 4 it is crazy fun :)

Although Pacha has several fantastic nights I would also recommend if you have the time and $ you also try a night at amnesia or privilege.

These are massive clubs and have a very different feel to Pacha. Most of the nights/promoters put on massive production/show along side the DJs, the like of thing you might get in Vagas.

My personal recommendation (If I can be so bold) would be La Troya in amnesia. It is a gay friendly night but don't let that put you off (as all if Ibiza is gay friendly) The crowd in there are european and very friendly. Most are not gay and most are in there 30s or 40s, no kids . I wouldn't go for several years as the posters scared me off :evil: but when we did we loved it. They put on a fantastic show threw the night with trapeze artists and the Infamous Ice cannon The music too... Several anthems been played through the night from the last decade along side the best of house.

There are a lot of other good night too but for me La Troya is like a mini "Best of the last 10 years and now" of the full Ibiza experience in 1 night.

Re Head Kandy:
Yes it is quite anthem driven now but it is quite easy going. It might have a slightly younger crowd than some night but it is still a lot of fun.
And:
Es paradis is a beautiful club. It looks like a temple and was designed by the chap that did cafe del mar

The only club I would recommend against would be Eden. IMHO It is full of kids from the west end and looks like the sort of club you find on any Industrial estate in the UK.

Bora Bora Beach Bar is well worth checking out, It is like a nightclub on the beach in the daytime.
It might sound a bit sad but we love to sit on the side lines and have a quiet beer and watch the fun.

Sorry if any of my opinions offended anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi AvB-UK-NL,

My wife and I are 36 and have been going since 1997 so I thought I would add my humble thoughts and some of my experiences.

Pacha:

We have been to Pacha 3 times. The 1st time we hatted it. It is one of the original Ibiza clubs, from 1973, and it looked like it had not been decorates since it's opening. It reminded me of my local flee pit club from my home town. Every time we sat down without a drink in our hand we got kicked out of the seats by the waitresses unless we brought a drink from them. We left at 2.30 :cry:

Then we found out all about the history and heritage of Pacha. If you had that much history and heritage why would you renovate. Also all the bars and seating in Pacha were rented out for the season so they keep the seating free for paying customers. All good business sense.

The 2nd and 3rd time we went in knowing this and had fantastic times + the party realy gets going at 3 and at 4 it is crazy fun :)

Although Pacha has several fantastic nights I would also recommend if you have the time and $ you also try a night at amnesia or privilege.

These are massive clubs and have a very different feel to Pacha. Most of the nights/promoters put on massive production/show along side the DJs, the like of thing you might get in Vagas.

My personal recommendation (If I can be so bold) would be La Troya in amnesia. It is a gay friendly night but don't let that put you off (as all if Ibiza is gay friendly) The crowd in there are european and very friendly. Most are not gay and most are in there 30s or 40s, no kids . I wouldn't go for several years as the posters scared me off :evil: but when we did we loved it. They put on a fantastic show threw the night with trapeze artists and the Infamous Ice cannon The music too... Several anthems been played through the night from the last decade along side the best of house.

There are a lot of other good night too but for me La Troya is like a mini "Best of the last 10 years and now" of the full Ibiza experience in 1 night.

Re Head Kandy:
Yes it is quite anthem driven now but it is quite easy going. It might have a slightly younger crowd than some night but it is still a lot of fun.
And:
Es paradis is a beautiful club. It looks like a temple and was designed by the chap that did cafe del mar

The only club I would recommend against would be Eden. IMHO It is full of kids from the west end and looks like the sort of club you find on any Industrial estate in the UK.

Bora Bora Beach Bar is well worth checking out, It is like a nightclub on the beach in the daytime.
It might sound a bit sad but we love to sit on the side lines and have a quiet beer and watch the fun.

Sorry if any of my opinions offended anyone.

I agree your post is spot on

The first time I went to La Troya it was Monday morning I was still going from We Love and said what the heck. The nighttime events are just as great!

I'm the same age as you and I party like a teenager a couple of weeks of the year in Ibiza and there are all ages in the clubs. How long are you going for? Pacha tends to attract the "cool"'crowd but is definitely worth a visit (avoid Guetta and SHM too packed) If
you book a table and spend 70e a head in the restaurant you get free entry to the club and considering the cost of tickets, Its basically a really cheap meal. If you really want to treat him book a VIP table and you have a place to chill if it's a bit rammed. That costs 300e but includes a bottle of spirits and mixers... A vodka lemonade is 15 euros on it's own btw.
We Love is an Ibizan institution and although not as crazy as it used to be it's still a must do. The secret of doing 2 consecutive nights is a power nap between sunset and about 11 because none of the clubs open until midnight and most are very
quiet until 1.30 anyway so turning up early is pointless.

Ive just looked at the price of some of the nights in Pacha, and tickets this month are 70 euros, si if the restaurant is 70 euros a head, its a FREE meal,

true heather, but you've still spent 70 euritos. why not go somewhere else for say €20 and buy a macdonalds for say €5, and hey presto, you're €45 up on the deal.

true heather, but you've still spent 70 euritos. why not go somewhere else for say €20 and buy a macdonalds for say €5, and hey presto, you're €45 up on the deal.

Surely if you are going to Pacha anyway that's a complete waste of money? May as well have something to eat, a few beers or cocktails then walk into the club for nothing?

Pete, thanks for so much detail, thats a big help. Pacha is booked and it was 40 euros when I booked. MightgiveLa Troya a whirl. I took my hubs on our first ever date to the Village. He loved it and it was an overtly testosterone driven night because of where I took him 51 he might be but he has the broadest mind possible.;)
I cant see any offence in what you've posted. It's just useful for the uninitiated
I am actually getting excited.

I like that thinking! Or go with out a meal, spend 30 Euros getting into DC10 leaving you 40 Euros extra to get trashed on.

I dont think I know this otter story!!?

Was it me?!

I dont think it was, its not ringing any bells (but you never know with me) :lol:

How weird - I might have to do a search on here for "Otter" and find the story again - was convinced it was you :lol::lol:

Ha - I could have cheerfully smacked him across the head when his parting shot to me and phil after a massively sweaty wobbly hug as the sun came up and we bundled him into a taxi instead of letting him go lie on the beach to come down was....

"you 2 are f******* great - I hopeI am still like you too when I am that old"

:spank: little fekker can dehydrate next time!!!! :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

This thread is morphing into a spotlight classic:lol::lol::lol:

Am I the saddest little puppy for being secretly pleased that it's my virgin posting that prompted an outburst of reminiscence and hilarity? Having read it all I'm thinking by the time I come to actually go to Ibiza I'll be a big fat scaredy cat, you lot are mentalists.:eek: And there must be thousands more like you lurking in Ibiza :eek::eek::eek:

What HAVE I let myself in for?

Hopefully you will love it as much as we all do. Make sure you let us know how you get on x

Am I the saddest little puppy for being secretly pleased that it's my virgin posting that prompted an outburst of reminiscence and hilarity? Having read it all I'm thinking by the time I come to actually go to Ibiza I'll be a big fat scaredy cat, you lot are mentalists.:eek: And there must be thousands more like you lurking in Ibiza :eek::eek::eek:

What HAVE I let myself in for?

Love this :D
Im a younger Ibiza Virgin,heading there in 10 days, but i already know it doesnt matter what age you are, if the appeal of Ibiza is in you...then your gona love it - FACT :D

Back