A new era for San Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.
the amendment of the ordinance, which is awaiting final approval in late june.
this board has appeared right in front of cafe mambo:

scaled.php

(thanks nostrum for the pic)

That board was already there by the end of May!
I wondered why it was only in english?

edit: just checked,saw it for first time on 6th june...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is disappointing for us who like to go, take a sip of drink watching the sunset, then clear up after ourselves and move on somewhere else. :(

what a tastefully designed, well mounted and positioned sign that looks!!??!! maybe somebody should remind the local council in san antonio that the reason why people gather from all over the world to see the sunset in san antonio is because it has a natural feel to it, not because it is obliterated with tacky 'don't do' signs. Next they will have several advertising hoardings sponsored by BMW or Audi or whoever saying "Welcome to the the site of the world famous san antonio sunset" to bring in some advertising revenue. or they could charge people to sit and watch the sunset. We know the Spanish economy has gone 'tits up' (rather than 'no tits out' as in san antonio these days) but these revenue raising ideas are becoming great competition for Ryanair. Tax to walk on the pavement anyone?
Obviously no-one including me is encouraging littering and pissing in public but the large 1,500 euro fine does suggest this 'new era for san antonio' is driven by monetary policy.

Think we saw that board at the start of the month; right next to a Mambo sign saying only drinks purchased at the bar can be consumed on the benchs down below.

this board has appeared right in front of cafe mambo:

scaled.php

(thanks nostrum for the pic)

The saddest thing about this sign is the fact they consider littering to be a lesser offence than enjoying a beer whilst watching something naturally breathtaking beautiful. Sigh.

That is on par with UEFA fining Bendner more for exposing his sponsor clad briefs than the fines dished out for racist behaviour amongst fans.

I walked past Mambo at 10am a few weeks ago and was shocked at the amount of litter and broken bottles on the rocks/beach from the previous night, so I'm not surprised that they've taken this stance. Someone has to clean this mess up to make it safe for others.

So why not just have a littering fine instead?

if i drink on the rockks i made sure i always took the empty bottles with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back