World Cup 2010

Provisional squad, though unlikely the final 23 will have any new additions. No Neville :lol: And nice to see he's giving the young'uns a chance. The press made out barry would be left out, but I suppose even coming back quite late he can be used later on in the tournament (if we do progress)

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green.
Defenders: Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock.
Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips.
Forwards: Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney.

Thoughts ??

if that's the best there is, then we're fcuked!

yeah, Think England have missed their best chance of winning a world cup with the squad they had for 2006.

many of the same players in this squad, terry, carragher, gerrard etc. but they're past their best so it doesn't look good for yous.

Forwards: Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney

it doesnt scream goals does it?? :confused:

If rooney gets crocked we better hope lampard and gerrard bring their shooting boots!!

Provisional squad, though unlikely the final 23 will have any new additions. No Neville :lol: And nice to see he's giving the young'uns a chance. The press made out barry would be left out, but I suppose even coming back quite late he can be used later on in the tournament (if we do progress)

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green.
Defenders: Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock.
Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips.
Forwards: Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney.

Thoughts ??

Its not that bad. Solid looking rather than Flashy.

John Terry, Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney, Gerrard and Ferdinand would make the first eleven of any team.

David James seems to keep his best game for the big occasion.

What formation will Capello go with............ the classic 442????

Last edited by a moderator:

If rooney gets crocked we better hope lampard and gerrard bring their shooting boots!!
Premier league top scorers

Player Team Top Scorers
1 Didier Drogba Chelsea 29
2 Wayne Rooney Man Utd 26
3 Darren Bent Sunderland 24
4 Frank Lampard Chelsea 22
5 Carlos Tevez Manchester City 22

Not too bad, really.

Premier league top scorers

Player Team Top Scorers
1 Didier Drogba Chelsea 29
2 Wayne Rooney Man Utd 26
3 Darren Bent Sunderland 24
4 Frank Lampard Chelsea 22
5 Carlos Tevez Manchester City 22

Not too bad, really.

so what.

kerry dixon scored nearly 200 goals for chelsea and he was always ****.

so what.

kerry dixon scored nearly 200 goals for chelsea and he was always ****.
Hey! Pipe down.. he's a friend :evil: :lol:

Just saying that on current form you've got some proven goalscorers in the squad.

Although by similar measure I don't see what Crouch gets you over Cole or Zamora.

Overall, I think Bez has it right - not spectacular but very solid.

if that's the best there is, then we're fcuked!

:lol:

I think we can mange a decent 11 out of that lot, surely :confused:

Obviously if Rooneys injured we are fooked, if he doesnt get injured then we have a nice selection of option to pair with him or bring on. Each one brings something different, and most have quite a bit of experience.

David James seems to keep his best game for the big occasion.

What formation will Capello go with............ the classic 442????

I'd go with Hart in goal TBH, hes had the best season out the 3.

As for formation, who knows :confused: I think it depends on the other striker, if there is another striker like.

How long before Fergie starts moaning about Brown, Neville and Scholes not making it :lol:

John Terry, Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney, Gerrard and Ferdinand would make the first eleven of any team.

I'd give you wayne rooney would be able to make into the first 11 of any team. Ferdinand (although I'm not a fan) too perhaps. But thats about it.

I'd give you wayne rooney would be able to make into the first 11 of any team. Ferdinand (although I'm not a fan) too perhaps. But thats about it.
Ya... that defender whose team had the highest number of clean sheets in the Premier League and that guy who was the 4th highest goalscorer in the league from midfield... neither of them would make my starting eleven :rolleyes:

I'd pick agbonlahor over Bent!!

Pearce will be advising Capello though and Pearce has probably never forgiven him for blowing out the u21's a few years back in the Euro Finals because he was tired!
Which will explain bentleys absence too!!

basically you've got to be careful of dion dublin syndrome here.

the geezer was at best a journeyman defender-come-makeshift-target-man.

he did ok at it actually, scored a few goals, gave errol brown a run in the polish-yer-head stakes.

but then he got called up for england by glenn hoddle cos he'd scored a few goals, maybe even top scorer in fact, he deserved his chance (kind of) but something had been forgotten.....he was dion dublin and he was lining up against paolo maldini and marcel desailly.

basically you've got to be careful of dion dublin syndrome here.
But you've also got to remember that a player like JT has already lined up against the likes of Messi, Torres, Ronaldo, etc. Whole different ballgame.

Back