Why the poppy music isnt so bad...

Isn't "Cool story bro" universally sarcastic though? My 8 year old nephew says that to me when I'm droning on about something. Does anybody say it in a complimentary way?

Not something I'd be particularly offended about. If you post a thread on a forum about anything, you have to be prepared for some folk taking the pis5 a little.

Cool story bro is universally known as a sarcastic/dick comment. They even make those lame shirts with big neon letters that say "Cool Story Bro" as in whatever you just contributed is worthless.

I suppose it's a bit like using the word queer then ?

I've never heard that phrase used. Must be growing up at last.

I dont think it might be worthless but rather as jovial and aesthetically unimpossing perhaps???
Maybe a subtlety or an annecdote that some can relate to.
At the best of senses.

And at the most of "jovial" or playful of all...
Or
At the most sincere which can touch but a few senses that are aware of its parameters.

In anycase it is just a another story...

At which end it ends up in the story cohort of just an amicable trial of jest , no matter how well or ill adjusted it might be.

In the end it is all broken up in terms of music... Right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think it might be worthless but rather as jovial and aesthetically unimpossing perhaps???
At the best of senses.

Or
At the most sincere which can touch but a few senses that are aware of its parameters.

At which end it ends up in the story cohort of just an amicable trial of jest , no matter how well or ill adjusted it might be.

Err............ Right then.

At the best of senses.

Or

hahahahahaa!

oh wait....that was a joke right?

I like to read a good book every now and then.

Nothing bad about it at all. In every sense of the word, doesn't make you "queer".

Just a bit more verbose.

Well it was Tiesto who got me into dance music (adagio for strings) now all these years later i love the likes of maceo plex, joris voorn, never in a million years either would i think i'd go see adam beyer banging techno!

So yeah we can only hope those who are into the huge EDM explosion now all down the line wonder into different kinds of music away from the commercial crap

Well it was Tiesto who got me into dance music (adagio for strings) now all these years later i love the likes of maceo plex, joris voorn, never in a million years either would i think i'd go see adam beyer banging techno!

So yeah we can only hope those who are into the huge EDM explosion now all down the line wonder into different kinds of music away from the commercial crap
Exactly!

Do we really need Guetta, Avicci et al. to introduce us???

I can't remember how old I was (very young in primary school) late 80's there were songs like Steve Silk Hurley - Jack your body, Royal House - Can you feel it on Top of the Pops, loads of Acid house tunes on the news during coverage of 'the evil acid house scene'. Inner City - Good life, that was popular dance music in the charts back then.

Avicci etc are not needed in this world as a stepping stone. That's just an excuse for liking absolute garbage if you ask me! If the EDM scene did one already, the world would be a better place. Only purpose of Guetta is containing idiots inside a club that I won't be in. Everyone has different taste, and some people have no taste, but don't justify this culture which is spreading like genital warts. Maybe it's just me but I don't hope all the EDM fans develop a fondness for underground techno.

Cool story bro is huge on places like reddit, 4chan, etc. The darker underbelly of the internet.

'“Cool Story, Bro” is a catchphrase often seen in image macros as a sarcastic response on message boards or in comments to posts that are deemed boring, pointless or too long to read (TL;DR).'

Source: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/cool-story-bro

I get 'Cool Story, Bro'ed all the time. An extremely common and effective put down of choice among my social circles.

Definitely sarcastic.

Incidentally, as for the actual debate here.

I've been listening to dance music for as long as I can remember but the commercial music that 'got me into real club music' (as it were) was really no less cheesey than the Guetta's and Avicii's of this world. I imagine, if I was 13-15 today, that's possibly what I would be listening to.

Having said that, with my 'old head' on, I'm not sure the cheesey music of Guetta and Avicii has the character of some of the commercial music of old and it does feel a bit cynical and opportunistic in comparison.

And also, you have to look at the scene and admit that it's not all 13-16 year olds listening to Guetta and Avicii. It's actually people old enough to buy tickets for Pacha or Ushuaia. Do many of these people ever get themselves educated and move onto something better? A small percentage, I would say.

there seems to be alot of banging on around the main point here. with everybody afraid to say it.

All this EDM style of music sucks and should stay in clubs that cater for that style in music. Thank the lord for 2 dj that really haven't changed their act that much over the years Carl Cox and Judge Jules and have stayed relevant.

Paris Hilton Dj in Ibiza clubs makes me sick. Guetta charging 80 euros for the privelage of seeing him fist pumping in the air like aaagghhhh

I don't on any terms think Avicci, Guetta, or any other similar garbage can be viewed as positive. They aren't musicians, they are a brand that make noises capable of capturing people's attention. The most important thing about their music is will it sell to masses, and make me rich? not is this a worthy tune. They are like the McDonalds of music, everyone knows deep down that it is rubbish but they like it anyway because it's popular and they follow like sheep causing the disease to spread.

...Thank the lord for 2 dj that really haven't changed their act that much over the years Carl Cox and Judge Jules and have stayed relevant....

When was the last time you saw Judge Jules? He's an EDM DJ through and through now. He's not relevant to the trance scene anymore that's for sure, not even as a gateway DJ like he used to be.

I don't on any terms think Avicci, Guetta, or any other similar garbage can be viewed as positive. They aren't musicians, they are a brand that make noises capable of capturing people's attention. The most important thing about their music is will it sell to masses, and make me rich? not is this a worthy tune. They are like the McDonalds of music, everyone knows deep down that it is rubbish but they like it anyway because it's popular and they follow like sheep causing the disease to spread.

Why? Playing devils advocate here, but if they aren't musicians, then why should Bryan Kearney's tracks be music, or Mark Knight? It's just as much noise as Avicii's.

Some people like McDonalds, regardless of the fact that it's unhealthy. Some people love the taste. They love the smell.

Back