_____ Fresh rumours about DJs switching clubs next year. Gonna be a fun 2012 _____

I am no ticketing expert, but its not quite as simple as the sums above. Pacha rakes it in from more sources than just door entry. Don't be surprised if you can make as much money with a 3.500 capacity as you can with a Privilege 8-9,000 capacity. Pacha may give less cut to ticket sellers, it doesn't need to spend so much advertising to get people in, it has a HUGE VIP area which is an absolute cash cow. I'd imagine that the SHM deal may take a % of the bar revenues (though I don't know).

More people in Pacha spend a LOT of money on alcohol, unlike other nights. Just think how much more people at these more commercial night spend as opposed to an undergound night (catch my drift).

As we have debated before the SHM / Guetta Pacha love in is SO much more than just about numbers and money! Its about brand, prestige, status of having a "Pacha Ibiza" residency than in turn makes your brand even bigger and gives more kudos...

Plus the Mambo and Ushuaia connection to Pacha.

I am no ticketing expert, but its not quite as simple as the sums above. Pacha rakes it in from more sources than just door entry. Don't be surprised if you can make as much money with a 3.500 capacity as you can with a Privilege 8-9,000 capacity. Pacha may give less cut to ticket sellers, it doesn't need to spend so much advertising to get people in, it has a HUGE VIP area which is an absolute cash cow. I'd imagine that the SHM deal may take a % of the bar revenues (though I don't know).

More people in Pacha spend a LOT of money on alcohol, unlike other nights. Just think how much more people at these more commercial night spend as opposed to an undergound night (catch my drift).

As we have debated before the SHM / Guetta Pacha love in is SO much more than just about numbers and money! Its about brand, prestige, status of having a "Pacha Ibiza" residency than in turn makes your brand even bigger and gives more kudos...

Exactly. It's far too simplistic to say you're guarenteed to make more money simply by moving to a larger venue, even if your current residency is capacity.

Good points:!:

Yer Pacha is a much cooler brand than some other clubs.
and
Yep it's also about building your own night's global brand and Packa help do that.

But still the idere of having 10'000 or 3'500 customers a night still makes you think for a moment.

forgot 3500 x 50 vs 10,000 x 40.

it's all about the VIP take!

Hang on, Privelege's VIP area is on that Balcony above and I think I read somewhere that it was something ridiculous to be up there on Tiesto's night????? i.e. a lot more expensicve than £300 or whatever Pacha's VIP is so surly they could just capitalise on that????

Hang on, Privelege's VIP area is on that Balcony above and I think I read somewhere that it was something ridiculous to be up there on Tiesto's night????? i.e. a lot more expensicve than £300 or whatever Pacha's VIP is so surly they could just capitalise on that????

still looking at this from the wrong point of view.

i'd say pacha has about 10x amount of tables as privilege.

300€ is min spend. few actually take that route, most spend more.

the tables in the main club centre literally go for tens of thousands every night.

Tiesto was spotted quite a few times at Ushuaia. Do we think he may end up with an afternoon there next year?

I think Ushuaia will have a lot of power when it comes to picking who they want for 2012 residencies. Despite how a majority of spotlighters feel, i think Ushuaia had an amazing season and i'm sure their are tons of superstar and underground dj's who will want a weekly night there next summer

Anjuna won't sell out the bigger clubs. The trance labels would suit somewhere like Sankeys.

From what I've heard Sankeys in Ibiza is exactly the same as Sankeys in Manchester. A club that most people that actually live in Manchester hate.

If that is the cast I don't think it would be right for trance and Above and Beyond could do far far better for themselves ie Amnesia

From what I've heard Sankeys in Ibiza is exactly the same as Sankeys in Manchester. A club that most people that actually live in Manchester hate.

If that is the cast I don't think it would be right for trance and Above and Beyond could do far far better for themselves ie Amnesia

The thing is, I don't think they'd sell out the venue by themselves. The anjuna night Sankey's had on last year was actually pretty good, but it wasn't that busy.

Alright stranger! :D

Anyways, for what it's worth (and as a Manc) I liked Sankeys Ibiza, thought it had a good crowd and was just busy enough. I agree the original Sankeys in Manchester has lost any of my late 90s loyalty since it had the refit - shockingly sh1t crowd and fecked up layout makes for a crap night most of the time...

It's also being assumed that Priv will max the 10,000 capacaity which is hard to do.

based on how big they are in the US right now (selling out 20K venues in 30 minutes) i can see them pulling it off there...

i know Pacha closed the front door a few nights this summer when they were playing due to being at occupancy... that almost never happens at Pacha.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/dec/07/judge-jules-radio-1-gilles-peterson?newsfeed=true

He is known to his thousands of listeners as the "Judge", but BBC Radio 1's Judge Jules is swapping his record box for a new career as a lawyer

A legal career is an unlikely switch for a dance music DJ but Judge Jules – real name Julius O'Riordan – studied law at the London School of Economics, where he started out as a part-time DJ. Hence the nickname.

O'Riordan will become an entertainment lawyer at London media firm Sheridans. He said he would continue to DJ in his spare time.

Back