A Pair of Ageing Virgins

Is the Disco Bus really that bad? I last went on it in about 1999 and don't remember it being so awful.

I would suggest that you check out the Hed Kandi party @ Es Paradis in San An. Aesthetically, the best club in Ibiza IMO.

Great place to start your Ibiza adventure, its in San An and popular with your agegroup. Music style is right up your street also. Wont break the bank either.

Is the Disco Bus really that bad? I last went on it in about 1999 and don't remember it being so awful.

No its not that bad. What do people expect at 5am in the morning on a bus full of monged party people on Holiday? Extra leg room seats, tour guides and free wifi ???

I actually saw a guy get up and give his seat to a girl in need one night on the Disco bus!

Thanks for all the info everyone, this is a great start. You're all being super-helpful to a pair of old farts who are trying to get a life!!8)
Can I ask, I'm thinking Space will be the 2nd venue from having a listen, a read and a look. Is it easy to get there, same drill? taxi in and walkable or is Space a bit more remote to get to than Pacha?

get a taxi (or another bus from ibiza town) to playa d'en bossa. not remote at all.

go to bora bora or one the other beach bars in pdb for a few drinks beforehand.

I would suggest that you check out the Hed Kandi party @ Es Paradis in San An. Aesthetically, the best club in Ibiza IMO.

Great place to start your Ibiza adventure, its in San An and popular with your agegroup. Music style is right up your street also. Wont break the bank either.

Cheers Bez, have had a look and yeah I agree its a looker! Not sure whether to risk a Hed Kandi night though as he said a few years back they'd sold their soul.:twisted::twisted: Mind you, I have to be a bit careful with budget so it might be worthwhile for a third night out if I can take the pace. Not got stacks of cash, who has though!!!

No its not that bad. What do people expect at 5am in the morning on a bus full of monged party people on Holiday? Extra leg room seats, tour guides and free wifi ???

I actually saw a guy get up and give his seat to a girl in need one night on the Disco bus!

That is how I remember it. I may give it a try again, I will be one of the monged people anyway.

The Hed Kandi nights at EP are said to be a lot tougher sounding than the current compilations...

I mean, that your man might like it more than he thinks he would.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you decide to do Hed Kandi, Es Paradis is a nice ten min walk round the bay from the Hawaii so that completely gets rid of travel costs/hassle. For pre club drinks on the walk to Es Paradis there is Bay Bar, Tulp, Ibiza Rocks and Itaca which are all nice and nothing like the West End.

Realised we can't anyway as Sat night we're at Pacha. Are the clubs in San Antonio worth a visit do you reckon?

Not really sure most other nights at Eden or Es Paradis will be your kind of thing tbh. The bars I mentioned before have house music on until 3 or 4am and Mambo etc on the sunset strip are good as well once the sunset crowds have gone

Realised we can't anyway as Sat night we're at Pacha. Are the clubs in San Antonio worth a visit do you reckon?

I usually avoid, to be honest its been 5 years since I did a night in Eden and its just a bit too young for me and I spent half the night babysitting some guy who had totally mistimed and overdid everything, cost me 20€ to keep the fekker in water as I was that worried about him..... :lol::lol::lol:

How weird the only time I have ever had maternal instincts is out in Ibiza at 3am in a club :oops:

However, saying that, I do like drinking in San An and along the Bay asw Dave DL recommends, and then up to my FAVOURITE bar/restaurant now - Golden Buddah, excellent location, great food, great beds to lie on and watch the sunset and really good drinks prices...

I usually avoid, to be honest its been 5 years since I did a night in Eden and its just a bit too young for me and I spent half the night babysitting some guy who had totally mistimed and overdid everything, cost me 20€ to keep the fekker in water as I was that worried about him..... :lol::lol::lol:

How weird the only time I have ever had maternal instincts is out in Ibiza at 3am in a club :oops:

However, saying that, I do like drinking in San An and along the Bay asw Dave DL recommends, and then up to my FAVOURITE bar/restaurant now - Golden Buddah, excellent location, great food, great beds to lie on and watch the sunset and really good drinks prices...

I LOVE that story so much!! You are a legend 8)

I think he is grudge carrying. Got go tbr bottom of it last night.Mark Doyle was involved in the early days of Hed Kandi and my hubs liked his style but he was dumped by the label and it took a direction my hubs kind thought was a bit lame and overly commercial. (I can hardly believe I'm typing stuff like this). I love Elbow,Muse and most of the Manc bands of the 80s. Its all Dutch to me!!!!

Back