Where will be your first stop?

Any of our newer members fancy jumping in on this one?

I'll be in Ibiza in June/July. I'll be arriving in San An in the early evening. Once I've dumped my stuff at the hotel, I'm going straight to Flaherty's to get a couple of beers and a big steak (no chips, just the meat). Hopefully I'll get a table looking out onto the pavement and street. I am not taking any chances with new, unknown restaurants for my first beer and steak.

Our government (in Norway) has this evening announced that pubs, restaurant etc. are no longer allowed to sell alcohol. The ban is supposed to last for only two weeks. But no one expects society to open up again for a few months. This means I'm really looking forward to those first couple of beers in Ibiza.

Nice shout - Sa Caleta.

It's been years since I did that, used to love driving straight from the airport there after an early morning flight and jumping in the sea for a swim before carrying on towards Calo d'es Moro where I was inevitably staying, usually via a couple of other spots along the way. That's if I ever made it to my hotel at all :lol:. A big uptick in car break-ins there brought an end to that carefree routine and ever since I've headed to my accommodation first. The next step always then depends on the wind, weather and time of day, but getting settled and making it to a sunset paddleboard from Cala Xuclar is never a bad shout.

I’m a lot more boring than you lot.

First things first, once I’ve checked in I like to properly unpack and get the room in order. Can’t relax properly until that’s done! I will potter around getting my stuff together whilst having a couple of drinks in the room and some tunes on the portable speaker. Usually takes a good hour. Will change clothes too and get the bikini on.
Next item on the agenda is Bossa beach and inevitably some tinnies outside Bora Bora.

If we are in San An then it’s a walk to Mambo with a few stops on the way.

Can’t beat that first day of the holiday feeling.

First things first, once I’ve checked in I like to properly unpack and get the room in order. Can’t relax properly until that’s done! I will potter around getting my stuff together whilst having a couple of drinks in the room and some tunes on the portable speaker. Usually takes a good hour. Will change clothes too and get the bikini on.
Next item on the agenda is Bossa beach and inevitably some tinnies outside Bora Bora.

I never really unpack, I'm also one of them scruffs who doesn't iron clothes - so do not mind living out of a bag.

The less time I spend in my room the best!

I’m totally like this. But I definitely unpack at speed and then immediately want to walk the entirety of San An to see everywhere again. Though I suppose it won’t feel like a ‘holiday’ ever again!

I never really unpack, I'm also one of them scruffs who doesn't iron clothes - so do not mind living out of a bag.

The less time I spend in my room the best!
that's the one! tbh no choice in the matter though the wife usually takes up ever hanger and draw going in warp speed then comments all holiday how im living like a mole-man digging through my case all the time:rolleyes:?‍♂️

that's the one! tbh no choice in the matter though the wife usually takes up ever hanger and draw going in warp speed then comments all holiday how im living like a mole-man digging through my case all the time:rolleyes:?‍♂️

mine even does all my unpacking/ hanging up for me. Shes got ocd though classes 2 cans of deodorant on the bedside table as ‘mess’?

I like my stuff hung up as soon as I arrive, having T Shirt ocd doesn’t help.
Mrs Diver changes from a compulsive tidier upper at home to not giving a shit on holiday.

For me, unpack - I am another " can't relax until the room is sorted " type. Then simply head out for a stroll to soak up the atmosphere- something I missed so much in 2020. Then, off into Ibiza town for some food..simple, but something I have missed so much. Praying I make it out at some point this year!

My room normally looks like it's been burgled within half an hour of me arriving!

Stuff everywhere after having a half arsed look for a travel plug then given up rapidly when a beer on the balcony calls!

My room normally looks like it's been burgled within half an hour of me arriving!

Stuff everywhere after having a half arsed look for a travel plug then given up rapidly when a beer on the balcony calls!
Hahahaha - well, mine normally looks like that on day 2 to be fair. It's just the initial few hours there is an element of organization!

Back