A new era for San Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just Sunset Strip, or will be enforced all over the island?
Is it possible to bring our own drinks to the beach? any beach...

i suppose apart from ses variades it will affect all the beaches in san antonio but it's impossible to say at the moment as the ordinance won't be passed till late june (at least).....

2597101723_218c731f72.jpg

flickr

last weekend read something (in uh or ddi) about a possible 56.000-(!!!)-euro-fine
for cafe del mar for putting to much tables/chairs on the promenade ...

So does this shirtless / 'semi-nude' ban start as of now or is it being introduced later on in the summer season?

San Antonio is gonna be well awesome when they start bringing in coach loads of Saga and Shearings holidaymakers to sip cups of tea while rocking to the beat of Engelbert Humperdinck. Just think over a thousand grannies in the piscis park all fully clothed. The authorities would love it. That's progress folks apparently........

the only Tao I know is a club in Vegas, went there with a few friends once, it was on the roof of a hotel but can't remember which one

San Antonio is gonna be well awesome when they start bringing in coach loads of Saga and Shearings holidaymakers to sip cups of tea while rocking to the beat of Engelbert Humperdinck. Just think over a thousand grannies in the piscis park all fully clothed. The authorities would love it. That's progress folks apparently........

San Grantonio ? :eek:

So does this shirtless / 'semi-nude' ban start as of now or is it being introduced later on in the summer season?

The ban is only in public areas. You can still be topless by the pool, on the beach and by the fountains. It's a good idea as in my opinion someone walking around topless in a shop etc is trampy.

As some of us keep saying there are much nicer places to see the sun go down than Mambo strip. Just stop being lazy and go find them ... leave those sunset strip bars to degenerate further into 100% tacky tourist guidebook attractions. If that's what the owners want for them other hotspots will soon benefit (and the views are even better too :p).

This

The ban is only in public areas. You can still be topless by the pool, on the beach and by the fountains. It's a good idea as in my opinion someone walking around topless in a shop etc is trampy.

+1

As per a post above Manchester city council have the same law, personally I could see it becoming widespread throughout the UK. Is it really such a hardship to wear a tee shirt in and around the shops/ eating places / away from the beach?

+1

As per a post above Manchester city council have the same law, personally I could see it becoming widespread throughout the UK. Is it really such a hardship to wear a tee shirt in and around the shops/ eating places / away from the beach?

I worked in retail for 20 years, and it was a real bugbear when someone walked in without a top.

I did have a sign on the door saying tops must be worn, and just got a mouth full of abuse when I had to ask someone to put a top on.

It is not much hard-ship to put a top on when leaving the beach, and if you don't want to get a top stained with sun-tan oil just have take a tatty old top with you to wear.

... it was a real bugbear when someone walked in without a top.

I did have a sign on the door saying tops must be worn,
and just got a mouth full of abuse when I had to ask someone to put a top on.

It is not much hard-ship to put a top on when leaving the beach ...
feck off :spank:

i´ll cruise the westend topless like all the years b4 24hours all summer long :twisted:

1sdppc.jpg

Nothing wrong with having to wear a t-shirt when walking through stores; but it's an annoyance given so many hotels are a stones throw from beaches and yet you'll technically have to put a top on for 30 seconds before taking it off again to prevent getting a fine. Or then after you've been baking hot have to throw a t-shirt on and sweat yourself back to the hotel.

im sure it wont be a zero tolerance policy mate . theres lots of things that are supposed to be but aren't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back