World Cup 2010

But you've also got to remember that a player like JT has already lined up against the likes of Messi, Torres, Ronaldo, etc. Whole different ballgame.

sorry i wasn't referring to him, more the the peripheral dross.

sorry i wasn't referring to him, more the the peripheral dross.

There is peripheral dross in all teams. The fact remains that England have a core of good, experienced players in all positions.

The team will win their group, progress to the last 16 and have Portugal and Brazil on their side of the draw.

A little luck on your side and you never know...................

pretty obvious from the dialogue is it not? We're talking about world cup teams, not premiership teams.

John Terry would make it into any premiership 11? Yes. he's English? Yes, therefore a cert to start for England at the World Cup? Yes.

Thats what I'm talking about, not sure what you are, so in answer to your question, not pretty obvious, no.

John Terry would make it into any premiership 11? Yes. he's English? Yes, therefore a cert to start for England at the World Cup? Yes.

Thats what I'm talking about, not sure what you are, so in answer to your question, not pretty obvious, no.

jebus.... the statement was made he would walk into any startin 11 in a thread about world cup squads.... not premiership squads.

The Team the Republic was sending had not one player that would have made a top 11.

Given, Dunne, Keane, and Duff are our best players and they are Journeymen at best.

We would love to have one of the English players already mentioned in our squad.

I know England have higher expectations but you dont half give your squad a hard time.......

jebus.... the statement was made he would walk into any startin 11 in a thread about world cup squads.... not premiership squads.

calm down, kinell, whats up? the offy ran out of buckfast or something?

No he probably wouldnt be a first choice in a best of world cup 11. I would be surprised if we had anyone in that team apart from rooney possibly and the other lovely bloke from chelsea, ashley cole.

The Team the Republic was sending had not one player that would have made a top 11.

Given, Dunne, Keane, and Duff are our best players and they are Journeymen at best.

We would love to have one of the English players already mentioned in our squad.

I know England have higher expectations but you dont half give your squad a hard time.......

Given probably no 3 after Casillas and Buffon?

Back