A Pair of Ageing Virgins

AvB-UK-NL

Hi there,
Where do I start? My husband is what I would have to call a bit of a connoisseur of dance music. He has a vast collection spanning decades and it is the love of his life. Despite this he never made it to Ibiza as he's never had anyone to go with who shared his passion. I don't fully either but having been dragged to several clubs in other countries by him I can see the appeal and have danced until 6am on many occasions. Odd as I was a Hacienda baby, I did love the late 80s/early 90s dance they played as a young Manc and used to go on my own as my mates thought it was cr*p. Plus I was underage. Sorry, I digress.
I've known for years he wanted to get to Ibiza before he was 50 and I booked it as a surprise for his birthday last August but then he lost his job. Unable to go but undeterred I changed the booking to this September and now the swine has found out as he suspected I was planning something and found the invoice. He has been dancing on air for 3 days and its wall to wall sampling and spotting of tunes he thinks will fill dance floors.
I am really clueless with this. I have booked a defected night at Pacha as having rooted through his tracks he has a lot of defected label stuff. I would love to book a closing party but don't know what would fit his taste. He likes vocal soulful and,classic house and does like Latin Beats too. He used to like Hed Kandi but then one guy left and he said it went downhill from there. (Please don't shoot me down in flames; I'm not even sure what he's going on about bit it might help you to help me) Can anyone suggest a night that might suit?
Also couple of silly questions, how is it best to get to Pacha (Discobus?) from San Antonio and is there any chance that us pensioners (38 and 51) will get turned away??
We are going to be staying in the Bay at the Hawaii Ibiza.

Hi There

I would print out the clubbing calendar http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/events and get him to choose his nights however Subliminal is a good option IMO - although if you are already doing Pacha for Defected you might not want to do 2 nights at the same club - but I usually do as its my favourite club for "our age group" not that Ibiza is in any way, shape or form weird about age groups - its just my personal preference being of that age group...:lol:

You could also consider Roger Sanchez on a Monday night too - havent been to see him for the past couple of years but always a good night in the past.....

Enjoy your perusing the calendar! 8)

To make the Pacha night perfect you could get a normal number 3 bus from San Antonio (every half an hour) to Ibiza Town and enjoy a few drinks in the town, it really is a magical place. Pacha is then a nice walk from town around the harbour.

enjoy :D

There is a huuge possibility that you will both become totally hooked on Ibiza, I would be surprised if this was your only ever visit to the island. A post trip report would be good too :)

I usually get a taxi over from San An area around 11pm (approx 25€) as I like to go drinking in Ibiza Town for a couple of hours then walk over to Pacha (10 min walk along the harbour) but I guess it depends on what your plans are before hand. If you didnt want to fork out twice for a taxi there and back, there is the regular bus service from San An Bus Station behind the Piscis Park Hotel to Ibiza Town - A/C bus but I think it stops pretty early in the evening about 7pm?

I havent used the Discobus myself, to be honest I was traumatised by the free Amnesia Bus from Bar M a few years back - felt like I was on a remand home night out :lol::lol::lol: so couldnt be bothered with the actual Disco Bus....
http://www.discobus.es/

I am pretty sure that if you get 4 of you in a taxi and get a receipt you can claim back your taxi far at the club on production of said receipt... However, that was a few years back - not sure if during this great recession this is still an actual option - guys? anyone used this option this season???

Also - book all your tickets through this site - so much easier http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/tickets/5_i.htm

I would go to Pacha and We love space on sunday depending on how many days you are there. I am in your age group and don't feel odd anywhere in Ibiza. You and your hubby will love it. Skip the disco bus as pups said if you can afford it. It was not one of my more pleasant experiences.

I would go to Pacha and We love space on sunday depending on how many days you are there. I am in your age group and don't feel odd anywhere in Ibiza. You and your hubby will love it. Skip the disco bus as pups said if you can afford it. It was not one of my more pleasant experiences.

Funnily enough we have never used the disco bus, there is a theme here....:D

The Discobus will not be getting our custom. I dont fancy spending the wee small hours in Risley Remand on wheels. Thanks though, sounded like a good idea before I asked.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: its just really young and full of excitable peeps IMO - far too old with no patience and likely to give them a slap for not sitting down properly and stopping them giving the driver aggro by smoking and drinking on the bus.... THIS is when I feel my age in Ibiza LOL :oops::oops::oops:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: its just really young and full of excitable peeps IMO - far too old with no patience and likely to give them a slap for not sitting down properly and stopping them giving the driver aggro by smoking and drinking on the bus.... THIS is when I feel my age in Ibiza LOL :oops::oops::oops:

Even more definite. Hubs has all the patience of a prisoner of war camp commandant. :)

Saturday and Sunday? Gulp...my big daft dutchman can take it! Can I?
:oops:

I'm the same age as you and I party like a teenager a couple of weeks of the year in Ibiza and there are all ages in the clubs. How long are you going for? Pacha tends to attract the "cool"'crowd but is definitely worth a visit (avoid Guetta and SHM too packed) If
you book a table and spend 70e a head in the restaurant you get free entry to the club and considering the cost of tickets, Its basically a really cheap meal. If you really want to treat him book a VIP table and you have a place to chill if it's a bit rammed. That costs 300e but includes a bottle of spirits and mixers... A vodka lemonade is 15 euros on it's own btw.
We Love is an Ibizan institution and although not as crazy as it used to be it's still a must do. The secret of doing 2 consecutive nights is a power nap between sunset and about 11 because none of the clubs open until midnight and most are very
quiet until 1.30 anyway so turning up early is pointless.

I'm the same age as you and I party like a teenager a couple of weeks of the year in Ibiza and there are all ages in the clubs. How long are you going for? Pacha tends to attract the "cool"'crowd but is definitely worth a visit (avoid Guetta and SHM too packed) If
you book a table and spend 70e a head in the restaurant you get free entry to the club and considering the cost of tickets, Its basically a really cheap meal. If you really want to treat him book a VIP table and you have a place to chill if it's a bit rammed. That costs 300e but includes a bottle of spirits and mixers... A vodka lemonade is 15 euros on it's own btw.
We Love is an Ibizan institution and although not as crazy as it used to be it's still a must do. The secret of doing 2 consecutive nights is a power nap between sunset and about 11 because none of the clubs open until midnight and most are very
quiet until 1.30 anyway so turning up early is pointless.

Think I'll take up jogging, in the Rocky style :)
We'll only be there a week, wish it was longer. Friday is the only night we cant go clubbing. Meal idea sounds great, thanks for that

Dont worry about age, im around your age and cant imagine not going every year (as WeLuvIbiza said i doubt it'll be your last time), im a Hacienda girl originally, lived in Salford as well - so if i can make Ibiza mine, so can you! 8)

I also second the Pacha Restaurant idea too, well worth it.

I would also give the Disco Bus a wide body swerve too, if you can afford it, its not the best start / end to the night IMO! :spank:

The idea of a newbie to the island is so exciting, im taking a friend with our group this year it's her first time even though she's in her mid thirties and has wanted to go for years, the time hasn't ever been right - ive loved planning all the stuff we're gonna do and where we're gonna go to! The thought of her seeing everything for the first time is making me have a renewed excitement too!

Have a fabulous holiday!

I agree that time of the morning with someone else children on their first holiday makes me want to give them a slap or two.

Back