A new era for San Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Protest against San An Bars having to close earlier

Not sure if this has already been talked about, I couldn't see another thread about it though:

VERY IMPORTANT: ALL SAN ANTONIO/IBIZA WORKERS and owners. Continuing with their shooting themselves in the foot policy, the council are intending to stop ALL MUSIC before 4.30pm (inside AND outside) and to shut bars that are open until 6, at 5am. Next year they will make bars shut at 3am rather than 4am. There is a PROTEST outside the TOWN HALL at 9AM tomorrow morning (obviously assume no-one will be up). If only 30 or 40 people turn up they will just steam roller ahead. 8-900 and it will be a different story. This AFFECTS nearly EVERYONE WORKING or WANTING TO WORK in San An. Please share this and drag yourself out of bed tomorrow morning.

So, location: San An Town Hall
Time: 9am sharp
Who to bring: Everyone you can
What to bring: Some FOR SALE / SE VENDE signs to represent what will happen to some businesses if these policies are brought in.

This is an illegal policy. We need to fight it!
Less hours, means less money for wages, less staff means less jobs... so even if you are not directly affected, you will be indirectly affected in some way at least. So please, if in Ibiza tomorrow, please join us.

I've seen this info through FB share...That suckX? i hope there will be huge people to protest...

ps: i Remember a time when it was party 24H/day & the word "after party" had a sense...

My facebook feed has been full of it all day. Mostly from people who own/manage bars, and i can see why. Would you want an hour a day of your profits going away...especially when the ones who stay open till 6am generally get quite busy because the majority close!

SAN antonio is ridiculous! They approved the illegal bar openings time restrictions!

481117_10200151049116897_1264393555_n.jpg

557927_10200151190840440_1775025977_n.jpg

Ibiza Boat Cruises

With all these new regulations coming in over the last few years there seems to be a huge sway towards a new Ibiza, will it be able to compete in the future with all these restrictions? I personally don't think so, although it doesn't change my love for the place or will stop me coming back it is a shame the government are treating people this way, if the bars lose so much cash they have to close surely this means less money for the island which is already struggling?
I foresee bad times ahead for the scene away from any of the bigger nights.

Well will it.They changed the opening hours of the clubs like Space and the beach bars music a few years ago.Are they still open.(Yes).All i can see is the bars will have to try and get people out a little earley than they used to.Will people go out an hour before they used to.If your a party going then you would.Don;t forget Ibiza is trying to get people to come other than the clubbers.And at least treat those who are older to a good nights sleep.Rather than the drunks that roam the area;s the bars close.Keeping them awake.Its the non clubbers that keep Ibiza going.50/60 Euro tickets for a club.What part of that goes to the smaller bars.Ok the local council get a good sump i guess in taxes.To improve the roads etc.

I was young once and used to stay out late in the west end.But i;ve seen by 3am it drops off in most bars.As the bigger club taken the people away.Things could be worse than they are.Ive been going since 83.Seen lots of changes.Some good.Some bad.But i still go back every 2/3 times a year.Does not matter how much you protest.The powers that be get there way in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ Pretty much this for me. The West End is fairly quiet by 5am anyway as most of the people who go there run out of steam way before the majority of places close.

With that logic we might as well shut the whole of the west end down untill 1am to then as it is never very busy before then, so we can have the 2 hour peak as its not busy other times?!?! I know some places don't open until 12 but then there lies the point, I am starting to outgrow holidays where it is such a bender for the duration but it really is becoming a different place the punters should have a choice. And if anyone has been going for years they will know not to stay near or even in San An if they want a peaceful holiday away from the louts ;)
Give the people who pay a choice and let them decide.

^^^ Pretty much this for me. The West End is fairly quiet by 5am anyway as most of the people who go there run out of steam way before the majority of places close.

I've always thought that the ideal situation for both the bars and nightclubs is for the 'action' to shift to Eden & Es Paradis at 2-3AM. The problem is that Eden & Es Paradis still act like they are 'superclubs' and try to charge ridiculous entry prices , which are discounted with wristbands most of the time anyway. When in reality only the big nights such as the Water Party, Judgement Sunday's and Hed Kandi are worth paying for. So you end up with the San An crowd being split between staying in the West End or going to Es Paradis/Eden and both places can look sparse on the quieter nights as a result.

Who cares whether the west end is half full, a quarter full or even a tenth full at 5am, this is peoples livelihoods and why should the council illegally decided who can drink where at this time of night. Why should bar owners just shut early and give all their custom to eden / es paradis (as someone suggested at 2am a few posts up) Absolutely rediculous.

It appears most people on here don't frequent the West End at 5am, if you did you'd realise it's quite an enjoyable time. If you bare in mind a lot of workers dont finish till 4,4.30am, it's nice to go for a pint after work. And the bars in turn make a good living out of seasonable residents at this time in the morning. I personally don't care if Eden/Es Paradis but look 'sparse' on quieter nights, I go out to enjoy myself with my friends, not a million strangers around me.

There appeared to be a good turn out at the protest and meeting today, it's just a shame they came to such a wrong and stupid decision. I foresee many a bar half full with people drinking in the dark this summer at 5 30 am!

Forgot to mention the workers, I have sat in a cafe in san an near the egg in the very early hours enjoying a quiet drink with locals after theyve finished work and now I guess this right will be taken away from them?
Disgusting decision.

indeed it will have, because even bars that close at 2-3 wont shut any earlier than previous years...also means there will be more people filtering out of the west end at the same time...more fights, anti-social behaviour and taxi queues. I think the main, extremely worrying reason though, is the bars livelihood. Despite what people percieve, bars in the west end dont make that much money, and taking the equivalent of around 1/6-1/4 of their profits (if you bare in mind the bars open till 6 dont get busier till 12-1) is going to seriously either bankrupt or drive away a lot of the business owners.

indeed it will have, because even bars that close at 2-3 wont shut any earlier than previous years...also means there will be more people filtering out of the west end at the same time...more fights, anti-social behaviour and taxi queues. I think the main, extremely worrying reason though, is the bars livelihood. Despite what people percieve, bars in the west end dont make that much money, and taking the equivalent of around 1/6-1/4 of their profits (if you bare in mind the bars open till 6 dont get busier till 12-1) is going to seriously either bankrupt or drive away a lot of the business owners.
I agree completely, the choice should be there!
Anyway not a lot can be done about it now I guess we will have to see what happens. Maybe the government want to build a huge golf course on the west end nothing would surprise me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back