Wouldn't the clubs make more money if the drinks were cheaper?

It was always a tenner+ for a beer in the club as far as I can remember.. a gram of coke wad 10,000pts 1994

anyone know if amnesia club make offers like on internet,if u buy 5 drinks u got one free?
i know space & ushuaia do this.
is this token available for other manesia parties?
i ask on their event but no answer for now

I'm a bit surprised that Amnesia charges the most for their drinks considering the venue capacity of that place. Should be the cheapest out of all the clubs

I saw it on Amnesia's website 20% off 5 drinks
i ve bought one voucher for 5 water bottles(i hope its 33cl & not 25cl) 36€ kind 7,20€ the bottle ,only available for only amnesia opening, i dont need all this water & it will be split into 3 people, Being a pack is also a way to save money :cool:
33cl bottle in Concrete club in Paris is 3€ (cheaper than Rex club 5€)
i can 't afford 14€ in this club, this budget booked for blue Marlin Ibiza Lio Ibiza & whatever fancy place but not in a warehouse :rolleyes:

ps:eek:ne way to get water for free is that one of ur mate in the P throw u some in the smoking outside aera without staff seeing u :D, i ve already see one 1l bottle in the bushes amnesia opening 14 & i put it in my sea bag :spank: (sorry for the bloke that drop it :lol: i didnt steal it :spank:) & drink it all in amnesia :D
along The old ibz, u can get out the club with a stamp in ur wrist shoulder , go to P Eat Drink (& S... :spank:) & comme back to Amnesia :cool:

I'm a bit surprised that Amnesia charges the most for their drinks considering the venue capacity of that place. Should be the cheapest out of all the clubs

But the tap water is clean and nobody cares if you fill your bottle. One of the reasons I rather went there than to Space on some nights when I worked on Ibiza last year.

Would be cool if Hï gets it's tap water this year from Ushuaïa :D It's the best.

I'm not sure if there is a municipal water supply and individual hotels/areas have their own desalination plants, but there is a massive variation between hotels next door to each other and clubs across the island.

Amnesia tap water (upstairs terrace toilets) to me seemed no different from the tap water back in Yorkshire, but space was most definitely pretty much sea water (which couldn't be much good for the pipework).

Club bahamas shower water had a "greasy" feel you get from salty water, but grand paladium next door didn't. Both had from what I could spy their own desalination or water plants. Guess some spend more on extra processing?

Would be interesting to know what areas use aquifer water and others desalination. :)

As for sucking a lolly, I find halls menthol sweets are good for that lol
While salt water is obviously unpleasant, the main issue with tap water isn't the taste but what is in it. Ever wondered why you should ask for no ice with your drinks in parts of Spain? The issue is tap water isn't clean and contains parasites. Fortunately as we both live in Yorkshire this isn't an issue for either of us at home.

But the tap water is clean and nobody cares if you fill your bottle. One of the reasons I rather went there than to Space on some nights when I worked on Ibiza last year.

Would be cool if Hï gets it's tap water this year from Ushuaïa :D It's the best.

Not sure if its exactly "clean" but it tastes fine. Looks wise, it's a bit cloudy though which means it isn't filtered as much? I don't know.

It'd be nice if Hi has Ushauia's water supply, but it's probably gonna just take over Space's water supply and just be pure salt lol.

Not sure if its exactly "clean" but it tastes fine. Looks wise, it's a bit cloudy though which means it isn't filtered as much? I don't know.

It'd be nice if Hi has Ushauia's water supply, but it's probably gonna just take over Space's water supply and just be pure salt lol.
Sea water from Bossa?:(

I'd expect so. Also the tap water in amnesia looked clear when held up against light. Kinda something I check for. Besides it's not a good holiday unless you've had at least one assplosion :eek::D
As said above, it's not the clarity of the water that's the issue. It's the parasites that are in it. Ffs don't drink it. It's not good for you.

As said above, it's not the clarity of the water that's the issue. It's the parasites that are in it. Ffs don't drink it. It's not good for you.
Hmm surely it must be treated somehow or why would it be fit to wash your hands with?

But hear what you're saying.

Edit: there's article on spotlight Ibiza saying 'yes' safe to drink but tastes like crap. Which is good news as I wouldn't want to wash my hands in grey water straight from aquifers!
Also San jose water supply apparently is filtered. Maybe someone with actual local knowledge would know more.

Shame we're even having this convo due to the prices of bottles of water. If the club's where more like ushuiai and sold half litre bottles for under €10

Last edited:
I'm sure I also read on here some year ago, Stivi saying tap is safe - if unpleasant - to drink in the short-term ie. for visitors, but ill-advised long-term because it can result in kidney stones due to the minerals.

I'm sure I also read on here some year ago, Stivi saying tap is safe - if unpleasant - to drink in the short-term ie. for visitors, but ill-advised long-term because it can result in kidney stones due to the minerals.
Yeah basically it's chlorinated but has lots minerals in it so is hard water. I'm from Yorkshire, so used to that, our water is well hard :D

Think a couple of small bottle refills in a night ain't gonna be a problem. But appreciate why people wouldn't want to try it.

Hmm surely it must be treated somehow or why would it be fit to wash your hands with?

But hear what you're saying.

Edit: there's article on spotlight Ibiza saying 'yes' safe to drink but tastes like crap. Which is good news as I wouldn't want to wash my hands in grey water straight from aquifers!
Also San jose water supply apparently is filtered. Maybe someone with actual local knowledge would know more.

Shame we're even having this convo due to the prices of bottles of water. If the club's where more like ushuiai and sold half litre bottles for under €10
I have to travel to Lancashire for missionary work every day. The water up in Preston wasn't drinkable for months last year due to parasites infecting the cleaning process. Sounds horrible. But you could wash with it, etc. Agree re clubs.

I have been living in the past on the Island for few years and i can confirm that many ibicencos drink tap water ( manly older people ) and as far as I know they don't have problem because of that , they are immunize! I did it myself too and never got any problem because of that , didn't drink it on a daily basic ( just sometimes in club) because first it taste shit and second water are not expensive on the island except of course in the club! So don't worry about drinking 2,3 liter during your 1 o 2 weeks vacation!

I have been living in the past on the Island for few years and i can confirm that many ibicencos drink tap water ( manly older people ) and as far as I know they don't have problem because of that , they are immunize! I did it myself too and never got any problem because of that , didn't drink it on a daily basic ( just sometimes in club) because first it take shit and second water are not expensive on the island except of course in the club! So don't worry about drinking 2,3 liter during your 1 o 2 weeks vacation!

that's not entirely true.

while the water isn't 'bad' in the north, it does contain too much cal and especially elderly people that have been drinking ibicenco tap water then get kidney stones exactly because of that

Back