Who has booked 2021

My friends are booked in to Ibiza Rocks for 10th-16th July which i hope isn't too early for it to properly kick off (Assuming all vaccines go ahead as planned).. I'm not keen on going early in the season in general anyway - I'd much rather wait it out and get to the usual Radio 1 weekend as I get upset seeing everyone going on holiday afterwards.
Will probably have a second holiday elsewhere around August bank holiday, so i'm crossing my fingers it's at full speed by July.
So i've just checked and found that my boss has already booked that week off so I most likely can't go with them even if it does go ahead ?‍♂️.

A week of rubbish news.

Planning on booking a trip - albeit for someone to come here rather than me going somewhere. I found a nifty little service on Priceline.com called Affirm. They'll lend you credit (at some ridiculously high interest rate of course) so you can go on your trip now and pay it off when you have time and money. It's probably manageable if you keep up with the payments before they capitalize each month (I think that's how it works), but I haven't tried it.

If all goes as planned, I will have a visitor next year around late summer.

Planning on booking a trip - albeit for someone to come here rather than me going somewhere. I found a nifty little service on Priceline.com called Affirm. They'll lend you credit (at some ridiculously high interest rate of course) so you can go on your trip now and pay it off when you have time and money. It's probably manageable if you keep up with the payments before they capitalize each month (I think that's how it works), but I haven't tried it.

If all goes as planned, I will have a visitor next year around late summer.
I just took a quick look and they charge 0-30% interest. Looks to be first 3 months free (which i'm sure is probably only promotional or "for advertising, I seriously doubt there's a free period). It's also from time of booking, not travel. There's plenty of cheap economy flights right now, do some more shopping before using this service. This is pretty much internet loan sharking.

I just took a quick look and they charge 0-30% interest. Looks to be first 3 months free (which i'm sure is probably only promotional or "for advertising, I seriously doubt there's a free period). It's also from time of booking, not travel. There's plenty of cheap economy flights right now, do some more shopping before using this service. This is pretty much internet loan sharking.
Thanks I didn't realize. I'll have to think of some other way to finance my plan.

My anticipation is that anyone landing @ IBZ will have to show proof of vaccination 30+ days prior and probably a neg covid test 3 days prior. IF they can vaccinate the local population in the next 4-5 months then you can safely open the clubs without masks.
Where are you getting that from? That just won’t be viable if they want anything approaching a vibrant tourist trade next summer. It could become a good island for saga holidays though!

Where are you getting that from? That just won’t be viable if they want anything approaching a vibrant tourist trade next summer. It could become a good island for saga holidays though!
My anticipation = just me and my crystal ball.

What part isn't viable? Getting vaccinated or showing a negative test result prior to arrival?

My anticipation = just me and my crystal ball.

What part isn't viable? Getting vaccinated or showing a negative test result prior to arrival?
Ok mate, thought you had a source then!

I think the vaccination idea is challenging. No idea of your age so I don’t know what the roll out vaccination plan timeframe means for you. We don’t know if vaccination passports will be a thing or not, but that will be challenging as different countries will have different attitudes to different vaccinations. We know the USA is sceptical about the Oxford vaccine, for example, despite its approval, but there are likely to be commercial reasons for this. We also don’t know if under 50s will be vaccinated at all. If proof of vaccination is going to be a thing to enable foreign travel, there isn’t going to be a lot of foreign travel happening because I (entirely personal view) cannot see that many vaccinations of under 60s without underlying health conditions being administered by then.

Yup, there's lots of unknowns right now. The EU/UK/US vaccine rollout will hopefully be quick. The next few months will be critical

The UK will be anything but quick. They're managing to balls the vaccination programme up already......

I don't think we'll be out of restrictions anytime soon. First half of 2021 pretty much like 2020.

With that, I won't be booking any holiday. Causes too much grief when you're unsure if it's going ahead or not.......

Obviously I hope I'm woefully wrong and people can come back and ridicule me for this post..........In a good way..........not because we've been locked down until 2027??

Would anyone on here be interested in buying my Iberia voucher codes (£197.20)? Iberia are proving to be absolute ar*eholes to deal with.

Turns out at least one leg of the trip must be on an actual Iberia plane, so it can't be a BA carrier (which all flights out of the UK seem to be!). I am fuming to have been stitched up like this when they must have known I would have wanted to re-book a similar route. I have done a check to make sure they work on Iberia carrier flights and they do.

Is anyone on here flying out of Ibiza to somewhere that isn't the UK (or anywhere else that uses Iberia for that matter), that would be interested in buying them? Obviously at a discount, which we can discuss privately.

Happy new year all!

Would anyone on here be interested in buying my Iberia voucher codes (£197.20)? Iberia are proving to be absolute ar*eholes to deal with.

Turns out at least one leg of the trip must be on an actual Iberia plane, so it can't be a BA carrier (which all flights out of the UK seem to be!). I am fuming to have been stitched up like this when they must have known I would have wanted to re-book a similar route. I have done a check to make sure they work on Iberia carrier flights and they do.

Is anyone on here flying out of Ibiza to somewhere that isn't the UK (or anywhere else that uses Iberia for that matter), that would be interested in buying them? Obviously at a discount, which we can discuss privately.

Happy new year all!
£100 to anyone that wants them....

Happy new year all!
Why did you take that voucher, I took the money back?

Back