Wouldn't the clubs make more money if the drinks were cheaper?

EveyT

What it says on the tin ^. I'm interested to hear others thoughts on this. Surely if the prices were actually reasonable people would drink more in the clubs and they would get a higher profit. Yes, still have your 3000 euro bottles of champagne for the silly money folk but the rest of us plebs will spend more on the rest. Or do you think they have it too good just now to change it?

The thing is if the drinks are cheaper the bars are busier and then you need to employ more staff. From what I think I believe the clubs are happy running at the rates they are and only having a couple staff at each bar and not having people queuing and queuing for drinks. That's only my take obviously could be wrong

Yeah but possibly it's better for them to sell fewer more expensive drinks and make the same profit in total, but with less issues of drunk people causing a ruckus. :?:

What it says on the tin ^. I'm interested to hear others thoughts on this. Surely if the prices were actually reasonable people would drink more in the clubs and they would get a higher profit. Yes, still have your 3000 euro bottles of champagne for the silly money folk but the rest of us plebs will spend more on the rest. Or do you think they have it too good just now to change it?

No No No. The business model as it is works. People pay high door tax, a high % of people do narcotics (so people inform me) and they drink water at €10 (20 times cost price), and why charge people €5 a drink when they are on holiday and will pay €15. Why make booze so cheap that you have to increase the number of bar staff and the amount of supplies you have to keep on the premises. Why make booze so cheap that people get ill - when was the last time you saw someone in a super club really ill and vomiting because they were so drunk. Alcohol (on the whole) makes people more aggressive and would give the door staff even more issues in the clubs. In addition to the above, Ibiza is a 4 month season, and then bills need to be paid so people can feed their kids in the winter months! I could go on.....

No No No. The business model as it is works. People pay high door tax, a high % of people do narcotics (so people inform me) and they drink water at €10 (20 times cost price), and why charge people €5 a drink when they are on holiday and will pay €15. Why make booze so cheap that you have to increase the number of bar staff and the amount of supplies you have to keep on the premises. Why make booze so cheap that people get ill - when was the last time you saw someone in a super club really ill and vomiting because they were so drunk. Alcohol (on the whole) makes people more aggressive and would give the door staff even more issues in the clubs. In addition to the above, Ibiza is a 4 month season, and then bills need to be paid so people can feed their kids in the winter months! I could go on.....

I'm not talking cheap I'm talking cheaper! But yes, I'd say you're bang on the money there. No pun intended :)

I'm not talking cheap I'm talking cheaper! But yes, I'd say you're bang on the money there. No pun intended :)
If they are happy with how they are running and their profit margins there's no need to change it At the end of the day why fix something that was never broken in the first place!

the prices are obviously a scandal (to reiterate what the majority of people were saying on the other thread)

drinks should be sold for the same price as that old man's bar down the road - nobody should be ripped off just for wanting to let their hair down in a spanish disco.

if people get drunk and aggressive because they've had too much to drink chuck them in jail. if staff sell drinks to obviously drunk people then fine the club hard

i'm not suggesting ridiculous student happy hour prices, with potential to cause chaos - but a fair price which isn't a pisstake

the prices are obviously a scandal (to reiterate what the majority of people were saying on the other thread)

drinks should be sold for the same price as that old man's bar down the road - nobody should be ripped off just for wanting to let their hair down in a spanish disco.

if people get drunk and aggressive because they've had too much to drink chuck them in jail. if staff sell drinks to obviously drunk people then fine the club hard

i'm not suggesting ridiculous student happy hour prices, with potential to cause chaos - but a fair price which isn't a pisstake
I for one am rather happy the drink prices are a bit high and for that matter everything is rather expensive. This is for the sole purpose it keep Ibiza away from the crowds that flock to Ayia Napa/Magaluf and all the greek island all for some big piss up in massive groups of 16 year old brits. If the drink prices were slashed you would see a very different crowd coming to the island and I'm sure people would then be moaning about how the young generation have ruined their beloved island

I for one am rather happy the drink prices are a bit high and for the matter everything is rather expensive. This is for the sole purpose it keep Ibiza away from the crowds that flock to Ayia Napa/Magaluf and all the greek island. If the drink prices were slashed you would see a very different crowd coming to the island and I'm sure people would then be moaning about how the young generation have ruined their beloved island

i take it you've never been down the west end then.... at any point in the last 35 years

i take it you've never been down the west end then.... at any point in the last 35 years
No I havnt actually and for that exact reason! But you don't notice these types of crowd anywhere near the expensive clubs or drinks do you? You find here people in the one place that do offer fairly normal party destination prices so my point is proven

No I havnt actually and for that exact reason! But you don't notice these types of crowd anywhere near the expensive clubs or drinks do you? You find here people in the one place that do offer fairly normal party destination prices so my point is proven

but you're basing your assumption on hordes of working class British kids not going to techno nights cos of the drinks prices? how many people in San An listen to techno? seriously? they're only there to get pissed/laid and get a tan

but you're basing your assumption on hordes of working class British kids not going to techno nights cos of the drinks prices? how many people in San An listen to techno? seriously? they're only there to get pissed/laid and get a tan
Your missing my point, I'm not talking about the older working class British kids, I'm taking about the 16 years olds on there first holiday away. I personally know an awful lot of people who will not go to Ibiza for their first lads holiday because of the prices they go the cheaper destination and then Ibiza when they are abit older and have more money and have therefore matured.

Obviously people will go to Ibiza to get bartered and that is what you get in certain areas but very little young brits go as there first holiday away they go to the cheaper islands and resorts first and work there way up as its know Ibiza is more expensive

i doubt many 16 year olds (especially boys) are likely to get in to too many serious spanish clubs anyway...
What's your point? You just love to argue. Its true that the prices in Ibiza keep young boys and girls away, my junior at work even said to me yesterday he's booked to go to Zante because none of his pals can afford Ibiza. He doesn't like Techno but would still go Ibiza to get drunk but cant because he cant afford it and he was sick on a staff night out last week. Give it 2 years when he can afford to go and its a bit better with his drink he wont be the kid he is today

i've been in so many clubs over the years where townies stumbled in by mistake and realised they weren't going to pull anyone because the girls were serious clubbers and not easy slags and then left! the cultural divide (even today) cannot be ignored - it's not about simple drinks prices. the vast majority of tourists will gravitate to their natural habitats, where they can hang out with their own kind.

i've been in so many clubs over the years where townies stumbled in by mistake and realised they weren't going to pull anyone because the girls were serious clubbers and not easy slags and then left! the cultural divide (even today) cannot be ignored - it's not about simple drinks prices. the vast majority of tourists will gravitate to their natural habitats, where they can hang out with their own kind.
I'm not disagreeing with that! All I'm saying is if Ibiza lowered every club and drink price to that of all the other destinations there would be an increase, however small you may think, of young people! All I'm saying is it is a contributing factor when young people book a holiday! I'm young and I know this is the case and god knows what your thinking if you don't think the cost of a young persons holiday matters. If I was not into my techno I would not be going to Ibiza due to the prices. FACT!

Back