_____ Fresh rumours about DJs switching clubs next year. Gonna be a fun 2012 _____

Mike and Claire of Manumission fame seem to be getting very friendly with Pacha in recent months. They are at the courting stage now and I would not be surprised if they host a show related to their new cinema project in Pacha or Lio next year.

After more than a decade and these dwindling numbers you have to ask yourself is it time for the Judge to budge?

I dont think its just the judge's night thats been affected, I found this year that Cream @ Amnesia was the quietest i have EVER seen it, the place was half empty! Also Eric Morillo's night @ Pacha was alot quieter than ive ever seen it

Clubs are getting quieter every year with the exception of the big nights like SHM,Carl Cox, We love (only naming ones ive been to that were busy and probably still are)

They should do more label night parties at the clubs instead of just one dj. Not many djs can pack a club every week. And there can be a fresh rotation of djs. Anjunabeats, Armada, Bedrock Mnus, Mau5trap, etc. They all can have a theme as well but labels are starting to be as well known as the djs themselves.

Clubs are getting quieter every year with the exception of the big nights like SHM,Carl Cox, We love (only naming ones ive been to that were busy and probably still are)
Overall, the clubs are not quieter at all. It's just that the crowds (and tastes) are shifting.

Morillo & Cream might be quieter but Pacha Monday's & Thursday's used to be comparatively quiet. Now you've got SHM and FMIF packing the place. Other nights like Ibiza Rocks, Kehakuma, MTV and Come Together have caught on. Carl Cox, We Love, Circoloco, Cocoon were the most full I'd seen them over the past decade. Even Sankey's got a decent crowd on Thursday up against Cream (not packed, but not bad for a new night in a new club in a venue that used to struggle to gain any traction).

There were as many passengers passing through Ibiza airport in the first 9 months of this year as all of last year (according to the article on Spotlight) so I seriously doubt overall club numbers are down.

have to say cocoon was the least busy ive seen it in 4 years (which was a good thing as i actually made it into the main room for thr first time!)

I dont think its just the judge's night thats been affected, I found this year that Cream @ Amnesia was the quietest i have EVER seen it, the place was half empty! Also Eric Morillo's night @ Pacha was alot quieter than ive ever seen it

so unbelievably wrong in such a spectacular way!!!

Disagree with this. Every night we went to while out there was packed to the rafters.
You couldn't move when we went to Cream, or Tiesto. Or any of the other clubs

They should do more label night parties at the clubs instead of just one dj. Not many djs can pack a club every week. And there can be a fresh rotation of djs. Anjunabeats, Armada, Bedrock Mnus, Mau5trap, etc. They all can have a theme as well but labels are starting to be as well known as the djs themselves.

This. But the island needs smaller clubs in order to pull off some of those label nights.
Anjuna won't sell out the bigger clubs. The trance labels would suit somewhere like Sankeys.

Mike and Claire of Manumission fame seem to be getting very friendly with Pacha in recent months. They are at the courting stage now and I would not be surprised if they host a show related to their new cinema project in Pacha or Lio next year.

They have mentioned this in the Pacha Magazine... whichever one they were on the cover of.

So it looks likely.

With regards to how busy it is. I think that it depends on when you go, where you go, and who is on at other clubs. In my 2 visits it was still busy. But a nice busy. Not like the end of July or August.

Smaller clubs? The theory is great, but so many have tried... what about the epic fail of Boho a couple of years ago?

Sankeys on a Thursday was one of my best nights out of the 8 we were there... but monza is always a great night if you ask me ;)

What about a Prydz on the terrace Digweed in the main Room combo???? just a thought!!!!(although not a Tue as I reckon Digweed wouldnt want to clash with Cox!!!!)

Also Annie Mac at Eden??????, she could probably hold a night there easily (as her Annie Mac Presents nights in the UK seem to be going from strength to strengh).

Would be great if Annie Mac split off from the Prydz night and Bedrock DJs took over the other room instead (no disrespect - she's done a great deal for promoting various stuff but I go clubbing mainly for pleasure and a night of hers wouldn't be my personal choice ... would far prefer "other rooms" to host DJs I'm busting to see).

I'm not sure exactly how the ticketing works, as far as what Pacha pays SHM specifically to play there..but if they moved to Privilege they could certainly fill that place up every single night. Especially if they can bring all their friends (Dirty South, AN21, Max V, Alesso) to fill out their lineups. However, if they can make more at Pacha, I dont think theyd move to Privilege, and it works for them as they seem to love Ushuaia.

Privilege has some options though in my opinion. There are a lot of popular young DJs that they could think about using. The massive success of Avicii will certainly get him residency somewhere next year...He will certainly sell tickets, and will be doing more than just warming up for Guetta next year. Same with Afrojack. But i completely agree, i was on the island for 2 weeks this year, and after going to SuperMarxte in 2010, I had no desire to go back to Privilege.

I think Luciano and the whole Cadenza theme works great at Pacha, and I certainly disagree with Monday's at Space being just a filler. The only problem with Mark Knight/Fedde and co on Mondays there was there was so much competition for monday nights. But I went to it and loved it. It was filled nicely as well. Same goes for Kehakuma...top to bottom Space and Pacha had the best weeks. Pacha does a great job of having very unique or very popular DJs every night. Flower Power for example is something that is a great changeup that keeps Pacha fresh.

I also agree with the fact...no way will Guetta move from Pacha. Pacha and FMIF are like peanut butter and jelly. If you dont like it, dont eat it...but it belongs together.

McRackin - Source?

As mentioned, Privilege really needs some new nights. I don't think, personally, that Guetta or SHM will be part of that.

According to Wikipedia

Pacha's capacity is 3,500
and
Privilege's capacity is 10,000 (I thought it was 12,000)

3,500 x €50 = €175,000
10,000 x €50 = €500,000

I guess the average spend per head when in the club is higher per person at Pacha

but at €50 per person to get in, and they sell out it is a €325,000 difference.

That is a hell of a lot of €s for Pacha to make up if they didn't want to loose anyone who reckons they could fill Privilege:?:

Ticket prices would also be different...
If were talking SHM for example at pacha they were going for 60e-72e with capacity of 3500. If the capacity is 10,000 at Privilege, they would most likely drop the price to around 45-50e. Remember the fact that Pacha only holds 3500 and SHM sell out and fill every event will not happen at Privilege as easy as it will at Pacha. I doubt they'd sell 10,000+ tickets to Privilege at 65e a pop.

If were talking SHM for example at pacha they were going for 60e-72e with capacity of 3500. If the capacity is 10,000 at Privilege

I am no ticketing expert, but its not quite as simple as the sums above. Pacha rakes it in from more sources than just door entry. Don't be surprised if you can make as much money with a 3.500 capacity as you can with a Privilege 8-9,000 capacity. Pacha may give less cut to ticket sellers, it doesn't need to spend so much advertising to get people in, it has a HUGE VIP area which is an absolute cash cow. I'd imagine that the SHM deal may take a % of the bar revenues (though I don't know).

More people in Pacha spend a LOT of money on alcohol, unlike other nights. Just think how much more people at these more commercial night spend as opposed to an undergound night (catch my drift).

As we have debated before the SHM / Guetta Pacha love in is SO much more than just about numbers and money! Its about brand, prestige, status of having a "Pacha Ibiza" residency than in turn makes your brand even bigger and gives more kudos...

Back