Wouldn't the clubs make more money if the drinks were cheaper?

I was out in Dublin on Sunday night and it was 2 for 1 cocktails and 40% off all other drinks. 2 pints for €7.20..:)

No No No. The business model as it is works. People pay high door tax, a high % of people do narcotics (so people inform me) and they drink water at €10 (20 times cost price), and why charge people €5 a drink when they are on holiday and will pay €15. Why make booze so cheap that you have to increase the number of bar staff and the amount of supplies you have to keep on the premises. Why make booze so cheap that people get ill - when was the last time you saw someone in a super club really ill and vomiting because they were so drunk. Alcohol (on the whole) makes people more aggressive and would give the door staff even more issues in the clubs. In addition to the above, Ibiza is a 4 month season, and then bills need to be paid so people can feed their kids in the winter months! I could go on.....

:rolleyes: Capitalist pig!

Last edited:
My friend took her first pill at manumission 1995 and was worried about not drinking enough water,her now husband was then her boyfriend still talks about the time he spent nearly 100 pounds on fckn water one night in ibiza..:lol:
I need water,I need water she was saying

I think water €6, bottle of beer €9/10 and spirit mixer €12/13 would be alot fairer and a lot less stress on myself budgeting
most real clubbers don't get steaming on ale.
Im a non-drug taker and sometimes I just fancy that extra beer or two, but it can add up over a trip. Im not into "pre drinks" that much either as it doesn't massive interest me to be feeling leathered early on in the night.
I was out in Dublin on Sunday night and it was 2 for 1 cocktails and 40% off all other drinks. 2 pints for €7.20..:)
My local northern town on Saturday we were paying between 1.80 and 3.00 a drink, but we were on a mission to go in the roughest pubs just for the sake of it.:lol: In one pub, it was 2.00 for Estrella bottle

No No No. The business model as it is works. People pay high door tax, a high % of people do narcotics (so people inform me) and they drink water at €10 (20 times cost price), and why charge people €5 a drink when they are on holiday and will pay €15. Why make booze so cheap that you have to increase the number of bar staff and the amount of supplies you have to keep on the premises. Why make booze so cheap that people get ill - when was the last time you saw someone in a super club really ill and vomiting because they were so drunk. Alcohol (on the whole) makes people more aggressive and would give the door staff even more issues in the clubs. In addition to the above, Ibiza is a 4 month season, and then bills need to be paid so people can feed their kids in the winter months! I could go on.....

Taking on extra bar staff,waiters and waitresses would really help the families who struggle the most to put food on the table in the winter months. f*** the millionaire super club owners,I'm sure they aint on the bread line in the winter months. But then again,staying in the best hotel resorts around the world,whilst they're on Their 6mth vacations could get a little pricey?

I think water €6, bottle of beer €9/10 and spirit mixer €12/13 would be alot fairer and a lot less stress on myself budgeting

I would be okay with this even if it was for a certain timeframe early in the night, like lets say 12-3 AM. For the club they'd get a bigger crowd earlier.

i've been in so many clubs over the years where townies stumbled in by mistake and realised they weren't going to pull anyone because the girls were serious clubbers and not easy slags and then left!

Do you always conduct exit polls of night clubs, to understand why people left? :D

Please could you ask the questions about drink and tickets pricing on the next one and let us know the results?

All it does is encourage people to get as tanked up as they can before going to the club, either with buy 8 vodka red bulls get 52 free shots of petrol west end deals, drinking shit loads in their apartments or on the streets or taking more drugs.

Nobody is saying they expect west end prices (except maybe es paradis or eden who could probably gain a lot from adopting a much fairer drinks policy), and yes there are valid reasons for charging a bit more, its an island, the long drinks are usually quite generous with the spirit etc.

To me, more reasonable pricing would be 5 euros for a decent size bottle of water, at least 33cl, 6 euros for a pisswater beer or 8 - 10 euros for a long drink/cocktail. At the very least from a safety aspect, water should be affordable.

If theres one thing that always united the various bickering tribes of ibiza its that drinks prices in the big clubs have always been a complete and utter pisstake in ibiza.

Tbf to ushuaia they do sell 0.5l bottles of water for around €8, which is much better than the same price for bottles half or less the size in other clubs... still extortionate though.

Yep, that's right because it deters the Magaluf crowd etc until they've matured and can afford Ibiza.
Total nonsense, they are already there and in uniform.
Look I didn't mean it in a way of "yes get in there I have to pay loads for a drink" I meant it in a way of I'm not to bothered because it is what it is I know the prices are going to be that high so I plan my holiday around it the exact same as the ticket argument if you don't like it don't go. It is what it is and there's no point moaning about something you can't change. And as much you want to say the magaluf crowd are already there you can't disagree that if the prices of everything were lower there would be a larger percentage of this crowd. That's all I was trying to get at and I know this is true because I've experienced it first hand

Wow. A couple of days ago came the defence of 80-100 euro ticket prices, now some of you are saying you are glad to be forking out the likes of 14 euros for a 25cl of fanta, 18 euros for a long drink?! f*** me :lol:

exactly

they'll be defending privatised beaches next and complaining about the plebs putting their towels on the sand

Do you always conduct exit polls of night clubs, to understand why people left? :D

Please could you ask the questions about drink and tickets pricing on the next one and let us know the results?

I've been going to clubs for 25+ years and seen it all, so in the nicest possible way, do one

I took my kids to Woomoon last year and paid something like 20 euros for their 2 x 250ml bottles of Fanta!! That was pretty hard to swallow if you pardon the pun.

That's a bargain for what you paid, we all know what kind of "candy" they're eating. Ibiza is perfect in every way shape and form as a lot of their events can compete with premier league or a grand scale opera. We're witnessing the greatest evolution in dance music history right now and we should pay even more

That's a bargain for what you paid, we all know what kind of "candy" they're eating. Ibiza is perfect in every way shape and form as a lot of their events can compete with premier league or a grand scale opera. We're witnessing the greatest evolution in dance music history right now and we should pay even more

not sure if this is a pisstake?

Back