Circoloco @ DC10 2016

Not caring much for JJ or Martinez Bros, this lineup doesn't do much for me this week as i find Circo's lineup sometimes just dont suit what i am into. Also Adriatique in the main room doesnt fit so much to me, I think they would be better suited for the terrace, but just my opinion of course. I like Francesca Lombardo the best of the bunch and thats a pretty early time slot for her. And Margaret Dygas in the garden is pretty nice too.

Hmm. I had a stronger Circo Loco lineup in June ( tale of us, Seth Troxler, Damien Lazarus, Dixon, Dyed Soundorom, and more). Maybe they're saving the bigger names for later in the season? The lineups last year were pretty good consistently from what I recall.
I just don't what's gonna happen now with Cocoon opening earlier, becuase you could stay until like 2'ish and not miss that much of it..

Hmm. I had a stronger Circo Loco lineup in June ( tale of us, Seth Troxler, Damien Lazarus, Dixon, Dyed Soundorom, and more)

I wouldn't call that stranger at all. Tale of Us when they are in good form are always good. Damian Lazarus is certainly different but I've seen him bring some of the funkier well balanced sets out of anyone. Dixon for me is almost always in top form and all of the Apollonia crew know how to bring it. I would take that bunch any day for a CircoLoco lineup or any other party at that.

Yeah meant stronger.

What do you guys of the lineup next week for Circo Loco? I'm not really feeling it tbh

I think the lineup is spot on. Seth, Jackmaster, Ellen Alien, Boris Werner, Cassy and Leon Vynehall. I would not be bored! Those lost represent Circoloco for me.

Yeah meant stronger.

What do you guys of the lineup next week for Circo Loco? I'm not really feeling it tbh

Is this not part of the 'change' for Circo Loco? When I first went, 2006-2009 you were lucky if you knew 2 names on the line up, let alone even looking at it. I went to hear music and DJs I had never heard before

Considering it was Space Opening weekend, DC-10 was extremely empty on Monday!!!! Think we arrived just after 5pm, but there would have been less than 50 in the garden, which was the only room open!!! Francesca Lombardo played to the 4 of us, and maybe 2 other people in the main room (think it was 7 - 9pm)... Tania Vulcano had about 15 people in the terrace (7 - 9pm), and even Richy Ahmed had about 40 - 50 people in the terrace for the first hour or so of his set (9 - 11pm)...

We are normally complaining about the lack of room, but this time, a few more would've been good... I'll put a review up soon, do you can see yourself from the pictures/videos...

:)

Don't think it has anything to do with it being empty as per above but personally don't think the line ups so far have been as strong as past years

Don't think it has anything to do with it being empty as per above but personally don't think the line ups so far have been as strong as past years

the opening line up was as strong as it could be really.

week two 'suffered' from two points, one being the last ever space opening and thus everyone going and two, cocoon opening starting earlier and thus more people just giving circoloco a miss. it was the busiest cocoon opening in years.

the opening line up was as strong as it could be really.

week two 'suffered' from two points, one being the last ever space opening and thus everyone going and two, cocoon opening starting earlier and thus more people just giving circoloco a miss. it was the busiest cocoon opening in years.

Can we still expect appearances from the likes of TOU, Dixon etc or are artists tied down to other night now?

Can we still expect appearances from the likes of TOU, Dixon etc or are artists tied down to other night now?

not sure. if they play dc10 then it's surely going to be only before/after the afterlife season, but I'm not sure they'll play circoloco at all. dixon neither has a paradise date this summer.

Is this not part of the 'change' for Circo Loco? When I first went, 2006-2009 you were lucky if you knew 2 names on the line up, let alone even looking at it. I went to hear music and DJs I had never heard before

Im totally on board with that, but not for 50€. Sorry but that is a pretty large fee to just go for an experience or taking a chance on hearing some new music. I'll pay $5 for that in Brooklyn.

Im totally on board with that, but not for 50€. Sorry but that is a pretty large fee to just go for an experience or taking a chance on hearing some new music. I'll pay $5 for that in Brooklyn.

I understand your approach here, but don't share your opinion.

it's true that circoloco has become as expensive as a lot of other parties compared to a few years ago when it was much cheaper than most others. but if you consider what you get it's not a bad deal IMO:

- 12 hours party (if you want it) - who else provides that nowadays here?
- indoor and outdoor action (garden first and later terrace and main room)
- water still 5€ (where else do you get that?)
- always a great mixture of both new names as well as headliners
- last but definitely not least it definitely is the one party where you hear most 'new' and unknown music in ibiza

as you guys know we don't sell DC10 tickets, so I don't have ANY vested interests at all by saying what I say here. but seriously, seen from a clubber's point of view, I honestly think it's a party well worth the money.

I understand your approach here, but don't share your opinion.

it's true that circoloco has become as expensive as a lot of other parties compared to a few years ago when it was much cheaper than most others. but if you consider what you get it's not a bad deal IMO:

- 12 hours party (if you want it) - who else provides that nowadays here?
- indoor and outdoor action (garden first and later terrace and main room)
- water still 5€ (where else do you get that?)
- always a great mixture of both new names as well as headliners
- last but definitely not least it definitely is the one party where you hear most 'new' and unknown music in ibiza

as you guys know we don't sell DC10 tickets, so I don't have ANY vested interests at all by saying what I say here. but seriously, seen from a clubber's point of view, I honestly think it's a party well worth the money.

Couldn't agree more Stivi... the atmosphere at Circo Loco is one of the best on The Island and remains a party I attend on every visit. The music is always spot on. Cheap drinks in comparison to other clubs. Plus there really isn't a club like DC10 elsewhere.

However, the terrace can be unbearable when really full to the brim - it got to the point I had to leave during Jamie Jones b2b Martinez Brothers last Monday. But I suppose that's the price you pay in a small, popular, basic club.

Overall, Im just not the biggest fan of DC-10. I've gone to Circo more than once over the years and Paradise once each year from when it started. I think the overall vibe of the place is just not very good and its a complete roadblock. I do admit that the indoor/outdoor option is definitely a plus, and 5€ for a water is solid, but I'd rather pay the extra and actually be able to get to the bar. Obviously there are masses that feel different than I do because CircoLoco (and Paradise for that matter) are still massive parties and probably doing better than ever. I just dont feel its worth fighting the crowd unless maybe its a lineup that really suits me.

ah sure, paradise is a complete roadblock every time you go, but in terms of overcrowding, circo loco has seriously become better in 2014 and 2015. obviously it massively depends on the date you go, but generally speaking it's really not as unbearably packed as back in 2010. that said, it's a general problem with the most popular parties. I mean let's be honest, nights like FMIF, music on, ANTS, guetta and avicii at ushuaïa, coxy etc are all busier than what people normally consider comfy. the point about the vibe is obviously a very personal thing. I've had some of my best nights ever at circoloco, but I've also had a few underwhelming nights there over the years.

I mean let's be honest, nights like FMIF, music on, ANTS, guetta and avicii at ushuaïa, coxy etc are all busier than what people normally consider comfy

All nights that i would avoid ;), even loving Carola and Coxy in his last year. Solly +1, i make an exception because he just isn't around in the states as much.

I've had some of my best nights ever at circoloco, but I've also had a few underwhelming nights there over the years.

Your sample size is also so much greater than mine, I've only been coming since 2012 and usually only once, last year i was lucky enough to visit twice, so i definitely don't have the same amount of reps

I've also heard reports of mad thefts at Dc-10 too.

Leon Vannehall, Cassy, Seth Troxler are all DJs I'm interested in but the lineup next week doesn't make it a must go, especially now that it's interfering with Cocoon more. It's not not something that stands out as much as the lineup I had last year.

Also is it actually €50 now? I thought it was €40 for Ciro Loco usually

Back